AIG Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIG Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at AIG

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that asked me if I was interested in a business analyst position at AIG (2 long term contract position). Once, I said yes, I sent him my resume and within a week I was asked to come interview. I met with two people, one manager and analyst. I was asked about my experience on my resume and the manager explained what the job entails. I was asked if I had any questions and I asked about three questions. We concluded the interview and a few days later I received an offer. The manager and the analyst are down to earth people and it has been a pleasure working with them

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging part of your current job functions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate with the agency and my rate went up 10%.

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in November 2009.

Interview

Worked here a few years before a fulltime opening came up. Was asked by boss to apply for the job online and was called by HR rep. for an interview. Not sure why this was needed as I've worked for the boss before, but this is just a formality which should really be removed. In addition to this hoop, I was subjected to another background check (which was already done before joining as consultant). This seemed like a waste of time and money as the entire background check can take up to 2 weeks. Having worked for the company for years as a consultant, you would think this step could be avoided. After the interview, offer was made a few days later which I countered. A few days afterward, the counter was accepted and offer letter was received 2 days later. The entire process from interview to finally starting as fulltime employee took nearly a month and could really be shortened.

Interview Questions

• Questions were just the basic ones to gauge my interest in the job. It's a no brainer and really just an informal meeting with the boss and his boss.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always try to negotiate if you feel you stand out as a candidate. Do not ask for more than 10% though or you'll risk them balking and rescinding the offer. Besides, if you ask for more, there's a good chance your pay raise will be miniscule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Went an interview for a 6 months consultant position. Met the 2 team members first then the team manager. The 2 team members started with sharing with me the program they are working on and then jumped into the structure of their team directly including several names that this team will report to. Then the team manager joined to ask if I have any questions.

No specific questions about my skills or experience. They more cared about if the candidate can fit their team oriented working culture. Overall it was not difficult at all.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical process - someone from HR contacts you, schedules an initial interview to review your background then you meet with the group's manager

Interview Questions

• Depending on the group, you may need to take a computer test   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I received an email about a week after applying online stating that they wanted to schedule a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was simple and short seeing as she called late as well. She siomply asked what i was looking for and salary requirements. i was called for a face to face interview the next business day. i met with the head of department and a financial analyst. it was pretty basic as the head dept managaer was speaking practically the entire time since the moment we met. He spoke for about 20- 30 min then asked if i had any questions for him before i can manage to even say anthing for myself. He didnt even ask me questions until i after i spoke. After wards, i spoke with financial analyst and it was basically a short 10 min interview even though i was told that it 45 min with each person

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions at all. Typical random questions that they thought of at the moment   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Spoke with two team members on the phone and then met with five in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a talent acquisition manager about 10 days after applying for the position to set a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about a week later, where we discussed mainly my resume for about 20 minutes and we set a in person interview for 10 days after that. I did not hear back from the company for 2-3 weeks after, and the position was cancelled or never filled. I contacted the recruiter about it, and was told they needed someone with more experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty basic. More like a conversation where the interviewer asked me questions about my internships and courses I had done at college.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very seamless. Received an initial phone pre screen call by HR. Once I completed the prescreen moved on to the 2nd phase of a face to face, The face to face was with a senior manager and an additional manager located out of state which was conducted conference style over the phone. The senior manager that was physically at the interview would ask questions and the manager on the phone would ask questions... After the interview i received a call a few days later from the HR rep who offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Con-- Negotiation was not as well as others would not budge on offered salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Typical hiring and interview process. Applied online and received a preliminary phone screening. After this stage, in-person interviews. The interview questions were initially based off of the resume, followed by questions pertaining to personal skills.