ALDI District Manager Inter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALDI District Manager Inter Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI (South Windsor, CT).

Interview

The first interview was a one-on-one with a campus recruiter, it went great. This was followed by a short online assessment and an invitation to a second interview at their office in CT. Upon entering the room, i was greeted by 4 gentlemen. One being another campus recruiter, the other two were important but I can't recall their titles (spring 2016) and the last gentleman was a senior personnel (highest title in the room). It was awkward and extremely uncomfortable having the senior gentle present because he was doing paperwork the whole time which is reasonable if you're just that busy but throughout the interview i tried to establish eye contact but it never happened and his body language was just unfriendly and unprofessional. Thank god for the campus recruiter because he was the only person in the room behaving like a human and made the interview bearable (we were the only ones talking). When the interview was done, there was still no sign of warmth from the senior gentleman who nonverbally controlled the room. He didn't bothered to ask for my transcript but gathering from the interview I knew I didn't get the internship and no longer had respect for the gentlemans (except recruiter). This was my first bad interview experience, ever. However, one can always learn from every experience. What initially attracted me to the internship was the level of responsibility that would be given and lets not forget the great compensation package but don't let that fool you. While all that is glitter is not always gold, I realized that even though my skills and work ethics may have matched the position, I didn't match the company culture. If you are someone who can follow the rules 100% and speak when you're told to speak, then this internship is perfect for you. My suspicion is that the culture is probably positive around peers and managers but that it would be wise to put on your robotic personally when you're in front of a senior personnel. Otherwise, the idea of working 60+ hours with another company for lower pay with a better culture fit seems more pleasing.

Interview Questions

• Average interview questions, its just a matter of trying to finish the interview as soon as possible so that you can exit the room.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Process was long, drawn out, and a waste of time. Applied online twice, and then finally talked to them in person at a school career fair. After the career fair they emailed me back and had me do an interview. I then waited a few weeks, did a skills assessment, and then finally had another interview.
    I did get the internship, but it took forever. Company offers no flexibility for your schedule, you do things when they want, or not at all.

District Manager Inter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI in October 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was very relaxed and didn't ask too many behavioral questions. They want to hear about your experiences taking on leadership roles and how you work with others. They also want to know if you are willing to take on the responsibility and challenges of this job. This internship doesn't have set in stone hours so you are likely to work more than 40 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• What are makes you hesitant about this job?
      What makes you excited for this job?
      Answer Question

District Manager Inter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

The night before the interview was a dinner for all the interviees to go and learn about the company and able to ask questions. Very cool opportunity. The next day was an interview at our career center. I didn't have a great experience with the interview. My guy didn't seem to really care about my past experience. He talked a lot about the money issue and how Aldi provides a lot of money, which wasn't my first reason I applied. I enjoy the company and their values and thought it would be a great opportunity to get my foot into the industry. He also wasn't very professional and it was just an odd experience for me. Didn't seem like a professional interview, very casual.

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask about my personal experiences, asked any questions that I had for him?   1 Answer

District Manager Inter Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Informative, there was a pre night presentation where you can see what are they aiming for regarding the candidates. Right now I am waiting for a response which they told me 10 days after the day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you most excited about the position? What are you less excited about the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

I was recruited trough a job fair at my university. It took about a week and a half for them to get back to me. I went to a dinner the day before the interview and it was great an informative about the company. The interview was very comfortable and they just kept asking about why ALDI.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

There was an information session the night before. The interview took less than 10 minutes. Probably more like 5. It one interview with one person. I didn't feel like they got to know me at all before denying me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI (State College, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had one Mandatory Session, where students who were invited for the fist Interview had to attend.
    The first interview then took place a day later. It lasted about 20min and it was an comfortable-atmosphere
    My second interview took place at on of their Headquarters. I Interviewed with one Director and one Vice-President. They also showed us their warehouse and we all drove to one Aldi-store where we met a District Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was ten minutes late and I do not know what was going on with the interviewer because he did not explain the delay. So I only had a 20-minute interview. The process is quite similar with other internship positions. Most questions are behavior questions. I saw there was a paper to take notes in front of him and he did not write anything. The interviewer is a little bit cold in attitude.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavior questions such as describe a team work experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ALDI (State College, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I met a representative from ALDI at a career fair, and she took my resume and offered me an interview later that week. She was very nice during the interview and asked me about my different experiences during my time in college. It was probably an hour long interview, which was not too bad.