ALDI Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Kansas City, KS) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through Indeed, called me less than 10 minutes later and interviewed the following week. I lived 4.5 hours away so he wanted to make sure I understood the job role before I drove down to meet in person. He emphasized it was a job involving a lot of hard work and I would need to be available for shifts from 6am-9pm every day.

Interview was at a store and took 45 minutes. He started with my resume asking me where I worked from this year to this year and I had to explain where and what I did. He explained this is a new position for the company (made in the last 30 days) and there was not a raise structure in place but could be in the future. Benefits are touted as amazing here. I turned down the job offer simply for one that paid a little better but with much better hours.

Interview Questions

• If you had an employee who the last 30 days was not doing their job correctly, how would you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It is best to go to a job fair that they r holding. The district managers r there they r the ones that do the hiring. You usually have the first interview with them then the second will be with a store manager. If both of those go well you will get a call back to do drug test and background check. After all that if you get a call back ur in.

Interview Questions

• I cant say any question in particular. Just be yourself and tell the truth.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI in September 2009.

Interview

A one off with district manager. Job was posted as a career day event. turned out they were just taking applications. Did get a call for an interview. Basic questions, why do you want to work, how would supervisor discribe your work. What are your strengths, likes and dislikes about current job.

Interview Questions

• Why willing to take pay cut   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Cleveland, OH) in June 2009.

Interview

Be yourself be on time the questions are simple. Customer service is number one always. They will ask about past jobs and give an example of a time where you displayed great customer service.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI in May 2007.

Interview

The DM said throughout the interview that since he gets over 500 apps a day, 1000s on-line résumé’s: that company hires the best candidate. Most of the questions were your standard interview questions. Thinking that because I'm a seasoned manager for over 18 years that I was a sure in: boy was I wrong. It seems to be that he wanted you to talk about how much you can do: rather than what you have done. One of the questions was, why do you want to work for the company. Maybe just being honest and saying’ “the money” is what he wanted to hear. I don’t know?

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

The interview itself is fine. The stages to get there are a bit much to be honest. The recruitment process needs to be looked at. Be aware they will interview in a friendly but professional manner. Body language is important. Work history, family background, work ability etc.
    The new system of recruitment from what I hear really doesn't work well. They will lose out on good candidates with the process as is now.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Horrific, they make you go through a ridiculous amount of stages. for being a company focused on efficiency they sure do drag it out. After 3 months and going through 4 stages of interviews, my rejection came through the form of generic email. For a company that supposedly cares about people, I would have thought the least they could do, seeing as I invested 3 months trying to impress them is have the decency to ring me and tell me in person. After all they had no problem ringing me to tell me I was not allowed a beard if successful! All in all one of the worst interviews and processes I have ever seen!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aldi   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Bolton, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Director was very uninterested and displayed closed body language.

Online application with some scenario based questions - too many to remember.
    Video Interview: Quite stressful, dress up smart, make sure you have good lighting and a good angle (director commented on the angle of my camera when I met him - told him i had no desk or table in my house. Questions: 1. Introduce myself (10 seconds). 2. Why I want to work for Aldi (30 seconds).
    I can't remember questions 3, 4 & 5.
    6. Provide an example of a time that you managed a team to deliver a high standard of work (60 seconds). 7. How did you ensure that the team was on track to deliver? (30 seconds). I can't remember questions 8 & 9.

Phone Interview:

Basic questions about my flexibility, able to drive etc.
    Where I work now.
    Why I want to work for Aldi.
    Time when I've worked efficiently.
    What I know about the business model.
    What I know about the working culture and management structure.
    There was a few other questions. I just dropped in facts and figures about Aldi.

Individual Interview: - 30-45 mins

This was with an operations director. He really put me at ease and it was very relaxed, he didn't grill me and just said the aim of the interview is to get to know me and my experiences.

1. Briefly about myself - I just glossed over the last couple of years, he was keen to know why I left my last job, where I was currently working and my notice period.

2. Give examples of when I've had to plan and work efficiently at short notice

3. Example of leading a team successfully.

He asked some follow up questions about what I would do if one of my team was being difficult and the success of my actions and the outcome.

Scenario question. I got to choose a number between 1 and 4 and he gave me a scenario. Mine was about finishing my shift and there was still a lot of work to do. - what would I do?

5 minute maths test. Super easy, no calculator allowed, he timed it. Just basic adding and subtracting, calculating percentages (super easy) and just looking at graphs and tables to figure out the month with the highest revenue etc. with a couple of adding and subtracting.
    I finished well within the time limit and I always panic when it comes to maths.

3 minute presentation on my store visit (you get an email before your interview to say what you need to present.

Was told theres a few more people to be interview and either we all get the job, or none of us. Or we all or some of us go into a talent pool which means they want you but there are no positions as they have now been filled internally, but I would find out in a few days by email.

Overall it was the best interview I've ever had and Aldi and this director are a credit! Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

HOWEVER the Director whilst nice, was very uninterested from the start, it was as if he had already filled the position, his body language was very closed, he was biting his nails as if he was bored, it was pretty unprofessional and not very courteous.
    I received an email declining me and it said due to the volume of applicants they couldn't provide feedback, even though the director told me there was only 6 people including myself that were interviewing for the position.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of when I've had to plan and work efficiently at short notice   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Liverpool, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The first section of the interview process is very long there were alot of question which almost made it off putting to apply for, then there was a maths test as well as competency based questions

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Completed an application with questions and Assessments. Was offerred an initial phone interview, this lasted about 30 minutes, answered questions in relation to managemnet style, why I want to work for Aldi etc.

Never heard back from them, even a thanks but no thanks. Was told later by Aldi that they dont hiew people to manage a role unless they have worked that exact role.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview, why do you want to work for Aldi and your management style   Answer Question