AIG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (College Station, TX).

Interview

There were two interviewers in two separate rooms. I interviewed with each 30 minutes. Very difficult to understand both interviewers, both had very strong Indian accents. Lots and lots of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had two conflicting important things happening at the same time. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest failure and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to admit something, and explain the ramifications of what happened.   Answer Question
    • What is your proudest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time, either academically or personally, where you used Excel/VBA.   Answer Question
    • Why AIG?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about AIG?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were in a group, and someone was slacking off. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Back to back meeting with VP, Senior VP, and all the other team members. The interview process is very smooth, everyone being friendly and keen to know about your personality and work experience. Behavioral, technical, and normal chit chat questions were all asked depending. Very straightforward and casual.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your strength? What is your weakness? How is your study progress?   Answer Question

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by HR and group interview by managers, entry level position. requires customer service skills in phone and in person. Requires data entry online and documenting work. To be flexible to work in various time zones.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible to work across Time zones from 6 am to 7 pm, questions related to customer service, answering phone calls, data entry and validation.   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on 12/6/16 and interviewed on 1/10/17. Never got a yes or no. Just a message stating that the manager is making the final recommendations. Still no update as of 2/15/17. Managers dont actually know if they want someone experienced or not.Very unprofessional

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail after applying through my school's Handshake website. I interviewed in Charlotte. There were three 30 minute interviews mostly behavioral questions. Each interviewer focused on something different - failures, problem-solving and strengths. Each interviewer was also relatively new and had only been at their current position maybe 3-5 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and what were the consequences?   Answer Question
    • What is an area that you feel you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

The total process took about 1 month. I interviewed at AIG(New York, NY) in October 2016. People in AIG are really nice and 80% of questions are typical behavior questions. It has been a really great experience. But do not think too much about their complimantary. Two of interviewers said they are impressed, but I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior questions with two simple tech questions about accounting and portfolio risk.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied online through my school's job board and got an invitation for a phone interview. It lasted about 30 minutes and they told me that I would hear if I got to the next step in the process within a week. I received an email the following week inviting me to a "super day" in Philadelphia. They paid for all transportation, and in my group there were about 5-6 of us. First there was a short ice breaking session where we got a presentation on the company and then talked to past interns about their experiences and got to ask them questions. Then I had two back to back one-on-one interviews, and that was it. Everyone was very nice and seemed like they wanted to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• In the phone interview, it was just like he wanted to get to know me. We mostly went over my resume and then I got to ask him questions. The in person interviews were more behavioral, but only one of my interviewers asked me the standard behavioral interview questions and wrote things down. The other interviewer and I had more of a conversation, but he seemed to talk way more than I did.   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX).

Interview

applied through website, got a phone interview in a short period of time. They asked me a few basic thing about me and the interview also included some behavioral questions.

Analyst Interview

Interview

It was fine. Went throught resume and followed some easy follow up questions about monte carlo simulation and limitation. The work puts heavy emphasis on machine learning and data analysis.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call notice of the interview 2 days prior, which I found to be very odd. But HR was very nice in helping me to schedule an interview time that fit into my schedule. On the day, we started off with an introduction panel so we get to know about the company a little better and network with some of their current employee. Then is the interview section, each person would get interview by three people and each 30 minus.

Interview Questions

• What is the one time that you get defeated but you didn't give up?   Answer Question