AIG Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIG Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Interviews at AIG

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG (Des Moines, IA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewer did not seem to know the position offered, the salary, nor had he reviewed my resume prior to the interview.
I asked him if AIG cared for its people. He did not understand what I meant. I explained, "Does the company care about its staff. Do they see their employees as important to the success of the company?" He hesitated and then said, "No!"

Interview Questions

• Did you think Iowa State University was a hard college to attend and graduate from?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Interview was a bit challenging and did not focus on general questions instead it focus on real life scenarios. This was a bit of a challenge as I was not prepared but in the end it wasn't so bad.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The process began with an interview with a fairly quick and easy human resources person. About a week later I received a call for an in person interview which was scheduled for the following week. The second interview was followed by a third, done by teleconference, with a few different managers based in New York City. All of the interviewers were nice and there was a noticeable lack of "gotcha" questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your reserving philosophy was the question that threw me off the most. Other questions were pretty strictly focused on my relevent experience relating to the position. How many claims do you handle? How much authority do you have? How do you work with counsel? What is your favorite and least favorite part of the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AIG (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

Two interviewers and very friendly. They were very professional and asked multiple questions about experiences and desire to work in the industry. Very helpful in providing insight on the company and culture. Very easy going and glad that I had the experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about the company?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

The hiring process, from what I can remember, too a while. Most of the hang-up was due to the background check. Other than that, the interview process was rather painless. Thankfully, the company hasn't employed any of the torturous interview techniques I've heard of others using.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any. The interview was pretty casual.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. The company was agreeable to my terms.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

If they promise you something as a condition of your employment, get it in writing. Ask about workload, teamwork and advancement. Questions are generic to claims handling. Give elevator speech. Most hiring done thru committee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Met with the manager and then the supervisor came in too. It was a long and ardous talk and then a test.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

I was surprised to receive a phone call from AIG since I had applied around two months prior without hearing anything.

I was invited for a competency based interview so prepared for those types of questions.

When I arrived at the interview, I was told that as I did not have any experience in the role I had applied for, there would be no competency based questions. I never understood this explanation but didn’t question it.

I was simply asked to talk about myself and what my current role was.

Even if I had received an offer, I would have declined as I didn’t feel that the interviewer (who would have been my manager) came across well at all.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Croydon, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

2 interviewers. Set Questions for interview ( technical questions). Needed good overall knowledge of road traffic accidents practice and relevant civil procedure rules. Interviewers were professional and made me feel at ease during the whole process.