ALCO Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALCO Stores Interview Questions

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALCO Stores.

Interview

Very simple if you have retail experience. I've never heard about ALCO before. Got a call from talent acquisition managers. She was very positive. I was very positive. District Manager was very positive.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ALCO Stores.

Interview

Interviewed by phone with HR rep then in person by DM.

Negotiation

Given range of salary and advised DM i would expect to be at top end of pay range

Retail Associate Interview

Interview

The hiring process is in person and need to dressed in pants and the interview process are in two steps.

Interview Questions

• I was ask an personal questions at the interview at the time.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ALCO Stores (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Passion for learning operations was recognized and then I was promoted in to this role. Had to manage 100+ stores in their day to day activity. Roll out SOP's and liaise between corporate and field stores.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself. Why are you a good fit for this role? What can you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Inventory Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALCO Stores in March 2013.

Interview

Why do you want to work for us.How can you maximize growth.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most difficult problem you have had to deal with, how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chino Valley, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALCO Stores (Chino Valley, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

it was fast and easy and the manager didn't ask very many questions, he asked about 10 questions and said come in the next week and fill out the paperwork and i started that next week.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ALCO Stores in June 2011.

Interview

Took well over three months after offer was made to start. First I interviewed with a recruiter on the phone twice, than a face to face with the District Manager. Than had an interview with the COO.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were asked to perform a task that was not ethical?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My recruiter handled this process for me, we set a dollar amount and it was met.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hazen, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALCO Stores (Hazen, ND) in March 2010.

Interview

I had to fill out three different applications because two were lost. Interview was alright, but she was very harsh in terms of schedule that I had

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how I planned to better the Alco store. I didn't. I just needed a job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took the job, needed money. huge mistake

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wickenburg, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALCO Stores (Wickenburg, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

Apply Online at alcostores.com. It's one interview where the store manager asks questions from a checklist. It's maybe 15 minutes long. Then they have you complete a 5 page assessment test. Then they run a background check. If you pass, they call you and offer you a job. They were very open to questions and quite friendly. The time between when they called me in for the interview until my first day of work was 10 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The manager's hands are tied as far as pay is concerned. Everyone starts at the same rate. I was able to negotiate a good schedule for myself.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALCO Stores in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview by talent recruting manager from corporate office which lasted about 30 minutes. She was very upbeat and positive. Very detailed in what job consisted of as well as benefites and expectations. Followed by an interview by the nearest District Manager which lasted about an hour or so. Typical questions about past work experience and how you handle certain situations which is pretty typical in a retail management interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of when you hear providing excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I had a certain range in mind and they offered right in the middle. Research what the pay range is and decide what your personal thresh hold is. I was offered 45k a yr during training phase and it would go up to 46.5k after training. I think you could probably get closer to 50 with some upfront negotiation.