AIG Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIG Underwriter Interview Questions

Interviews at AIG

2.7

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG in April 2016.

Interview

I applied via my school's career website and was informed that I was selected to attend a superday, which consisted of a series of half hour interviews. Each had 4 or 5 behavioral questions, and then there was a period where I could as questions. All of the interviewers were very nice, but seemed bored with the list of behavioral questions they were required to ask. I didn't really get that great of a sense of what I'd be doing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed at something. What is your organization system like?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a friend directly to the hiring manager. He called me, we had a brief conversation, and later that week a recruiter called me to set up an interview day. I met with HR recruiter first, she thought I was there for a different job that was open, which led to some confusion, but then she just asked me some simple questions about my experience and sent me on to meet the team.

I met with all 6 people, for about 30 minutes each, and it was largely conversational. They had good reference to my abilities, so they were clearly just making sure I was a good fit for the team.

I got a call the day after from the HR recruiter and she said everything went well and they would be extending me an offer, everything just needed to be approved. 2 weeks passed and I followed up and she said HR was finalizing the paperwork. Another week passed I called her back, and she said they were just finishing up internal interviews and would make a decision soon. ?!?! Directly in contrast to what she had told me previously. It was a roller coaster! Ultimately the offer came through and it was what I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were 100% behavioral and conversational. There were no challenging questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. The hiring manager had asked me for my salary requirements and they were right in the salary range. They offered, I accepted.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AIG in October 2011.

Interview

I had an inside referral who walked my resume to H.R. I initially was called in to have an interview with H.R. and another Regional Manager in a different department. I then interviewed with the hiring manager. This took several months as there was not an opening at that time but they queued me to slide in when one opened up.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any of the typical HR type questions about weaknesses or strengths it was more conversational.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had two other offers, they met that offer and their benefits are much better.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Exploratory interview over the phone and a trip to NYC for a full day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard Interview, assessed current skills, network base, career goals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on campus and then a final round in New York.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work in a group where you had to deal with a difficult teammate.   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. I met with somebody at the university and a couple months later they flew me up to Atlanta to meet with their Aerospace division manager for an interview. He was very relaxed and approached the interview as a personal meeting rather than a professional inquiry.

Interview Questions

• They asked many technical questions about aviation and aerospace.   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online after speaking to a group that visited my university. After a few e-mail interactions I met with three groups of employees with 2-3 in each group where they all asked about my resume and what I did.

Interview Questions

• When was a time your experienced change, and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

They call you for an interview after viewing your application on their website. Interview is either on phone or in person, depending upon your location. It is conducted by HR and the relevant Manager and if need be, they call you for second or third interview as well with the Operations GM.

Interview Questions

• They asked normal questions like why do i think i'm fit for the role etc   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a good process. The interviewer was very nice and ask relevant question and let me time to answer them. The interview lasted 45 minutes. One thing I wanted to mention is the question were really thoughfull in the sense that they covered many aspects of life and job

Interview Questions

• Questions relevant to the job and general questions   1 Answer