ALDI District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.9

233 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Long Beach, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I met Aldi at my school's job and career fair, then I got invited to an information session the next week. I then interviewed with them the same week as the information session.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you overcame an obstacle and had a good outcome.   Answer Question
  • Tell me of a time there was an obstacle to overcome and it didn't end successfully.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Miami, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through school website and got an email a few days after the deadline saying I got an interview. You first have to attend a dinner presentation where they tell you about the company and what they look for in candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Center Valley, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

two interviews. first one very short. the second one was at the divisional office with 20-30 other interviewees. spent more time talking to other students than the actual Aldi employees, but it was a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Richmond, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed interview, they truly just asked questions about my resume. Very easy going people who just wanted to get to know me. There were a few how would you respond questions but it was very straight forward with no gotcha questions.

Interview Questions

• How will someone so young lead a person who has been with Aldi for years and is older than your parents?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at ALDI (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Spent half a day in interviews at regional office and the remainder visiting a local store. Definitely looking for someone with energy and a demonstrated ability to work with others!

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I went to an information session on campus. The next day I was asked to show up for a brief 15 minute interview on campus. Second round interview at the divisional office. Final interview with the VP of the division.

District Manager Interview

Interview

Turned in my resume through my school's career website. I was notified I was selected for an interview and that I must attend a pre-interview dinner. The "dinner" was a presentation of Aldi and what it does and stands for. It really helped in making expectations clear. The interview the next day asked for about 5 basic behavioral questions. I was told I would know if I made it to the next round in a week. I received a rejection email exactly a week later.

Interview Questions

• What's something that you wouldn't like to do about this job?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I spoke with a current DM at my school's career fair. I applied online and received an interview. In order to interview, all candidates attend a pre-interview informational session where they discuss all aspects of the job and answer any questions you have. At the first interview (20 mins), they ask very basic questions about yourself, your resume, and the DM job. I got an email asking for me to come to the second round of interviews.

District Manager Interview

Interview

Applied through university's career services. After being selected for an interview and choosing my time, I received an email asking me to come to an "interview pre-night" or something similar. The dress was business casual. This information session lasted approximately 1 hour (as Aldi promised) and was conducted by the Director of Operations for the branch myself and my fellow students were applying to. She was very friendly and while the session, of course, portrayed Aldi in a positive light, it was genuinely informative and some good reading material on Aldi was given. We were also asked to fill out a sheet stating our location preferences.

The next day I had my interview. It was basic and my interviewer was the same Director of Operations though two district managers were also interviewing others. Questions were straightforward. One piece of advice, however: come prepared with questions. I had researched Aldi extremely thoroughly prior to the interview and thus had few questions about their business model or the position in question. As such, I came with perhaps 2-3 questions. After I asked these, though, she asked if I had any others in a way that implied I should have more. I was a bit surprised at this since we were already 5 minutes over the allotted time for the interview and I knew another student was coming right after me, but I understand. I think she was looking for questions about her personal experiences as a district manager rather than questions about the corporation.

Interview Questions

• Q: So you're a government major, why apply to this position?   1 Answer
    • Q: What are three words which describe you?   1 Answer
    • Q: What's the hardest challenge you've faced in life?   Answer Question
    • Q: Challenge faced at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Columbia, SC) in October 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, my first round was on campus, pretty standard behavioral questions, round two and three take place in the district you're applying for with higher up managers

Interview Questions

• What was a time you realized you were wrong in a decision you made and how did you fix it?   Answer Question
    • Who has been a big influence in your life and why?   Answer Question