ALDI Aldi District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALDI Aldi District Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2016

3.2

Aldi District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Very basic behavioral interview. First round interview was 30 min basically getting to know you and your resume a little better. Final round interview was at a regional division and takes up most of the day. Again the interviews there were two 30 min behavioral interviews. Very stress-free interviews and more of a conversation than an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why did you apply for this internship? What experience have you had that can help you for this job? What makes you more qualified than other candidates?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Aldi District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Interview on campus following a informational meeting the night before. The interview was about 30 minutes long. Questions asked were behavioral and situational questions. The next steps following the campus interview is an interview at a diversion near you or one that they are interviewing for. I recommend reviewing your resume and come up with answers that will be used when asked situational questions if you were to become a district manager. Also, the more adaptable to different locations the better chance you have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Who are the top three most influential people in your life? Why?   1 Answer
    • What was the hardest decision you have had to make in your life so far and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university and received a First round interview which consisted of questions regarding my resume and behavioral questions. I then received a Second round interview which was held at their headquarters which consisted of three 30 minute interviews with an essay and a tour of the warehouse and store. The second round was very relaxed and situational questions. I will be doing the Third round interview in a couple of days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (College Station, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I was recruited at my University. There was a dinner and then a very short interview the next day. The man kept it very short and seemed to be on a time limit. The interview was scheduled for 20 minutes but it only look 12. He only asked about 5 questions and they were all about my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Springfield, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Their was a pre-night event with dinner and a presentation. Then the 1st round of the interview process was on campus, very easy basic questions and was 1:1. The 2nd round consisted of multiple interviews and a tour of both the warehouse and a store. You also went out to lunch with the interviewers and had to write an essay on why you wanted to work for ALDI.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Iowa City, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

After the career fair, they contacted me about an interview and pre-interview dinner. The dinner was nice and informative. Answered most questions. The interview the next day was short and asked questions that didn't really give me a chance to show them who I am. It was very rushed and I could tell they were just looking for specific answers that I apparently wasn't giving.

Interview Questions

• Describe your how you show leadership in the activities you do on campus.   Answer Question
    • What would your family say is your biggest weakness/What would your previous employers say is you could work on?   Answer Question
    • Why ALDI?   Answer Question
    • Why should I choose you over other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Oak Creek, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Spoke with the company representatives a bit at the local university career fair. They told me to sign up for an interview on the University career site. The interview was scheduled to be 35 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

After DM interning at Aldi, I decided to pursue career as a DM. I ended up having 15 interviews in total in 3 different divisions. I was told numerous times "we want to hire you, but think you'd be better suited for x division." After being flown all around the country numerous times, the last interview VP told me that my GPA was a 2.998 and they required a 3.0 and that he too wanted to offer me a job but didn't feel comfortable "taking a chance on me because my GPA was a hurdle." He said I could potentially have an interview with someone in the corporate office to plead my case of why I should be hired, but after 15 interviews and talking to 20+ members of divisional management, I decided it really wasn't as great a company as the brochures make it out to be. Pay would have been great. I studied leadership and love the responsibility of the job, but in so many conversations, I realized that employees really are not cared about at this company. Bizarre process, indecisive, would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• From your research and knowledge, what would you change about Aldi?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw an employee steal a piece of gum from the shelf.   1 Answer
    • Are you smart enough to work at Aldi? (My GPA was .002 less than the requirement.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haines City, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Haines City, FL).

Interview

Very lengthy interview process, applied through college recruiter and traveled to distribution center in which I participated in five 45 minute interviews back to back and then a tour of the distribution center

Interview Questions

• All behavioral interview questions... Explain a time when you disagreed with a coworker and what did you do, tell me about yourself, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Very nice people. Made you attend the pre snack "dinner" if invited from the career expo. After the pre dinner you had interview the next day. The interview was nothing to challenging beyond the normal interview questions. I personally felt that I had a great interview and I was beyond qualified, however I did not get asked back for a 2nd and 3rd interview nor did a classmate/friend of mine that applied for the internship. I am completely confused as to why they did not chose to move forward to me. From my understanding they are extremely picky. However after a close friend of the family was able to speak directly with a DM employee, from what I hear you are OVERWORKED beyond measure. even if the pay seems good initially, If your store performance is doing bad they give you the boot. Glad it wasn't meant to be!

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what you would do if you saw a rotten orange in one the boxes in the produce department.   1 Answer