AKUNA CAPITAL Quantitative Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

It was an online development skills test only in Python. There were 3 questions to be answered within 120 minutes and the test expired a week after the email. The questions are not very hard, most of them are basic.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AKUNA CAPITAL

Quantitative Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL in March 2017.

Interview

The first round was a hakerrank problem. Four python questions were. Moderate difficulty. Questions were like matrix rotation, recursion etc. I was 2 hours test. There were also several test cases that needed to be satisfied.

Quantitative Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL.

Interview

The Interview Process is initial Hackkerrank challenge. The Hackerrank is a pretty stupid platform and as everyone knows they don't have good challenging questions. They just try to stump you by giving inputs that go from int to long and stuff like that.

Clearly the Interview process is too biased and unfair. I was replied that our developers look at the solutions themselves and they didn't like it. If the developers have time to go through the solutions of all the candidates who write tests, I don't think the company has enough work going on. Nobody has such ridiculous amount of free time to browse solutions of all the candidates who appeared. Sad

Interview Questions

• 1. Rotate a matrix anti-clockwise (matrix can be rectangle too)
      2. Given a sorted array, find the median of the subarray with values greater than or equal to k
      3. Given lines, count all words and alpha characters
      4. Design an orderbook   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

Interview

The first round is the Hackerrank Coding Test. 4 questions. 1 easy, 1 medium, 2 hard. It was a 2 hour process. Overall, I feel that the time was less for the questions.

Interview Questions

• Matrix rotation, design order book, find median of subarray   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL.

Interview

First round is a online test for basic coding skills. My test is based on Python. Questions include data scaling and sorting. Pretty basic one.

The second round could be in the form of phone interview or on spot interview.

Interview Questions

• How to search and construct a certain type of data out of data base?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I took a python test (Quant #3). I got question #2,3,4 correct, but one of the test cases of question one didn't pass. I might have misunderstood the input data. Right now i believe akuna is reviewing my code and I'm waiting for their response.

Interview Questions

• 1. input: (array, k), find median of the subarray which includes numbers smaller than or equal to k . 2. matrix rotation 3. orderbook 4. parsing words.   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. First round is online assessment containing 4 questions in python (2 hours). Second round is 30 minutes phone interview asking questions about past experiences with data analysis, python numpy and pandas and some brain teasers.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

After application I was asked to complete task in hackerrank. It consist of 4 question for 2hr.
    Some questions are related to basic coding experience. Others are analytical thinking. I think I was not efficient on time. I could have done better if prepared well.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given array find median of elements that are less than given number k. k exist in the array
      2. Find number of polindrome dates (MMDDYYYY) in century (ex 1000-9999).
      3. You are given an array of numbers (old trades) with label (good, bad). Predict label for the new array. I spent a lot of time thinking about it, but it seems very simple question. Solved with simple approach got 4/5 test cases.
      4. Given a grid with 0s -1s and 1. You can walk on 0s only and try to reach 1s. Print if you can reach or not. I think related to path finding algorithm.
      Hope this will be helpful to someone else.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and then got an Online Assessment, which includes 4 questions in 120 min.
    These questions include find the longest possible sequence to pack, and rotate a matrix counter clockwise....
    Be rejected two days after I submit the OA.

Interview Questions

• Rotate a matrix counter-clockwise   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AKUNA CAPITAL (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process first involves completing a coding challenge through HackerRank. The coding challenge involved solving 4 problems within a 2-3 hour period. If you pass the coding challenge, a phone or in person interview is scheduled.