ALDI Interview Questions in Australia | Glassdoor

ALDI Interview Questions in Australia

Updated May 17, 2017

2.6

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online using an online application form where I had to answer a question about a situation I had to lead from the front and the outcome of my action.

Recorded video interview with 3 questions. It is focused on your past experiences. Still waiting to see if I got through to the next stage.

Retail Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI in May 2017.

Interview

3 interviews 1 group, 1 with area manager, 1 with store manager.

Group interview the hardest as you have to stand out in a group however don't say how good you are with customers talk about working as a team and the aldi values

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Brisbane (Australia)).

Interview

It was a group interview with about 20 people in my round. The Area manager took us to various parts of the store and asked questions regarding the company. Then we went to the back area of the store and filled a piece of paper stating availability.

Interview Questions

• What makes ALDI unique in comparison to other supermarkets?   Answer Question

Store Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI in April 2017.

Interview

I first applied through Aldi's website, a few days later via email I was invited to a group interview. I attended and the area manager told us about the job and got us all to introduce ourselves and why we want to work at aldi. We then got a store tour. About 1.5 weeks after group interview I was offered a 1 on 1, I had to fill out a police check form as well as some other forms. And I had to book a medical assessment. The 1 on 1 was simple asked a few questions and some math questions. After my 1 on 1 and medical I got a phone call about a week later and got offered the job and started a week after that.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Video Interview - A prerecord question appears on the screen, you have 30 seconds to read the question and 2 mins to answer it. My video interview was 5 questions long.

Interview Questions

• What is the most stressful situation you have ever been in and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Adelaide (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

There were about 25 people their for interview. At first, the Area Manager gave presentation, Introducing ALDI and its operation, how they are different to others and so on. After that we have been taken to one on one interview with 4 people being interviewed at the same time.In which they asked basic questions which lasted for 10 to 15 mins. Overall it was very easy going interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work for ALDI?
      What team work means to you and what's important in that?
      What is one thing that you didn't like in your previous roles?
      Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noosaville (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Noosaville (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

Group Interview. There were about 20 people at this group Interview. The Area Manager described the expectations of the job, rate of pay and how being employed by Aldi worked. We then went on a tour of the store stopping in the first isle and asking 'What is different about Aldi to other Supermarkets. We continued the tour as he let us know more about how Aldi operates. When we finished the tour each of us were called up to answer 3 questions. The Area Manager was informative, professional and answered all questions in a well informed way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Aldi?
      What have you been doing for the past 2 years?
      Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
      1 Answer

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yarraville (Australia)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALDI (Yarraville (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview where they basically asked you to introduce yourself, then they ask questions about what you think makes the company different. If you are successful in this interview then you'll get asked to do a 1 on 1 interview. Also, I was interviewed in Melbourne

Interview Questions

• What makes Aldi different to other super markets?   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

I did the online application and then got an email inviting me to complete an online video interview within 7 days. The video interview you had 3 questions to answer, one minute to consider your answer and 2 minutes to record your answer. I found it difficult to think on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific occasion where I demonstrated integrity and professionalism   2 Answers

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vermont South (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Vermont South (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

I first went to the Forest Hill franchise and applied in person to the Store Manager and he passed my resume onto the Area Manager and I applied online as well for the retail assistant position. After applying online, later on in the afternoon I received a group interview invite. Although I applied for the Forest Hill location, the interview took place at the Vermont South franchise. The Area Manager took us into the staffroom area where the interview was held.

We started off with introductions in a specific format which listed on the board. I can't remember specifically the order, but I remember you had to state your name, your work history, whether you're currently studying or not, availabilities, preferable work locations and you had to explain why you want to work for Aldi. Then we were asked a few questions. Surprisingly, we didn't do any group activities even though it was a group interview, but I think that was because we were running out of time as some of my group members kept talking a lot. Speaking of talkative people, I felt really out of place because the women in my group wouldn't let other people talk so they kept calling out answers and forcing their way into the conversation and at times they would actually talk on top of each other accidentally. For me, that was probably the hardest part of the interview as I didn't really get to say much.

The interviewer also mentioned about Aldi conducting a health check as it is a prerequisite for the job. We were then notified that Aldi would contact us if we were to go to the next interview stage which was a one-on-one interview.

Unfortunately, I didn't get accepted to the next interview stage. However, I learned a lot from this interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What's different about Aldi compared to other supermarkets?
      Why work at Aldi?