ALDI District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.9

201 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Applied first through University career services website, then got an email inviting me to a preliminary interview on campus. Prior to the interview, we were invited to an information session the night before the interview day. They talked about the company and all of the benefits and took questions, which altogether lasted about an hour and there were about 80 people there between the DM internship and the DM full time positions. Next day was the first interview.

This was a 20 minute interview with 1 or 2 basic behavioral questions and the rest just running through my resume. I got an email a couple days later saying I was invited to the final round of interviews roughly a month later at one of their distribution centers. The prepared a lot for the final interview by reading a bunch of interview questions on here, and they all were pretty accurate to what I faced in my final rounds.

The day began with 3 rounds of 15-20 minute interviews with the VP of that district and a couple of DMs. Each interview had a specific focus, with one essentially going through my resume and asking some behavioral Q's, the next being more focused on the job and how my experiences correlate to their job, and the final one being a mix of the two. When you weren't interviewing, you were in a conference room with the 10 or so other interviewees, and made small talk. After everyone had finished their interviews, we had lunch in the conference room with all of the interviewers and talked casually. Then we took a tour through the distribution center for about 45 minutes, and then drove to a nearby store location, where we took a 45 minute tour of the store itself, lead by 3 or 4 younger DM's from the area. That concluded the interview process. I got an offer via email the next day.

Interview Questions

• An 10 year employee takes $5 from the register, what do you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ALDI (Moreno Valley, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Met at an ALDI distribution center for a 4-hour long interview and information session. Myself and approximately 30-35 other applicants for the internship were given a presentation on the company, a tour of the distribution center, and a Panera Bread lunch with ALDI District Managers who were available to answer our questions about the position. Each applicant was alotted one 15-minute interview with a company Director and had to answer four essays that were each a page long with questions such as "Why should ALDI hire you, What do you know about ALDI, etc". Some applicants were called back for two or even three interviews, and since I was not called back for a second and was rejected, I assume that applicants called back for second or third interviews were the ones ALDI was the most interested in. Overall a very nice experience with lots of learning and a good lunch although I did not get the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a large failure and how you handled that   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (State College, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application through college portal.
    On-campus interview. If selected for the next round, will be called on-site in about a week.
    Final decision will be out in two- three days of on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Tell about your leadership role.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI (Olathe, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an on-site interview. The campus interview was a brief 20 minute interview. Heard back the next day and was asked to go to Olathe, KS for the second interview. Hotel and car mileage was paid for. Second interview was from 8:30am-3:00pm. Included a tour of warehouse, 4 individual interviews, lunch, and then touring an Aldi store nearby. Heard back the next day.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied on university recruiting site, interviewed on campus. If you apply, you will get interviewed. You will be invited to a info session prior to the interview to learn more about Aldi. They seemed to already determined who were going to get pick. They showed no interest in me.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest decision you have had to make in your life and what did you decide?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Greenwood, IN).

Interview

I first spoke to ALDI at a college career fair, followed by a nice dinner on campus, an on campus interview, online assessment, and on site interview speaking to many different managers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee take 10$ from the register?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ALDI (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Was in stockroom and employee came in to grab stuff and start knocking things around which was uncomfortable. Behavioral based questions. Your basic interview. Nothing too special just know about the company and be able to sell your experiences.

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment do you want to work in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called in for one interview and will be going to the district office for another. It includes multiple interviews. During the second, along with the interview, there will be a tour of headquarters as well as a lunch with corporate members.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my college's employment website for an on-campus interview. I was notified I was selected for an interview and had to attend an information session the night before, where two employees gave us an in-depth look at what the job entails. This was really informational and explained a lot of questions. They really want to make sure you know what you'll be doing and give you a chance to cancel the interview if you're not feeling it anymore, since it's a challenging job. The next day I had my interview, which only lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you made a decision, and later realized it was the wrong decision.   Answer Question
    • What makes you better than others applying for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through school career center, and got accepted for an interview on campus. There was a pre-interview dinner the night before the interview and then the interview the next day with a vice president. Nice dinner, but bad interview. I had the feeling the VP made up his mind about me before I walked in the door or shortly after the interview began.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were in a leadership role?   Answer Question