AIG Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

202 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

There were about 30 different rounds of meeting with different people on the team I would eventually be working for. They had you go into a room where you waited for each person and each were very friendly and talked about their role in the team as well as what they expected your role to be.

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I met the three managers in a row, who were very nice to talk to and demonstrate profession.
    They gave me a thorough background of what the team does and what they are looking for in a candidate. They also shared their working experience at the company and it showed me why they have come back to it even they once they left it for other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• how to deal with the situation when it's hard for you to get deliverable in time?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Great Company, Benefits. I learned alot from the people I worked with. Enjoyed working at AIG very much. Was there for over 10 years. Would have still been there if I didn't relocate to another state.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through a series of phone interviews with 3 professionals. All were very nice, but unfortunately the position was located to far from my home. Working from home was discussed but probably a local candidate was hired.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding my accounting background.
      Would I accept a salary of x? Instead of asking what I earned.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager dominated the interview. I couldn't get much in about my experience. He basically said that he knew who he planned on hiring and it wasn't me. He knew all along his intentions was to hire someone else. Complete waste of my time.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a junior member of the team. Was not someone from HR. They were clearly new to the company and not experienced with interviewing. Asked typical behavioral questions like: tell me about a negative experience with a boss, giver me an example from you r past experience that demonstrated your leadership skills. Was not clear on the job description.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase revenue?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, interviewer was very friendly. He was a fresh employee so we connected really fast. It was really casual and enjoyable. I got an email from them about a week later and I was invited to the New York Office.

Commercial Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied though campus job board and got an interview within a week. Two 30-minute interviews. Recruiters are nice and friendly. Most of questions are basic behavioral questions. But some technical questions are very hard to answer.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

There was first an easy phone interview - all behavioral. Then there was a super-day with three 30 min interviews. Interviewers differed greatly from one another - none of them worked in human resources. Some interviewers were friendly, one was rude, and one left the interview 10 minutes into it because she had a meeting.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I will never work for AIG based on the interview experience I had. It started very unprofessional. I received an email about 4 months after I applied telling me to go to “Superday” in two day. It was a very generic email with no personalization and they didn’t even ask me my availabilities. This seemed very out of the blue as I didn’t even get a phone call or anything before the email I received at 1am on a Monday night. The interview took place on the Thursday. It started out good, with a presentation led by the HR. Then we were sent to the Analytics floor. Here we were had 2 one-on-one interviews and 1 two-on-one interviews. The first interview was okay, she asked me a basic probability question and went over my resume. The second interview was awful. It was two interviews and me. As soon as I entered the room they said “How much would you buy a tree for?” Of course I was totally caught off guard. Then they told me to try and write something down. After struggling to solve this problem for 10 min, they were smiling and laughing at the fact I couldn’t figure it out. After that they “quizzed” me on classes I took Freshman year, it was like they expected that I was already an actuary. They were laughing at me every time I couldn’t get an answer correct. After the longest 30 minutes of my life, of these two 20-something year olds laughing and judging me, I just wanted to go home. The two interviewers seemed like they ruled the world and tried to find every question they could to make sure I didn’t have an answer. On the verge of tears, I went the third interviewer. At this point I was so done with the day. The interviewer seemed to be nice, but had that “oh she’s not going to do well here”-smirk on his face the whole time. I just tried to be confident, and he concluded with the hard question of “name THREE of weaknesses”. In conclusion, because of this interview I have reconsidered my career choices as I do not want to be a part of a department that judges people for their lack of intellect. I am grateful that this interview happened before I graduated and was able to tell that I was not meant to be an actuary.

Interview Questions

• How much would you buy a tree for?
      Financial derivatives questions   Answer Question