AIG Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIG Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at AIG

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through school career website, got invited to super day few day after. The interview was just basic behavioral questions but I didn't get the offer. I wonder how could they pick the right people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was all Behavioral Questions with 15 mins of interviews with 3 different managers, nothing technical, just basic scenarios of what you would do and talking about yourself. The managers were very nice and engaging

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Mainly behavioral questions like “Tell me about a time...” set of three interviews, each 30 minutes. Relaxed environment. Started with a presentation from current analysts, then they set you off in a room to be interviewed by three different people

Interview Questions

• Describe a time a team mate had a conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Very simple and easy. All behavioral questions. Nothing out of the blue. The interview was a total of 30 min. This was broken up into two 15 min interviews with two separate interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (College Station, TX).

Interview

There were two interviewers in two separate rooms. I interviewed with each 30 minutes. Very difficult to understand both interviewers, both had very strong Indian accents. Lots and lots of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had two conflicting important things happening at the same time. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest failure and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to admit something, and explain the ramifications of what happened.   Answer Question
    • What is your proudest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time, either academically or personally, where you used Excel/VBA.   Answer Question
    • Why AIG?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about AIG?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were in a group, and someone was slacking off. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

3 one on one interview. 30 mins each. Mostly behavioral questions. But, one 30 minutes session full of Network and Software Engineering based question. Prepare more for the behavioral questions that would be helpful in the interviews. And get enough rest the day before.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail after applying through my school's Handshake website. I interviewed in Charlotte. There were three 30 minute interviews mostly behavioral questions. Each interviewer focused on something different - failures, problem-solving and strengths. Each interviewer was also relatively new and had only been at their current position maybe 3-5 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and what were the consequences?   Answer Question
    • What is an area that you feel you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX).

Interview

I am a senior in college. There were 3 on Site back to back interviews at their Houston Office. They were looking for people who take the initiative. You need to come across as the person who knows how to figure out things on their own (as well as a team player).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a quick decision?
      Why AIG?
      Tell me about a time where a team member was hard to work with? (worded something like that)
      Tell me about a MAJOR decision and was I happy with the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

63k starting salary non-negotiable, 24 days off, salary but overtime is time and a half

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Recruited through my campus' job site as well as through AIG's campus job site.
    Recruited at the AIG booth at my college career fair but didn't hear any response.
    4-6 weeks later, I received a call for a final interview in the Houston office with 3 back-to-back-to-back interviews with mid/high-level managers (competing against 2 other applicants).
    After interviewing, I was told i would receive a call a week later but actually got my congrats call in 2 days!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced adversity with one of your peers and how did you solve the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The entire hiring process was just a resume screen and one face-to-face interview which lasted about an hour. Despite the fact that it was a technical role I was applying for, the questions were purely behavioral. I scheduled the interview about a month in advance due to the Christmas holidays. I had the interview on a Friday in early January and received an offer the following Tuesday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not negotiate pay, or at least that's what I was told.