AIG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIG Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.7

Commercial Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly and was organized. After an introductory meeting, I met with three separate interviewers. Most questions they asked were surrounded around my resume. However, they did asked some circumstantial questions. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a decision based on two contradicting points of view.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Two aptitude rounds, two managerial rounds. The aptitude was easy, just basic speed, velocity questions along with verbal. One round with the manager. General questions about yourself, your skills on resume and a couple of probability questions. Last round with the higher official asking behavioral questions.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Beginning with an initial technical phone interview with the hiring manager, follow up interviews with technical staff and finally a site visit along with an introduction to other leadership that I would be supporting and finally the usually background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What was my confidence level for managing the posted position   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

phone interview/in-person interview. they are professional and warm. pleasant phone interview

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a junior member of the team. Was not someone from HR. They were clearly new to the company and not experienced with interviewing. Asked typical behavioral questions like: tell me about a negative experience with a boss, giver me an example from you r past experience that demonstrated your leadership skills. Was not clear on the job description.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase revenue?   1 Answer

Safety Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AIG (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

An initial phone interview with HR, followed by another phone interview with the regional safety consultant a month later. A month later was the next interview which was in person. The interviewer admitted he didn't remember which candidate I was, so it was like interviewing all over again. 6 weeks went by and I didn't hear anything. I emailed HR and the position was filled internally. The process was four months. The interviewer cared more about the company size I worked at than the experience I had at the company. I feel my experience was discredited because I didn't work at a large corporation.

Interview Questions

• what is the company size of all of the jobs that you worked at?   Answer Question

Commercial Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Got in contact with Campus Recruiter through Employee Referral. After phone interview I was called and scheduled to come to a Superday at the Philadelphia Office to interview for the position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

There was a set of three different interviews by high management, one after the other, each lasting about fifteen minutes. Before that, there was a general presentation about the company discussing statistics, fun facts, achievements, culture, training, etc.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (College Station, TX).

Interview

There were two interviewers in two separate rooms. I interviewed with each 30 minutes. Very difficult to understand both interviewers, both had very strong Indian accents. Lots and lots of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had two conflicting important things happening at the same time. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest failure and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to admit something, and explain the ramifications of what happened.   Answer Question
    • What is your proudest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time, either academically or personally, where you used Excel/VBA.   Answer Question
    • Why AIG?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about AIG?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were in a group, and someone was slacking off. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, interviewer was very friendly. He was a fresh employee so we connected really fast. It was really casual and enjoyable. I got an email from them about a week later and I was invited to the New York Office.