ALDI District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.9

204 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

District Manager Interview

Interview

It was a typical corporate internship interview. I could immediately tell that it was not the right position for me. The interviewer was nice but we both knew it was not going anywhere.

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Springfield, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

My first two interviews were with a recruiter (which I didn't know right away)
    1st was on the phone the 2nd was in person

After that I was recommended to go for the district manager position instead of the store manager position I was originally going for.

I had a total of 3 more interviews and a half day job shadow.

My last interview was with the VP

So, 5 interviews total plus a half day work shadow

You have to pass each part of the process to get to the next so I did extremely well; however, I was not offered the position.

This process is as long as you make it
    I had them push me through fast so it took like a week but it could take much longer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Why Aldi   1 Answer
    • Other questions to prepare for:

What is leadership

Described you're own leadership

Tell me 3 weaknesses and 3 strengths

Tell me about a time you...

Made a mistake

There are several behavioral type questions

Use the STAR method to ensure you hit the key points without wandering and taking forever to answer

Situation
      Task
      Action
      Results

Or at least describe the
      Situation
      Action you took
      Results

This will help you stay on track and sound much more professional   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI in July 2017.

Interview

I applied and waited for two months before hearing anything from the company, even while I was working for them on a contractual basis during that time. The first interview was with a district manager in the same area as me. A few weeks later, I interviewed with one of the division's Directors of Store Operations. After waiting to hear back within the amount of time I was told, I received no response. I followed up via phone and was sent an email several hours later with a letter that there would be no continuation of interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee take $1 out of the cash register, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer
    • Would you have a problem firing someone? What if they were a single mom?   Answer Question
    • What are your top three strengths? Three areas of improvement/weaknesses?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Applied first through University career services website, then got an email inviting me to a preliminary interview on campus. Prior to the interview, we were invited to an information session the night before the interview day. They talked about the company and all of the benefits and took questions, which altogether lasted about an hour and there were about 80 people there between the DM internship and the DM full time positions. Next day was the first interview.

This was a 20 minute interview with 1 or 2 basic behavioral questions and the rest just running through my resume. I got an email a couple days later saying I was invited to the final round of interviews roughly a month later at one of their distribution centers. The prepared a lot for the final interview by reading a bunch of interview questions on here, and they all were pretty accurate to what I faced in my final rounds.

The day began with 3 rounds of 15-20 minute interviews with the VP of that district and a couple of DMs. Each interview had a specific focus, with one essentially going through my resume and asking some behavioral Q's, the next being more focused on the job and how my experiences correlate to their job, and the final one being a mix of the two. When you weren't interviewing, you were in a conference room with the 10 or so other interviewees, and made small talk. After everyone had finished their interviews, we had lunch in the conference room with all of the interviewers and talked casually. Then we took a tour through the distribution center for about 45 minutes, and then drove to a nearby store location, where we took a 45 minute tour of the store itself, lead by 3 or 4 younger DM's from the area. That concluded the interview process. I got an offer via email the next day.

Interview Questions

• An 10 year employee takes $5 from the register, what do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ALDI (Moreno Valley, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Met at an ALDI distribution center for a 4-hour long interview and information session. Myself and approximately 30-35 other applicants for the internship were given a presentation on the company, a tour of the distribution center, and a Panera Bread lunch with ALDI District Managers who were available to answer our questions about the position. Each applicant was alotted one 15-minute interview with a company Director and had to answer four essays that were each a page long with questions such as "Why should ALDI hire you, What do you know about ALDI, etc". Some applicants were called back for two or even three interviews, and since I was not called back for a second and was rejected, I assume that applicants called back for second or third interviews were the ones ALDI was the most interested in. Overall a very nice experience with lots of learning and a good lunch although I did not get the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a large failure and how you handled that   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (State College, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application through college portal.
    On-campus interview. If selected for the next round, will be called on-site in about a week.
    Final decision will be out in two- three days of on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Tell about your leadership role.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI (Olathe, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an on-site interview. The campus interview was a brief 20 minute interview. Heard back the next day and was asked to go to Olathe, KS for the second interview. Hotel and car mileage was paid for. Second interview was from 8:30am-3:00pm. Included a tour of warehouse, 4 individual interviews, lunch, and then touring an Aldi store nearby. Heard back the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Bloomington, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

There is a dinner the night before to educate candidates on Aldi. The dinner includes District Manager candidates as well as intern candidates. Then interviews take place the next day.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied on university recruiting site, interviewed on campus. If you apply, you will get interviewed. You will be invited to a info session prior to the interview to learn more about Aldi. They seemed to already determined who were going to get pick. They showed no interest in me.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest decision you have had to make in your life and what did you decide?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ALDI (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Was in stockroom and employee came in to grab stuff and start knocking things around which was uncomfortable. Behavioral based questions. Your basic interview. Nothing too special just know about the company and be able to sell your experiences.

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment do you want to work in?   1 Answer