ALDI Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 4, 2018

2.8

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

Interview

I attended a "Career Fair" for a new Aldi store that is opening. It was one woman with stacks of applications and a laptop in the room. She has a script she was going through for each person who turned in the application.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Akron, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Received a call for a meet and greet from a Store Manager. Took myself and a small group of potential candidates for a tour of the store, then conducted individual interviews (mine was about 30 mins). Got a call later that day to set up a second interview with the district manager. After the second interview, that district manager passed my application along to another district manager, whom then contacted me for a third interview. After my third interview, I was contacted by the first district manager to set up a fourth interview with the Director of Operations. With my limited availability (considering I still have a full time job), the process took 5 weeks. I felt that the process was a bit much and a little overwhelming. The last three interviews were all very similar, there were a lot of overlapping questions and a lot of me explaining my work history and background. To not be offered the job after all the time I dedicated would be one reason I wouldn't recommend this job. Very uncertain what they might have been looking for, considering I felt over qualified and was willing to take a pay cut to work for them. I am a petite female, I was questioned many times on my ability to lift 40lbs and keep up with the work load, maybe I didn't sell myself well enough with my responses to those questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Kansas City, KS) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through Indeed, called me less than 10 minutes later and interviewed the following week. I lived 4.5 hours away so he wanted to make sure I understood the job role before I drove down to meet in person. He emphasized it was a job involving a lot of hard work and I would need to be available for shifts from 6am-9pm every day.

Interview was at a store and took 45 minutes. He started with my resume asking me where I worked from this year to this year and I had to explain where and what I did. He explained this is a new position for the company (made in the last 30 days) and there was not a raise structure in place but could be in the future. Benefits are touted as amazing here. I turned down the job offer simply for one that paid a little better but with much better hours.

Interview Questions

• If you had an employee who the last 30 days was not doing their job correctly, how would you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It is best to go to a job fair that they r holding. The district managers r there they r the ones that do the hiring. You usually have the first interview with them then the second will be with a store manager. If both of those go well you will get a call back to do drug test and background check. After all that if you get a call back ur in.

Interview Questions

• I cant say any question in particular. Just be yourself and tell the truth.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI in September 2009.

Interview

A one off with district manager. Job was posted as a career day event. turned out they were just taking applications. Did get a call for an interview. Basic questions, why do you want to work, how would supervisor discribe your work. What are your strengths, likes and dislikes about current job.

Interview Questions

• Why willing to take pay cut   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Cleveland, OH) in June 2009.

Interview

Be yourself be on time the questions are simple. Customer service is number one always. They will ask about past jobs and give an example of a time where you displayed great customer service.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI in May 2007.

Interview

The DM said throughout the interview that since he gets over 500 apps a day, 1000s on-line résumé’s: that company hires the best candidate. Most of the questions were your standard interview questions. Thinking that because I'm a seasoned manager for over 18 years that I was a sure in: boy was I wrong. It seems to be that he wanted you to talk about how much you can do: rather than what you have done. One of the questions was, why do you want to work for the company. Maybe just being honest and saying’ “the money” is what he wanted to hear. I don’t know?

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Application form, video interview, group assessment, store experience and last of all a final interview with the operations director. The process is long and drawn out, just to get to the group assesment it took 7 weeks. Attended the group assessment, a ridiculous way of trying to show off your skills around 30 other candidates who are going for the same role! I gave up after this part of the process as have heard horror stories from current staff around working conditions, hours and treatment. The money may be good, but wont be great when your dead! Best decision ever that I made to avoid this company. Im happy in a position that allows me to have a social life

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

The interview itself is fine. The stages to get there are a bit much to be honest. The recruitment process needs to be looked at. Be aware they will interview in a friendly but professional manner. Body language is important. Work history, family background, work ability etc.
    The new system of recruitment from what I hear really doesn't work well. They will lose out on good candidates with the process as is now.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Horrific, they make you go through a ridiculous amount of stages. for being a company focused on efficiency they sure do drag it out. After 3 months and going through 4 stages of interviews, my rejection came through the form of generic email. For a company that supposedly cares about people, I would have thought the least they could do, seeing as I invested 3 months trying to impress them is have the decency to ring me and tell me in person. After all they had no problem ringing me to tell me I was not allowed a beard if successful! All in all one of the worst interviews and processes I have ever seen!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aldi   1 Answer