AIG Underwriting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIG Underwriting Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at AIG

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on 12/6/16 and interviewed on 1/10/17. Never got a yes or no. Just a message stating that the manager is making the final recommendations. Still no update as of 2/15/17. Managers dont actually know if they want someone experienced or not.Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The process took about 4 weeks and consisted of a phone interview and a super day interview in their New York office. The interview was with 3 different employees, all at different levels. It was straight forward; a lot of behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to make a tough decision in a group   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

I had an interview at the NYC Career Connection then did not hear from them a month. Then I was invited to a superday in the NYC office - they had about 30 other people interviewing that day. You go through 3 interviews back to back that are 30 minutes each. I interviewed with the President of one underwriting department, a VP of the Northeast division, and then an underwriter manager. Some of them are just conversations and some ask you more specific questions like why underwriting, why AIG, tell me about a time when you worked in a team, what are your weaknesses. Very basic questions, you just have to keep the momentum going since the interviews are back to back. The only negative to my experience is that they never got back to me. I kept trying to follow up with them for two months and finally they told me they were moving on with someone else. But they are a huge company and will just forget about you and not respond to you.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG in November 2013.

Interview

You go through a phone interview first, then you go to a half day of interviews. I have heard this is different for some people but, they usually do a panel from multiple different lines and then each one pick there #1 candidate.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how you handle adversity in group projects. This is a common thing, that each interview even the phone interview will ask.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Very straightforward. Applied online and got a call from their HR recruiter about a week later. SHe set up a face to face interview for me the following week. I interviewed with three people on the same day, got an offer about a week later. Mostly straightforward/behavioral questions, nothing too challenging or difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

I spoke to them at first through our school's career fair. They were very nice and welcoming. I was invited to an on-campus interview afterwards. It was your typical half hour behavioral interview. Once we got through the questions, he started having a conversation with me by asking me about myself, hobbies, classes, etc. Basically to get to know me, my personality, and if I am someone he would want to work with. I was then invited to their super day. You interview with two or three different lines and they ask you the same type of behavioral questions. Very relaxed and conversational. Great people there that want to take care of you. Make sure you tell them during your first interview which lines you are most interested in.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were basic behavioral questions. Just practice and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was an internship.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AIG (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through College/University, First round was a Standard Aptitude test, some tough questions covering all sections (Surprisingly No Quants) and ending with a crucial Essay type situational based question, After that Second round HR Interview in their office, and after that Final Technical Interview

Interview Questions

• You are the CEO of a company and your profits just rose from $150 Million to $ 200 Million, how much is the % increase?   2 Answers
    • Imagine a Rubix cube, if i cut the cube 2 times Horizontally and 2 times vertically, how many cubes do i have?   2 Answers
    • Who is the current Commerce minister?   1 Answer

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Since I joined as fresher through campus placement it was not too tough.Interviewers were really good and had a nice conversation.Except for few questions on my Education domain almost everything turned into my hobbies.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG in June 2018.

Interview

I applied through my campus job portal. The interview was held in the corporate office boardroom where I was interviewed by 2 senior underwriters. The interview was comprised of mostly behavioural questions followed by 1 technical. The interview was not intimidating whatsoever and the interviewers were very friendly and open to any questions that I had about the corporation.