AIG Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

189 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

They had an SAT question as part of the screening and expected you to talk through your answer without even giving you time to think. It seemed a bit arrogant to me that they would do that to someone who is an internal transfer and is valued by all current managers with great recommendations! Very narrow minded process

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a very brief interview. Lasted about 20 minutes. Mostly general questions about why I wanted to work for AIG and not in legal field. No gotchya questions at all.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to choose to work in claims versus litigation?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

There were about 30 different rounds of meeting with different people on the team I would eventually be working for. They had you go into a room where you waited for each person and each were very friendly and talked about their role in the team as well as what they expected your role to be.

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I met the three managers in a row, who were very nice to talk to and demonstrate profession.
    They gave me a thorough background of what the team does and what they are looking for in a candidate. They also shared their working experience at the company and it showed me why they have come back to it even they once they left it for other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• how to deal with the situation when it's hard for you to get deliverable in time?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Great Company, Benefits. I learned alot from the people I worked with. Enjoyed working at AIG very much. Was there for over 10 years. Would have still been there if I didn't relocate to another state.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through a series of phone interviews with 3 professionals. All were very nice, but unfortunately the position was located to far from my home. Working from home was discussed but probably a local candidate was hired.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding my accounting background.
      Would I accept a salary of x? Instead of asking what I earned.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager dominated the interview. I couldn't get much in about my experience. He basically said that he knew who he planned on hiring and it wasn't me. He knew all along his intentions was to hire someone else. Complete waste of my time.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a junior member of the team. Was not someone from HR. They were clearly new to the company and not experienced with interviewing. Asked typical behavioral questions like: tell me about a negative experience with a boss, giver me an example from you r past experience that demonstrated your leadership skills. Was not clear on the job description.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase revenue?   1 Answer

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Two back to back interviews, great people, very relaxed. A few technical questions, but both interviews felt like a well-flowing conversation. One went over my resume briefly, asking typical questions. The other was more traditional behavioral questions and some situational "what would you do if.." type of questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, interviewer was very friendly. He was a fresh employee so we connected really fast. It was really casual and enjoyable. I got an email from them about a week later and I was invited to the New York Office.