AIG Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIG Underwriter Interview Questions

2.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AIG (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and one in person interview
Met with two different people in the department
Corresponded with campus recruiter through email
Everyone very helpful and pleasant
Research AIG before going to interview (impresses interviewers) and know the role of underwriter in the process
Received offer same day as interview-quick to respond

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and invited to a on campus interview. The interviewer is nice and mainly focus on your resume. They ask a lot about the internship experience that I had and some general behavior questions.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG in April 2016.

Interview

I applied via my school's career website and was informed that I was selected to attend a superday, which consisted of a series of half hour interviews. Each had 4 or 5 behavioral questions, and then there was a period where I could as questions. All of the interviewers were very nice, but seemed bored with the list of behavioral questions they were required to ask. I didn't really get that great of a sense of what I'd be doing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed at something. What is your organization system like?   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. I met with somebody at the university and a couple months later they flew me up to Atlanta to meet with their Aerospace division manager for an interview. He was very relaxed and approached the interview as a personal meeting rather than a professional inquiry.

Interview Questions

• They asked many technical questions about aviation and aerospace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia Main Post Office, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Philadelphia Main Post Office, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

HR spoke with me for about a half an hour then I had an interview with the hiring manager within a week or two. HR person scheduled two candidates for the interview at the same time; then could not be reached - had left for vacation, I guess. Luckily I arrived early and was greeted with - "You were supposed to be here at ____." Not a great way to kick off a meeting with the person you'd hoped you'd be working for! Rushed me through a 20 minute interview. Never heard back. Hiring manager was great - would have loved to have had more time to interview. Would have appreciated a call back after I let HR know how the interview went.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Phone call with employee in the group. Much more of a conversation than question answer back and forth. Conversation flowed well talking about the market and where prices etc. were headed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Behavioral Interview - First Round, a recruiter interviewed me in person for 30 minutes. The questions he asked were pretty common. This was the first step for the interview process and I didn't make it forward to the following steps. However, overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Introduce yourself
      2. Your leadership experience
      3. How did you overcome obstacles
      4. Your weakness
      5. Why AIG   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Exploratory interview over the phone and a trip to NYC for a full day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I came in for a round robin/super day type of interview for a bunch of different groups. I had applied online months earlier and randomly got a call back. The process was slow. The background check was painfully slow and I had a particularly difficult HR person to deal with which made the process even more unpleasant. I've met some other nice HR people over the course of my time here so I don't want to generalize the department.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. It was more about assessing personality and if I knew the basics of the industry.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard Interview, assessed current skills, network base, career goals