ALDI Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.7

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Lawrenceville, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Brought Application with me - down loaded from website. There were no chairs for you to sit down, if you wanted to fill-out the application there. 5 Interview Questions - I was told - will call you in a week!

MIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through an in-store career fair; lasted just a minute. this was more or less just an application collection. The same day I received a call back for a second interview (group interview)about 10 days from the initial, this was the entire applicant pool from associates and shift managers to manager trainees; this one lasted less than an hour including a store tour. I received another call to meet with the store manager for an interview. Upon completion of this interview I received another call back to meet with the DM; this was approx 40 minutes and upon completion I was told my application would be passed along to the regional director and if they deemed fit I would have a call back by the end of the week. Three days later i received the call back for an interview at the corporate office. total time between initial career fair and interview w/regional director 50+ days

Interview Questions

• what was the most physically demanding job you've held?   1 Answer
    • during the group interview they asked what makes their stores different   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Woodstock, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Job Fair in Woodstock - You only need to bring your completed application and resume in person. The GM or DM will ask a few questions and let you know if selected you will be contacted within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose Aldi to apply with?   1 Answer
    • Do you know if hired as a store manager you will be required to relocate within a 4 hour radius?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hiram, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Hiram, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in-person. Attended a hiring event and turn in an application to hiring manager. The gay told me that they are not hiring shift managers for two of the stores which close by where I live. But they will hire in a few months. Even though usually they promote people from associate which already working there. I said okay I can start as a cushier.

Interview Questions

• Do you know that you will have to lift up to 45 pounds?   1 Answer
    • What do you like in ALDI? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Fayetteville, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Bring your resume and expect to stand up and do a paper application. It an open interview which everyone get to listen to. The interview will last you about a minute to 8min. Very short questions and basics . For example why do you want to work for Aldi's? Are you looking for full-time or part-time?Which location do you want to work?

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Norcross, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I attended a job fair where I had my resume and application already printed, however they provide the application on site. I had a two minute interview and was never called. I tried a second time with the same skills and got a call back for a group interview. The group interview was a tour and quick group questions like "why Aldi?". If you make it out the bunch they text the next day to set up an interview with a store mgr. the store mgr interview is typical, your strengths, and about your past experience. If the store mgr wants you at the store the district mgr will call to set up another interview with you within two days. The district mgr interview will give you a chance to tell about yourself and set up the drug test/ background check... You basically have the job before you enter the district mgr interview they just want to get the other steps handled. Long process, but worth it.

Interview Questions

• Job fair has no deep questions besides why Aldi?   Answer Question
    • The group interview you should study the store online and impress them with comments during the tour instead of questions   Answer Question
    • The store interview is your typical interview. Tell me about past jobs? Why Aldi? Are you prepared for Aldis work load?   Answer Question
    • District manager wants to be casual and feel your personality. How would you handle the line being backed up, but a customer needing help finding an item and you're the only one on the floor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job fair seems laid back, however they really want the first impression to be well dressed and have a good resume because they only speak to you for two minutes and don't ask much but tell a lot

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

2 interviews. First one was a group interview with the store manager and district manager in training (there were 2 other candidates). Second was with the district manager.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Went to the hiring event that was advertised. My recommendation is to have the employment application typed up by using adobe or any PDF editor. This shows preparation and make sure you dressed business casual. I went to the hiring event and there was a huge line, there was only one person accepting applications and it was the district manager. When I was called, I was asked about employment history and why I want to work for Aldi. My suggestion is that to explain them briefly, if you have retail experience I would say how many years, as this caught the district manager's attention for me. He informed me that they will call if interested. Five days passed and I received a group text from him wanting to setup a group interview with six others. Keep this in mind, that a group interview does NOT MEAN you are favored to be hired in as the Process has four steps which are: Hiring Event, Group Interview, Store Manager Interview and a final interview with the District Manager. At the group interview, they showed us around the store and how typical operations work. He also quizzed us on several things that are common sense, so if you want to get notice I recommend speaking up! Towards the end he ask us individually about employment history, attributes that you have and why we want to work for Aldi. Make sure you are sound in you answers as they have a grading sheet that will determine your eligibility for hire. After that he told us that if they were interested that they will call us. I got a call two hours later from him stating about setting a Store manager interview the next day, and he also followed up on the group interview. At the Store Manager interview I saw pretty much the same people from the group interview. Once in the interview the manger asked us about the group interview and he told us about general expectations of a Aldi employee. I recommend giving he/she your resume and answer and ask any questions you have. KEEP THIS IN MIND, that the store manager is also grading on your responses! The store manger also told me that if interested they would call back. So I receive a call back for the FINAL interview with the District Manger, ""If you reach this stage, you are pretty much in"""!! However I did not see two others from the group interview, which means that only four of us were hired for my location!! Overall only four of us out off 300 hundred potential candidates were hired. Finally the District manager told me that EVERYONE has to started at the bottom, so pretty much if you applied for shift manger, store manager trainee your are going to start off as an associate. Meh!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What was one of the physical jobs you had?
      Why did you want to work for ALDI?
      What are your personal attributes?
      If you were a car, what car would you be?   2 Answers

Application

Interview

I went to a hiring event that was hosted by Aldi. Aldi does most of their hiring through “hiring events”. I went to my local Aldi where they were hiring for three locations, so the turnout was high. Aldi goes through four phases of hiring which are: “The hiring event”, “Group interview”, “Interview with the store manager”, and finally a “Final interview with the District Manager”. Yes, the process is very long, as the company is making sure they are finding the right folks. The District manager does the hiring only, not the store manager in this case. So my experience was very lack luster as I advanced to each phase, however found it very interesting. So I went to the hiring event where they were accepting only the applications and then was asked brief questions such as: Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work for Aldi? I recommend before the event that you edit the PDF employment application so it looks like you are prepared. Treat the employment application as if it was your resume! Most candidates were hand writing their information, which made me cringe! Also dress business casual and tuck that shirt in! Doesn’t have to be a fancy suit. When I was called upon, I gave my application and answered those questions, he then told me that if they were Interested that they will call me. So I waited and waited and eventually got a “group text” from him which I found weird. It stated that I was invited to a group interview with six others to the store that I applied for. So I went to the group interview where we were giving a tour of the store, and was quizzed on several things. Towards the end we were asked specific questions such as: Tell me about yourself, what was the physical aspect of you previous job, why Aldi? If you want to stand out, I recommend answering the questions right away and asking questions in return. It will generate a good image of yourself and remember folks just because you are in another interview doesn’t necessary mean they you are going to be hired. I found that out when I reach the final interview with the district manger that only five of us were only going to be hired into the store. The Store manager interview was quick, and it was pretty much like the group interview. You know when you pass the finish line if you reach the final interview with the district manager, which pretty much means you are hired. “Disclaimer Alert” I applied for shift manger, they will start you off as an associate and then expect you to work your way up! In summary my general experience was lack luster, the associates look miserable and it seem that they don’t care about customer service! The environment of the store look depressing, I am glad that I have reached the final stage however I am reconsidering it just because of that. There is a reason why they pay $11.00, because you are doing the work of 3 to five people! I rather go find something else as it might not be worth it in the end even with the benefits and such. MEH! Horrible!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What are your personal attributes?
      Tell me about your previous employments?
      Why Aldi?
      If you were a car, what car would you be? <---? lol   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very fast signed the application talked to an interviewer ask me my experience my current job and what location I would like to work for got a second interview within a week

Interview Questions

• How well do you know about the position you applied for   2 Answers