AIG Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIG Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at AIG

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

a bunch of random questions regarding your resume
a list of behavioral questions that is given by the HR
interviewed with 4 or 5 people in the group
everyone is very nice

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They invited me in Houston where I was interviewed by 3 different person in one day. They asked me about myself, and where would i like to work if i was selected.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Greensboro, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was very smooth and easy. I applied via careers portal of AIG. Was contacted by the recruiter for initial screening. Had two onsite interviews at the potential location. Expenses incurred during this were reimbursed by the HR department.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions to make sure that you are a good fit for the company and its work culture. Was asked about mistakes made in previous work experience.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG in January 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for an open interview day. It was a casual interview one on one. He told me about aig and what he did. Then within 10 minutes asked me to share my questions as time was limited to 30minutes. After the interview was complete he said he would definitely suggest me to the hiring board. After the interview the recruiter emailed and called ensuring that everything went great and I received positive feedback and to expect good news in the coming days. 5 weeks later, no call or email from AIG. This to me is just classless.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

In other words, you must have completed all of the other steps in the hiring process in order to get the most out of the interview process. Interviewing candidates for a position within your company is one of the final steps in the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy, as I was able to get through the application process without a phone screen. The Super day interview was very easy, and mainly focused on qualitative questions about myself and the insurance industry.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call to come to their interview day which consisted of 3 one-on-one interviews that lasted around 30 minutes. Each interviewer had a different set of questions.

Interview Questions

• If your boss left the country and left you with a pile of work you didn't know how to do, what would you do?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied for Commercial Underwriting. I sent my application online, received an invite to an automatic video interview, and then attended an assessment centre. The AC (about 12 people were there) involved two one-to-one interviewers with managers of whichever commercial underwriting department/subsidiaries of AIG, followed by a group exercise.

Overall I was really happy with my experience. Very talented candidates and friendly team. It was highly structured (snacks, coffee too) and very interesting. Both my interviewers were industry experts, and it felt like more of an assessment of character/whether you fit in with their team rather than your knowledge of the role. Standard competency questions, but both interviews had just as much informal chatter where you built rapport with them on a personal level. No 'trick' questions.

I believe that your CV may be passed amongst the department interviewers before arriving, and you are allocated two interviewers based on who has taken a preference to your profile/suitability for the role. There was about 6 interviewers in total, who then all watched the group exercise (split into groups of 4 to calculate the financial, infrastructural, political risks of a certain project, and to make a judgement as a group). This was a five minute presentation between the four of you followed by a Q&A by panel.

Your fate is decided within a week, whereby they will call you either way. I was left with a really good impression of the company, and would certainly try again. I appreciate the courtesy of telling candidates they were not first choice/rejected via a phone call, followed by some honest and constructive feedback which is rare from big organisations (they are normally generic and careful with their words).

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AIG (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Got assessment centre few months later, without phone interview or online test before the final round. The assessment day took an entire day, with an introduction given by the managers first. Then there were group exercise, some excel and word test and interview. Spent the entire day with the actuarial team and found them very helpful and kind. Sadly didn't get an offer in the end.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2018.

Interview

There were 3 stages of interviews . The first stage was with HR, second stage with the hiring manager and the third with the head of department. All of the interviews were quite easy and straight forward. They were more concerned with you being a good fit for the company rather than your skills.