ALDI Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 13, 2017

2.5

100 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in West Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (West Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Three interviews easy question. Two interviews with the district manager and one with the store. Easiest way to get hired is go to a hiring event. Be prepared to drug test fairly recently after the offer

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for aldi. What are your strengths. What makes you different   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotion

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Cashier Interview

Interview

there was a three day interview process with meeting with the district manager and then his boss along with an intern and then again with the district manager it was not as bad as i thought just have to be yourself and view it as a conversation not an antagonizing bad connotation of a three step interview process

Interview Questions

• can you lift at least 50 lbs   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Burlington, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a long hiring process. I began with dropping off my application and resume in July and met with the store manager twice in August assuming the second time was my interview. The first and second interview was in September. The third interview was in October. The first and third interview was with the DM. The second was with the Store Manger.

Interview Questions

• The questions mainly focused on my character and how I would handle specific situations.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

The beginning process was at a job fair where you fill out the application and then turn it in once you are finished. They interview you on the spot in front of everyone asking basic questions I guess to get a feel for your demeanor and whether you will be called back in a few days for real interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Blaine, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

This was round one of Three interviews in the Aldi hiring process. I received a phone call to set up my first interview a day after turning in my application. I went to the same location where I initially turned in my application. It was very informal as we went to the employee break room and sat down to talk. Two other Managers were observing this process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your manager, supervisor, etc..had to sit you down to reprimand you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patchogue, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Patchogue, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewer watched from the store, as I walked up. Greeted me and asked for my completed application. If I did not download one he would have me fill it out there.

Interview Questions

• This is a fast paced job can you lift 45 pounds?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

It was straight to the point. Focused and relevant. I had to wait awhile longer than scheduled for even after coming in early. First of, they start of by asking what is it you know about the company and they'll fill you in on after you talk about how much you know about them. Then they ask you a pretty general question such as, why you would want to work with them, schedule flexibility and what makes you think you'll be a perfect candidate.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI in July 2014.

Interview

Open Interview, showed up 15 minutes early, resume and application in hand, dressed in a suit. Interviewer was in a full suit. Of the 8 or so that were early, I was the only one that was prepared, and not dressed in shorts/jeans and tank top/tshirt and flip flops. Ad specifically asked for application to be filled out prior. "Interview" lasted less than two minutes. Introduction, Can you work 40 hours?, Did you graduate high school? Do you have transportation? and can you lift over 40lbs? Answer yes, to all. "Great well it looks like you are qualified, We will be calling for interviews this evening" and that was it. Next guy after me was out the door before i was able to get to my car.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ALDI in July 2014.

Interview

Three interviews total which I thought was a little bit overkill. I submitted an in person written application with my own printed one attached. I got a call, came in and talked with the DM. Then another in person with the manager, and a final with the DM. Three months it took for the entire process!! I was shocked when they initially called me because it had been so long. Drug test and background checked followed.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very simple but they want to know everything about your history professionally, from your first ever job to present.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Bergen, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (North Bergen, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

met with district manager at a hiring event, and then went to a group interview, and then followed up with a one on one interview. at the one on one interview i was hired pending I passed a drug test and background check. Took about a week total, but lots of people apply, and if you dont hear back in 2-3 days, they arent interested.