ALDI Interview Questions in Australia | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.6

96 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Wollongong (Australia)) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online - relatively easy application process. Invited to a group interview at a local store 2 days later. Arrived at the store for the group interview, there were 12 people in total. The interviewer split us into 2 groups of 6. Firstly, he took us out to the front of the store where he asked us to tell everyone our name and one word to describe yourself. Then we walked through the store where he stopped and spoke to us about what makes ALDI different to the competitors and asking questions about what we knew about the company. We moved to a different section of the store where again there was discussion about the company and what we knew about what made ALDI different, what we notice about the stores, how we would improve the customer service experience if we gained employment etc. We were then asked to fill out a form that asked things like - availability, store preference, why we wanted to work for ALDI, what we think we would gain from working at ALDI, relevant experiences and four basic maths questions (some addition, multiplication and working out change). We were left to fill out this form and told to leave when it was done as the interviewer was taking the second group round the store. We were not told when or how we would hear from them if we were to be successful, or not. I did not feel like anyone had much of a chance to show personality or skills as each person only answered 1-2 questions during the whole process. Received an email the following day saying that I had not made it to the next round (one on one interview)

Retail Assistant Interview

Interview

18/11/2017 Eastlakes

The area manager interviewed eight people including me. It started from introducing, followed by asking questions of the manager, and end up with introducing the role.

Overall it was a easy interview but basically anyone can enter the interview.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in November 2017.

Interview

The process took about a week. Applied thursday, got an email for group interview on friday. After that got another interview on wednesday. Then an hour after 2nd interview got a call for job offer. Easiest interview and process. Start next week.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

group interview and online assessment
    atleast 30 people in single group

Interview Questions

• why you want to work in Aldi and tell us about Aldi?   1 Answer

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

Easy, quick and the staff are amazing. Had one group interview(dress business casual). Then a solo personality interview with a store manager, then a solo work experience interview with the area manager. Heard back three days later with an offer! I start next week!

Stock Filler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Brisbane (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

Was showed around the store in a group of 6 then taken out back to discuss the process on what will happen next. Broke into groups of 2 then had to ask questions to one another and tell the area manger what you learnt from your partner, after that you were then taken in for a 1 on 1 interview where they asked about availability and which position you were willing to work.

Interview Questions

• What makes Aldi different from the rest ?
      Why do you want to work at Aldi ?
      What do you know about Aldi ?
      Can you work Early mornings and Late nights ?
      Can you multi task ?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALDI in October 2017.

Interview

Group Interview

Was told I was over qualified for the position however due to visa restrictions I was told to ignore any further emails from them even though I passed the initial interview. They don't want to "waste time" on people who are not full residents of Australia.

Interview Questions

• About yourself   1 Answer
    • where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer
    • are you ok for the work times.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Brisbane (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

There were three stages of interview process. First stage was within group interview. Then if you pass it you get a confirmation by email for second interview for one on one. If you succeed this one you will go on to the third stage interview.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions in the interview was 'tell me about yourself'? What brings you to Aldi and what is your favourite product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Brisbane (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was later invited for a group interview.

Attended group interview. Group size was ten. Manager asked us each to introduce ourselves, what our professional background is and why we wanted to work for Aldi. After which the group is then given a tour around the store and asked what the differences are between Aldi and other supermarket stores. Finally, we had to do some paperwork which included some basic maths calculations (relax, it's nothing to difficult, a 10 year old could do it), dot points why we wanted to work for Aldi, and our availability.

Was later called back for a one-on-one interview. Again given more questions relating to what you know about Adli, and additional standard interview questions.

Sent an email that afternoon (after 2nd interview) to say that was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Aldi?
      Describe a time when you have gone over and above expectation.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Hill (Australia)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Castle Hill (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview will start with a group interview. Then if you are successful you will meet with an area manager and then if you are further successful you will meet with a district manager.

Interview Questions

• Please do not get ready for your typical interview questions. All questions are personality based it is simple they don't really care about how educated or experienced or smart you are. Just be confident and present yourself well.
      if they like your personality you are in.   1 Answer