AK Steel Holding Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AK Steel Holding Corporation (Middletown, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Several interviews about your previous experience, usually with different people that are and aren't a part of your department you're applying for. Are you willing to give your life to AK

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends, off shift and keep people safe all the time?   Answer Question

Labor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Follansbee, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AK Steel Holding Corporation (Follansbee, WV) in June 2013.

Interview

Not bad ,silly questions, some questions didn't make much sense, had worked there prior so don't understand why I had to interview again but they still have to do the same thing as a new employees. Ok

Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at AK Steel Holding Corporation (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

They will ask you for an interview and if you lucky enough, you will do anther interview which what happen with me. In fact, I got asked for one more phone interview. All of that happen in like a month of waiting and three weeks after waiting they send me an email saying we are sorry we found another guy. That was just great was to wast my time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AK Steel Holding Corporation (Middletown, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Had one 30 minute phone interview. Was called back a few days later for an on-site interview with both HR and Department Manager.

First interview was personality based, fairly generic and what you would expect of any first round Human Resources interview.

Second interview was more specific to find out if you could contribute to the department and give them what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Manager gave a specific project he was interested in pursuing that required skills way outside of that department's function and asked how I would be able to contribute.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Intern pay is based on class standing.

Treasury Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AK Steel Holding Corporation (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. They required an application to be filled out before they would proceed. Heard back about a week later that they wanted me to in for a face to face. Met with three people at the same time, & the interview lasted about an hour. Very friendly environment & interview.

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AK Steel Holding Corporation (Dearborn, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through Starler Recruiting. Working with this group was a pleasure. I was then passed to AK Steel's HR department. At this point, I was set up on a tour and interview at the mill. I initially had to pay for my trip, but I will be reimbursed for it. All of the workers at the mill were very personable. The job interview did run a little longer than expected.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Butler, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AK Steel Holding Corporation (Butler, PA) in August 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, followed shortly after by a face to face interview with HR and then 2 supervisors, and a tour of the mill.
    Another interview was set up in person with the Department Manager. Was offered the job about a week later. Roughly 6 weeks from phone interview to final interview.
    Everyone I met was extremely nice and made me feel comfortable. Cannot honestly say one bad thing about the interviews or tours.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AK Steel Holding Corporation (Middletown, OH).

Interview

Interview was in a group setting at the time. Now it's like your sitting in a jury box,only your the one on trial. Puts you through a series of testing. Then they decide, if you pass you shod be okay for a job. If you dont, you cannot aply for another year.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AK Steel Holding Corporation (Middletown, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Typical hiring process asking about history and some of your knowledge about the plant also a skills test assessment to make sure you meet the requirements with a physical and drug test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations union job going by seniority

Labor Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AK Steel Holding Corporation (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Phone interview with HR rep and then on site with with legal, HR, and benefits rep. Fairly straightforward process. Didn't click with the team; not the right culture for me personally.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Butler, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AK Steel Holding Corporation (Butler, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Request for interview was made. Met at main gate day of interview. HR escorted to "interview room." Interviewed with two salary managers as well as an HR representative. If interview went well, a department tour will happen if you're interested.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how your previous experience would help you here.   Answer Question