AKUNA CAPITAL Quantitative Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AKUNA CAPITAL Quantitative Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at AKUNA CAPITAL

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their website and got through to a programming round. It had 6 questions in Python with 2 coding questions and the others were multiple choice questions. One of the questions was purely Finance based and needed more than my CS background. The test was hosted on Hackerrank and had a time limit of 2 hours. Within a week, I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AKUNA CAPITAL

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

After my resume was reviewed, I was sent a HackerRank challenge with six questions in three hours. These were to be answered using Python or C++. The problems were of increasing difficulty. The concepts I needed to know included stdin read, prime factorization, unbiased estimation of σ, matrix rotation, dice reroll expected value, and nested postfix-infix conversion.

A phone screen was later arranged.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with numerical programming?   Answer Question
    • What are the names and algorithms of some sorting techniques?   Answer Question
    • What is the probability of an integer from 1 to 60,000 not having the digit 6?   5 Answers
    • How would you implement streaming median?   1 Answer
    • What is the complexity of a heap insert?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

After application I was asked to complete task in hackerrank. It consist of 4 question for 2hr.
    Some questions are related to basic coding experience. Others are analytical thinking. I think I was not efficient on time. I could have done better if prepared well.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given array find median of elements that are less than given number k. k exist in the array
      2. Find number of polindrome dates (MMDDYYYY) in century (ex 1000-9999).
      3. You are given an array of numbers (old trades) with label (good, bad). Predict label for the new array. I spent a lot of time thinking about it, but it seems very simple question. Solved with simple approach got 4/5 test cases.
      4. Given a grid with 0s -1s and 1. You can walk on 0s only and try to reach 1s. Print if you can reach or not. I think related to path finding algorithm.
      Hope this will be helpful to someone else.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview had 3 steps, online test, phone interview and onsite. phone interview is in common way, they will ask a brainstorm question. Onsite interview took one day. two tech interview, one HR interview, and you would do a small project and give presentation in the afternoon

Interview Questions

• Questions about probability, statistical model, algorithm on white board   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. First round is online assessment containing 4 questions in python (2 hours). Second round is 30 minutes phone interview asking questions about past experiences with data analysis, python numpy and pandas and some brain teasers.

Quantitative Developer Interview

Interview

The first round is the Hackerrank Coding Test. 4 questions. 1 easy, 1 medium, 2 hard. It was a 2 hour process. Overall, I feel that the time was less for the questions.

Interview Questions

• Matrix rotation, design order book, find median of subarray   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I took a python test (Quant #3). I got question #2,3,4 correct, but one of the test cases of question one didn't pass. I might have misunderstood the input data. Right now i believe akuna is reviewing my code and I'm waiting for their response.

Interview Questions

• 1. input: (array, k), find median of the subarray which includes numbers smaller than or equal to k . 2. matrix rotation 3. orderbook 4. parsing words.   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL.

Interview

First round is a online test for basic coding skills. My test is based on Python. Questions include data scaling and sorting. Pretty basic one.

The second round could be in the form of phone interview or on spot interview.

Interview Questions

• How to search and construct a certain type of data out of data base?   1 Answer

Quantitative Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL.

Interview

The Interview Process is initial Hackkerrank challenge. The Hackerrank is a pretty stupid platform and as everyone knows they don't have good challenging questions. They just try to stump you by giving inputs that go from int to long and stuff like that.

Clearly the Interview process is too biased and unfair. I was replied that our developers look at the solutions themselves and they didn't like it. If the developers have time to go through the solutions of all the candidates who write tests, I don't think the company has enough work going on. Nobody has such ridiculous amount of free time to browse solutions of all the candidates who appeared. Sad

Interview Questions

• 1. Rotate a matrix anti-clockwise (matrix can be rectangle too)
      2. Given a sorted array, find the median of the subarray with values greater than or equal to k
      3. Given lines, count all words and alpha characters
      4. Design an orderbook   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and then got an Online Assessment, which includes 4 questions in 120 min.
    These questions include find the longest possible sequence to pack, and rotate a matrix counter clockwise....
    Be rejected two days after I submit the OA.

Interview Questions

• Rotate a matrix counter-clockwise   1 Answer