AIG Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIG Underwriter Interview Questions

Interviews at AIG

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia Main Post Office, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Philadelphia Main Post Office, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

HR spoke with me for about a half an hour then I had an interview with the hiring manager within a week or two. HR person scheduled two candidates for the interview at the same time; then could not be reached - had left for vacation, I guess. Luckily I arrived early and was greeted with - "You were supposed to be here at ____." Not a great way to kick off a meeting with the person you'd hoped you'd be working for! Rushed me through a 20 minute interview. Never heard back. Hiring manager was great - would have loved to have had more time to interview. Would have appreciated a call back after I let HR know how the interview went.

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview lasted three hours. I met with 6 people. Typically, they break it down into two days, but since I was traveling from out of state, they condensed it into one day.

Interview Questions

• A king sent 10 of his servants out to buy him each 10 gold rings. Each ring should weigh 10 grams, and altogether there should be 100 gold rings.

One of the King's spies told him that one servant had cheated and had brought 10 rings each of 9 grams instead of the desired 10 grams. Unfortunately, the spy hadn't been able to recognize the face of the servant, so that the king was left wondering which of the servants had stolen his money.

In order to discover the unfaithful servant, the king used a digital balance but only once.

How could he do that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AIG (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and one in person interview
    Met with two different people in the department
    Corresponded with campus recruiter through email
    Everyone very helpful and pleasant
    Research AIG before going to interview (impresses interviewers) and know the role of underwriter in the process
    Received offer same day as interview-quick to respond

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Behavioral Interview - First Round, a recruiter interviewed me in person for 30 minutes. The questions he asked were pretty common. This was the first step for the interview process and I didn't make it forward to the following steps. However, overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Introduce yourself
      2. Your leadership experience
      3. How did you overcome obstacles
      4. Your weakness
      5. Why AIG   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Interviews were spaced out and they kept shifting me to different types of insurance. Id interview for commercial auto insurance, and then HR would send me to talk to someone about a travel insurance position. Neither of these were related to the area that I had originally applied for. In the end, I was not given any job offers

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to navigate a situation with very little information.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Phone call with employee in the group. Much more of a conversation than question answer back and forth. Conversation flowed well talking about the market and where prices etc. were headed.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Had face-to-face interviews with two managers. One was very professional and friendly. The other seemed agitated and implied that though he had the final decision, he was deferring the first manager's decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and invited to a on campus interview. The interviewer is nice and mainly focus on your resume. They ask a lot about the internship experience that I had and some general behavior questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I came in for a round robin/super day type of interview for a bunch of different groups. I had applied online months earlier and randomly got a call back. The process was slow. The background check was painfully slow and I had a particularly difficult HR person to deal with which made the process even more unpleasant. I've met some other nice HR people over the course of my time here so I don't want to generalize the department.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. It was more about assessing personality and if I knew the basics of the industry.   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG in April 2016.

Interview

I applied via my school's career website and was informed that I was selected to attend a superday, which consisted of a series of half hour interviews. Each had 4 or 5 behavioral questions, and then there was a period where I could as questions. All of the interviewers were very nice, but seemed bored with the list of behavioral questions they were required to ask. I didn't really get that great of a sense of what I'd be doing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed at something. What is your organization system like?   Answer Question