AIG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.7

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview conducted by an associate working at AIG. The process was pretty long which took approximate 45 mins. The questions were pretty much about your resume and background and very specific. Some behavioral questions as well.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AIG (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiting manager from the company. We had a 30 mins first phone conversation, and then she sent me a link to complete online questionnaire. Based on your online answers, the company decide if you are a good fit to move forward to the next round. Then I was set up an in-person interview with the region manager. The interview was fairly easy. Then you had to take pre-license exam. Overall, it was an easy interview, but took a long time to process.

Interview Questions

• What make you think you are a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Empoyee referral, so bypassed the phone interview/screen and went in for a face-face. met with hiring manager and 2 team members via teleconference. went smoothly, and questions were not too hard

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX).

Interview

I am a senior in college. There were 3 on Site back to back interviews at their Houston Office. They were looking for people who take the initiative. You need to come across as the person who knows how to figure out things on their own (as well as a team player).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a quick decision?
      Why AIG?
      Tell me about a time where a team member was hard to work with? (worded something like that)
      Tell me about a MAJOR decision and was I happy with the outcome?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

63k starting salary non-negotiable, 24 days off, salary but overtime is time and a half

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail after applying through my school's Handshake website. I interviewed in Charlotte. There were three 30 minute interviews mostly behavioral questions. Each interviewer focused on something different - failures, problem-solving and strengths. Each interviewer was also relatively new and had only been at their current position maybe 3-5 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and what were the consequences?   Answer Question
    • What is an area that you feel you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

The total process took about 1 month. I interviewed at AIG(New York, NY) in October 2016. People in AIG are really nice and 80% of questions are typical behavior questions. It has been a really great experience. But do not think too much about their complimantary. Two of interviewers said they are impressed, but I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior questions with two simple tech questions about accounting and portfolio risk.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AIG (Berkeley Heights, NJ).

Interview

Three behavioral interviews which judge personality more than anything else. Met them in my school career fair and they contacted me after 3 days. Told me options and scheduled an interview for the following week. Really easy interview with behavioral only questions and no technical questions at all. At a deserted place in Berkeley heights, NJ. Got a call 2 days after and got offered a ton of money.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team and faced conflict?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about why you're passionate about technology?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied online through my school's job board and got an invitation for a phone interview. It lasted about 30 minutes and they told me that I would hear if I got to the next step in the process within a week. I received an email the following week inviting me to a "super day" in Philadelphia. They paid for all transportation, and in my group there were about 5-6 of us. First there was a short ice breaking session where we got a presentation on the company and then talked to past interns about their experiences and got to ask them questions. Then I had two back to back one-on-one interviews, and that was it. Everyone was very nice and seemed like they wanted to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• In the phone interview, it was just like he wanted to get to know me. We mostly went over my resume and then I got to ask him questions. The in person interviews were more behavioral, but only one of my interviewers asked me the standard behavioral interview questions and wrote things down. The other interviewer and I had more of a conversation, but he seemed to talk way more than I did.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It is an internal transfer so it takes less time than usual. I applied through internal job search platform and was contacted by HR for a first phone interview with the hiring manager. Then there were three rounds of on-site interviews with the hiring manager and her colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions for the first round, and case study questions for one of the second rounds. The questions are not particularly hard, although there is one creative question about my idea of developing a mobile app.   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX).

Interview

applied through website, got a phone interview in a short period of time. They asked me a few basic thing about me and the interview also included some behavioral questions.