AIG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.8

271 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

I thought the job was great fit, but I took the phone interview, and unfortunately I could not understand a single question that I was asked due to the interviewer's accent. I felt bad making her repeat herself so many times. I definitely think these technical questions should be typed out. I'm sad to not have been given a reasonable shot at the position

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (Wilmington, DE) in August 2017.

Interview

Done with two department directors who were both very nice people. Had a follow up phone call the next week with another hiring manager who asked mostly the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in 3 years.   1 Answer

Strategic Innovation Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online in the beginning of July 2017 and got an invitation for a phone interview 4 weeks later. The interviewer was helpful and very personable, and focused on questions regarding my experiences and personalities. She responded a few days later saying that they've moved on to other interview candidates.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about AIG?
      Q: What specific roles do you play in your current position?   Answer Question

Senior Premium Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Slow, but efficient. The interview was not that difficult. I met with one person (a woman), the hiring manager. Despite having over 8 years of experience doing virtually the same job as the one I applied for, they went another route. They seemed very interested in hiring me until we met face to face.

I suspect that this company is geared to hiring less seasoned and younger, more impressionable employees.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between auditing with a carrier and a contract position?   Answer Question

Aviation Insuance Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I answered a job advertisement via Linked In. I was emailed a couple of weeks later, requesting a time for a phone interview. When I answered the email, an auto responder replied, stating that the HR rep was out of the office for a week. When I finally received a response, we set a definite time for the phone interview. I took the afternoon off from work to make sure that I was available for the interview. The time came and went with no phone call. Twenty minutes later, I received an email stating that the HR rep was sorry for missing the call and wanted to reschedule. Not having my work schedule with me, I replied that I would get back to her. When I was able to get a definite work schedule, I contacted the HR back and suggested that she email me on the morning of an available date and I would make myself available at her convenience any time that afternoon. The morning came and went, with no response. When I complained about the way in which I was treated, the HR managers informed me that the position was "filled." Something very sour is going on with this company. Maybe it was my age, race or some preconceived ideas - but, there should be NO reason to treat an applicant like this.

Interview Questions

• What time can you be available for a phone interview?   1 Answer

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I met the three managers in a row, who were very nice to talk to and demonstrate profession.
    They gave me a thorough background of what the team does and what they are looking for in a candidate. They also shared their working experience at the company and it showed me why they have come back to it even they once they left it for other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• how to deal with the situation when it's hard for you to get deliverable in time?   Answer Question

Licensing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (Amarillo, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process wasn't very professional. I was asked questions that don't pertain to the job. The body language was negative from one interviewer (too many facial expressions not needed). They don't take interviewing seriously.

Interview Questions

• When I was asked about potential growth and advancement within the company, one interviewer asked me, "what does that mean to you?"   Answer Question

Aviation Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I decided to apply for an open position after speaking with a classmate about how he broke into the aviation insurance industry with a job that he loves at AIG. A few days after I applied, an HR rep contacted me for a brief phone interview. I was told that I probably wouldn't get the job because they already had someone in mind. However, I was invited for a face-to-face interview with the opportunity to see if I would be a good candidate for future open positions since they are always looking to hire recent grads with aviation experience. I accepted the offer and had the face-to-face interview a few days later. I interviewed with the Vice President and Branch Manager. They were very friendly, personable, and were very in-depth about the aviation underwriting position, the division, and what they were looking for in a candidate. As expected, I did not get the position but the interview experience was enjoyable and great interview practice.

Claims Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Applied online. Received request for phone interview and then an in-person interview was scheduled. The process was organized and "corporate" as you might expect with a company like AIG.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through a series of phone interviews with 3 professionals. All were very nice, but unfortunately the position was located to far from my home. Working from home was discussed but probably a local candidate was hired.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding my accounting background.
      Would I accept a salary of x? Instead of asking what I earned.   Answer Question