AIG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.7

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through a series of phone interviews with 3 professionals. All were very nice, but unfortunately the position was located to far from my home. Working from home was discussed but probably a local candidate was hired.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding my accounting background.
      Would I accept a salary of x? Instead of asking what I earned.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

One round consisting of three interviews with two people per interview. All interviews were behavioral questions. Also asks about professional ambitions and why AIG. Heard back two weeks later.

Quality Assurance Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview reviewing technical expertise, follow up video conference as department management was in an office in a different state. Each interview was in-depth and comprehensive, both in evaluating my skills as well as answering any questions I had about the position or company.

Interview Questions

• How many other jurisdictions I had experience and my technical level for each.   1 Answer

Summer Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Woodland Hills, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through school website; got SuperDay invitation 1 month later; one week after attending SuperDay, I received offer at Woodland Hills office. I was informed that they only hire 5 or less actuarial intern at Woodland Hills office in 2015 and 2016. Need not to pass any actuarial tests. I did not take any SoA test, although my competitors all had passed 2-3 exams. The only thing you need to have is positive attitude and some related internship experience. Good luck!

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by in person. Interview was at the facility in North Houston and there were 2 directors present for the interview. They were both very easy to speak with and gave a great deal of information on the company and exactly for what they were looking.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager dominated the interview. I couldn't get much in about my experience. He basically said that he knew who he planned on hiring and it wasn't me. He knew all along his intentions was to hire someone else. Complete waste of my time.

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

good, mostly the same as all other process.
    there are three stages - phone with HR, phone with senior, on site interview.
    the process is very fast, and people are nice to talk with

Commercial Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly and was organized. After an introductory meeting, I met with three separate interviewers. Most questions they asked were surrounded around my resume. However, they did asked some circumstantial questions. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a decision based on two contradicting points of view.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Beginning with an initial technical phone interview with the hiring manager, follow up interviews with technical staff and finally a site visit along with an introduction to other leadership that I would be supporting and finally the usually background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What was my confidence level for managing the posted position   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Two aptitude rounds, two managerial rounds. The aptitude was easy, just basic speed, velocity questions along with verbal. One round with the manager. General questions about yourself, your skills on resume and a couple of probability questions. Last round with the higher official asking behavioral questions.