AIG Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIG Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at AIG

2.8

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting website in December. Phone interview in January. In early February I was invited to New York for a Super Day. 3, 30 minute interviews at their New York office. All behavioral questions with people from the HR Department. Nothing surprising.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed (but had to come up with three different times)   Answer Question

Negotiation

None--summer internship

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Via university career website.
    i had 2 back to back interviews. Both the interviews were behavioral. I was asked to give my opinions over some situations.
    That's it!

Interview Questions

• What will you do if one of your team mates is not working properly, and the deadline is near, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

3 interview in total. 2 phone interviews by a director and a senior analyst from the Houston office. Behavioral questions, went through my resume. Not too challenging but do search on the company's website for current news, especially the ones associated with the office that you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? What do you know about our office?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

It was a big surprise for me too but I only interviewed one round and got the job. It might because of that happened on campus and they took my school as a reference.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical behavioral interview Qs but they were expecting some different answers. Nothing classic..   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview Process consisted of 1 30 minute on campus interview. Questions were very standard and I was given an offer within 2 weeks of interview. Easy process, fairly laid back

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. I was given 2 weeks to make my decision

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewer are late for 15 minutes and so the interview only took less than 20 minutes. The interview were all technical problems focus on machine learning.The interviewer is rude and he said their team took more than 80% work on communication with other departments. It's weird for a data science team taking so much time on arguing with others.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Behavioral Interview with 3 rounds. First phone screen and 3 rounds on site. Stress interview with rapid fire questions to test your technical and behavioral skills. Don't panic. Answer with calm mind. they just check how do you perform under stress and if you can think clearly. Prein pare for behavioral round. Thats most important aspect revruiters evaluate you on, as technically candidates are trained but not behaviorally.

Interview Questions

• What are our strengths and weaknesses? How do you deal with challenging people? Stress interview with rapid fire questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

There was only one round of interviews. 1 30- minute session with 4 typical behavioral questions and the rest of the questions were based on your resume. It was a friendly interview and very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time when you were in a difficult situation but you handled it well?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Was abroad and interviewed for NY office. First round phone interview was a 30-minute phone behavioral interview. Second round was 3 30-minute back to back phone interviews. Everybody asked basically the same questions in slightly different ways.

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral questions. Time you had trouble working in a group, experience working in a group etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a good experience. I applied and received an email inviting me to on-site interviews. There was a networking event the night prior to interviews. The day of interviews, I had 3 different interviews with different underwriting managers at AIG. After interviews, I had to rank the different departments that interviewed me, which is how they pair interns with managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. A lot of behavioral questions. Describing difficult situations, working with difficult individuals, etc.   Answer Question