ALDI Area Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

3.4

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI in July 2009.

Interview

I met the company during a university recruiting event. They were lookin for mainly graduates only and you could easily tell. I went to the interview next day and spoke with the director of operations that hired the people. I came back for an on site interview with a group of people and they took us out to lunch and met with several different people throughout the day. Very long day.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to being the boss of a 45 year old store manager?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Bolton, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

It's a relatively long process. I started my application in March 2017, I attended the assessment centre in September 2017.

The first stages are relatively straightforward, application, psychometric tests and video interview. I thought the tests were relatively easy compared to other graduate schemes out there.

At the assessment centre you will usually be one of six, however, in my instance there was only three of us, the other three did not seem to turn up. There were two female assessors, both very friendly and accomodating. The day comprised of short introduction (name, a bit about your studies/work and favourite Aldi product) and then first tast requires all candidates to read through applications for a job role and choose the candidate that you think best matches this. You then have 2 minutes each to present your choice and then 20 minutes to confer and choose one out of all of them between all of you. You will then present this as a group to the assesor who plays the role of a managing director and will ask some challenging questions.

The second task is the presentation from your store walk which you are asked to complete before the interview. As there were only three of us I do not know what all of the topics were but the topics that we got assigned were staff, customer behaviour and specialbuys. You have 10 minutes to prepare and 3 minutes to present. They will then ask a few questions afterwards.

The real challenge is actually finding the place, especially if you travel via public transport. They also do not refund travel costs, so it can be quite an expensive trip to make - especially if you do not pass this stage.

Interview Questions

• After my presentation (my topic was specialbuys) what days do they change.   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Croydon, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The store walk involved what it said on the tin, a walk around the store, but that was coupled with a set of questions about the store business model and what issues might occur which prevent the company from doing certain things or what things they were thinking of put in place. This store walk lasted about 15 mins and was then followed by a mini interview with the area manager

Interview Questions

• What makes you perfect for the role?   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then they asked for online interview, I assume everybody actually ask for online interview, that video interview. It asked 3 questions, each question 2 minutes to answer

Interview Questions

• What will you do as a leader? More towards this kind of questions, and how you deal with the difficult situation?   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied a couple of years ago... Easy application - just a CV. Straight to group interview... Very little time to display competencies. Mainly taken up by the MD ranting about how difficult the scheme is. Just one person interviewing. I feel like more could have been put into the interview process to allow candidates to prove themselves.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atherstone, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Atherstone, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, completed situational judgement questions, passed and was then sent psychometric tests. These were challenging but not too hard. After this came the online interview. As others have said, this involved 10 questions which you are given 30 seconds to read and then 30-120 seconds to record your answer to. It is worth preparing and rehearsing your answers to these just so that you are clear and coherent on the day. The questions were:
    1) Why Aldi?
    2) Introduce yourself
    3) Tell us something interesting you found out about ALDI?
    4) Why are you suited to the role?
    5)What's your favourite ALDI product?
    6) Give an example of a time you've set high standards for yourself
    7) Tell us something you're proud of
    8) Give an example of a time you have set high standards for yourself
    9) Give an example of a time you've had to be ambitious for yourself

I can't remember the last one but this list prepare you well.

After this I was invited to an assessment day where I gave a presentation on one aspect of my ALDI store walk, I was given customer behaviour and I was prepared for this because I had made notes on: customer behaviour, special buys, PR and marketing, till systems, instore adverts and product range.

We then worked as a group on a recruitment task.

I was then offered a final MD interview 3 days later. The whole process has taken 5 months so far.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think ALDI has become more popular in the last 10 years?   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online using an online application form where I had to answer a question about a situation I had to lead from the front and the outcome of my action.

Recorded video interview with 3 questions. It is focused on your past experiences. Still waiting to see if I got through to the next stage.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Bolton, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Aldi spent a long time to reply at every stage in the process. But I got to the assessment centre and travelled to Bolton. To be fair, I've read some people had rude interview experiences but we had a HR person who was good at putting everyone at ease. Everyone on the AC was very cooperative and nice throughout the day. However, I thought it was a shame that aldi didn't pay travel expenses (especially as their centres are all in Bolton) and that you don't get feedback after the application.
    They haven't changed the CV's (as far as I can tell from previous reviews!) in years and I had the same topics of presentation as everyone on here!

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Group interview stage:

First you introduce yourself and then you talk about a specific aldi product that you like and why.

Then there is a group task in which you all have to deciding the best employee to head a project from a selection with personality and career reviews.

Finally you have to present your speech on a topic you are allocated by the interviewer.
    The hardest bit is the questions that they ask you on your presentation.

Interview Questions

• What did you notice about the outside of the store you visited?   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wirral, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Wirral, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The whole process has been incredibly positive for me. It started with a lengthy online application followed by situational judgement tests. A few days after completing this I was asked to take some maths tests which were difficult but not impossible and I didn't do any preparation prior to doing these texts. Then I was invited to do a one-way video interview which took around 5-10 mins to complete. This included questions such as: 1) Which region have you applied to? 2) Why Aldi? 3) What have you found out about Aldi in your research? 4) Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 5) Describe a set-back you have faced and how you overcame it. Can't remember any more but you get the gist.
    I was then invited to attend an assessment day. When I say day it was around 2 hours. There were 7 candidates in total. We were first asked by a very friendly interviewer to briefly introduce ourselves and describe our favourite Aldi product. This was followed by a group exercise where we had a few mins to review some CVs alone, choose one and individually present it to the group. The aim is to agree together on one candidate so try and persuade them to choose yours, even if its the wrong one in the end. I found that I was a bit quiet during this exercise and there were a couple of people who took over the discussion but I just tried to make sure I was involved without shouting over anyone, was often hard to get a word in edgeways. After this we had to do a 3 min presentation on a random topic. I had found out 6 of the topics beforehand on Glassdoor and had prepared a presentation about each one, I also took in notes in a smart black folder which was allowed. All of these topics came up in the interview however I was given a new topic I hadn't read about before and so hadn't prepared but I improvised and it was fine. The topics are: Staff, Customer Behaviour, Special Buys, Product Range, Store Layout, Till Systems and PR Marketing & Instore Advertisements. You are then asked a couple of questions about what you've presented. We then got the chance to ask our own questions and then we left. All in all this was a good day, well structured, interviewers were lovely.
    Around 3 weeks later I was invited to a final interviewer with the Regional Managing Director. This consisted mainly of questions about myself, my personal life, my upbringing, my hobbies, my degree etc, with a couple of competency based questions. MD was very friendly and put me at ease.
    One week later I received an offer via phone :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your life from 0 to 22?   2 Answers