AIG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.7

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I met the three managers in a row, who were very nice to talk to and demonstrate profession.
    They gave me a thorough background of what the team does and what they are looking for in a candidate. They also shared their working experience at the company and it showed me why they have come back to it even they once they left it for other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• how to deal with the situation when it's hard for you to get deliverable in time?   Answer Question

Licensing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (Amarillo, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process wasn't very professional. I was asked questions that don't pertain to the job. The body language was negative from one interviewer (too many facial expressions not needed). They don't take interviewing seriously.

Interview Questions

• When I was asked about potential growth and advancement within the company, one interviewer asked me, "what does that mean to you?"   Answer Question

Aviation Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I decided to apply for an open position after speaking with a classmate about how he broke into the aviation insurance industry with a job that he loves at AIG. A few days after I applied, an HR rep contacted me for a brief phone interview. I was told that I probably wouldn't get the job because they already had someone in mind. However, I was invited for a face-to-face interview with the opportunity to see if I would be a good candidate for future open positions since they are always looking to hire recent grads with aviation experience. I accepted the offer and had the face-to-face interview a few days later. I interviewed with the Vice President and Branch Manager. They were very friendly, personable, and were very in-depth about the aviation underwriting position, the division, and what they were looking for in a candidate. As expected, I did not get the position but the interview experience was enjoyable and great interview practice.

Ops Processor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone interview 3 days later. The interview was great. The interviewer was very detailed about the position. The experience was good. I got an email for a internal interview. The hiring manager was made the interview go smooth considering I was nervous.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Great Company, Benefits. I learned alot from the people I worked with. Enjoyed working at AIG very much. Was there for over 10 years. Would have still been there if I didn't relocate to another state.

Claims Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Applied online. Received request for phone interview and then an in-person interview was scheduled. The process was organized and "corporate" as you might expect with a company like AIG.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through a series of phone interviews with 3 professionals. All were very nice, but unfortunately the position was located to far from my home. Working from home was discussed but probably a local candidate was hired.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding my accounting background.
      Would I accept a salary of x? Instead of asking what I earned.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

One round consisting of three interviews with two people per interview. All interviews were behavioral questions. Also asks about professional ambitions and why AIG. Heard back two weeks later.

Quality Assurance Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview reviewing technical expertise, follow up video conference as department management was in an office in a different state. Each interview was in-depth and comprehensive, both in evaluating my skills as well as answering any questions I had about the position or company.

Interview Questions

• How many other jurisdictions I had experience and my technical level for each.   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by in person. Interview was at the facility in North Houston and there were 2 directors present for the interview. They were both very easy to speak with and gave a great deal of information on the company and exactly for what they were looking.