AIG Actuary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

good, mostly the same as all other process.
there are three stages - phone with HR, phone with senior, on site interview.
the process is very fast, and people are nice to talk with

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I will never work for AIG based on the interview experience I had. It started very unprofessional. I received an email about 4 months after I applied telling me to go to “Superday” in two day. It was a very generic email with no personalization and they didn’t even ask me my availabilities. This seemed very out of the blue as I didn’t even get a phone call or anything before the email I received at 1am on a Monday night. The interview took place on the Thursday. It started out good, with a presentation led by the HR. Then we were sent to the Analytics floor. Here we were had 2 one-on-one interviews and 1 two-on-one interviews. The first interview was okay, she asked me a basic probability question and went over my resume. The second interview was awful. It was two interviews and me. As soon as I entered the room they said “How much would you buy a tree for?” Of course I was totally caught off guard. Then they told me to try and write something down. After struggling to solve this problem for 10 min, they were smiling and laughing at the fact I couldn’t figure it out. After that they “quizzed” me on classes I took Freshman year, it was like they expected that I was already an actuary. They were laughing at me every time I couldn’t get an answer correct. After the longest 30 minutes of my life, of these two 20-something year olds laughing and judging me, I just wanted to go home. The two interviewers seemed like they ruled the world and tried to find every question they could to make sure I didn’t have an answer. On the verge of tears, I went the third interviewer. At this point I was so done with the day. The interviewer seemed to be nice, but had that “oh she’s not going to do well here”-smirk on his face the whole time. I just tried to be confident, and he concluded with the hard question of “name THREE of weaknesses”. In conclusion, because of this interview I have reconsidered my career choices as I do not want to be a part of a department that judges people for their lack of intellect. I am grateful that this interview happened before I graduated and was able to tell that I was not meant to be an actuary.

Interview Questions

• How much would you buy a tree for?
      Financial derivatives questions   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Applied online in August. Got notification in December that I would be invited to a January interview. The HR department told me it could take up to two weeks to receive a decision, but they expedited the process for me because I had another offer.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AIG (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through employee referral... Process took near 3 months... Got an email to attend onsite in Atlanta, Georgia... Interviewed with three different people. One FCAS, Global Recruiter and a director...

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly behavioral establishing fit... A few technical questions to show critical thinking...

About the company... How you heard about AIG... what makes you think you the best candidate... how to withstand pressure...   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Two back to back 30 minute interviews on campus, got an offer 1 week later. They asked pretty standard behavioral questions. It is not too stressful or challenging, a very positive experience. Once you get an interview the company just wants to know if you are someone who would fit into their culture.

Interview Questions

• If you are given a project with a tight deadline and no information or guidance, what would you do?   2 Answers

Location

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was through the university, and the whole process took 1 day. It was a two part interview, first with a human resources manager who asked basic behavioral questions, followed by an interview with a senior level actuarial analyst who went through my resume with me, asking basic questions. It was a good experience, because both the interviewers made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why pick actuarial science? What are three of your strengths? What is your biggest weakness? What would make you the best pick for our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was very good at my college. There were on-campus interview early November for their intern positions. I had one 30-minute behavioral interview with an actuary, and after two weeks I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• There were not any unexpected questions from the interview. However, some of them were the following:

Tell me about a time when you failed and how you resolved the issue?
      Tell me about a time where you innovated a process?
      What are 3 of your greatest strengths and weaknesses? And why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interviewers were serious, but overall a pleasant one.

Interview Questions

• What you don't like about your major subject.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Lunch Interview, one on one with dept head

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Wilmington, DE) in March 2009.

Interview

phone interview, onsite interview, negotiation, job offer