ALDI Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALDI Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It is best to go to a job fair that they r holding. The district managers r there they r the ones that do the hiring. You usually have the first interview with them then the second will be with a store manager. If both of those go well you will get a call back to do drug test and background check. After all that if you get a call back ur in.

Interview Questions

• I cant say any question in particular. Just be yourself and tell the truth.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI in September 2009.

Interview

A one off with district manager. Job was posted as a career day event. turned out they were just taking applications. Did get a call for an interview. Basic questions, why do you want to work, how would supervisor discribe your work. What are your strengths, likes and dislikes about current job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Cleveland, OH) in June 2009.

Interview

Be yourself be on time the questions are simple. Customer service is number one always. They will ask about past jobs and give an example of a time where you displayed great customer service.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI in May 2007.

Interview

The DM said throughout the interview that since he gets over 500 apps a day, 1000s on-line résumé’s: that company hires the best candidate. Most of the questions were your standard interview questions. Thinking that because I'm a seasoned manager for over 18 years that I was a sure in: boy was I wrong. It seems to be that he wanted you to talk about how much you can do: rather than what you have done. One of the questions was, why do you want to work for the company. Maybe just being honest and saying’ “the money” is what he wanted to hear. I don’t know?

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online and through their Local Shop Manager who said he would forward to District Manager for Vacancy in Greystones. Got cofirmation email from online application and was told by manager that I would be interviewed soon! When I came in a couple if weeks later I was told they rang and got no answer but they do not leave messages...I had no missed calls so someine was lying...my advice is just get your staff to tell the truth and not lead on their customers! This went on for months, everytime I saw the manager instore he said I should gear soon or I missed their call!
    Now I shop elsewhere as it's embarrassing and I'm glad I didn't get the call!

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I firstly applied online, which was a general application form. Then I had a video interview, which took around 20-30 minutes. The questions are displayed on screen and you have 30 seconds to prepare and 30 seconds - 1 minute to answer. The questions I remember were along the lines of, 1. Tell me about yourself, where you're from etc 2. What do you know about Aldi's working culture? 3. Why do you want to work for Aldi? 4.When have you had to lead a team and what was the outcome? 5.What is your management experience? 6. What is your management style?
    Telephone interview concentrated more on the actual job role and your management style. This is where I messed up a bit, I think they really want you to know the job description and requirements inside and out. Questions were along the lines of, 1. Why do you want to work for Aldi? 2)What daily tasks do you think your job will involve? 3.What do you think is expected in this job role? 4.How do you lead, motivate and develop your team? 5. When have you had to plan and lead a task and how did you deal with any stresses/what was the outcome/why was it successful? 6.Again, Aldi's working ethic/culture... blah blah blah. They basically want you to know the job description really well for the telephone interview (which I didn't look at much) and really focus on job criteria like targets and KPI's (which I didn't, lol!) and maybe relate this to prior experiences.
    After this stage, it's supposed to then lead to a 1-1 interview, didn't get that far. But it may be a good thing as the hours do seem too harsh!!

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Filled in online application then invited to online interview which about 20min very short time to answer questions just finished the telephone interview about same time almost a repeat of the same question all the time process is taking too long still waiting for face to face interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about aldi management system and what about aldi appeals to you and there biggest focus and a situation where you worked under pressure and why you want to work for them and a personal experience you had with them   Answer Question