ALDI District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALDI District Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Columbia, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school, and they set up a business dinner and interview schedule for all of the first-round applicants.

The night before our interview, we had a mandatory informational “business dinner” presentation on campus, which ended up being an hour presentation, followed by an hour of question and answer. They try to keep it pretty relaxed, but my advice is to eat beforehand, they only give you finger foods. During this presentation they told us all about the position, the structure of the company, how they got into their positions, what type of hours you can expect if you accept this job (1 weekend day commitment, plus at least 50 hour weeks), etc… It is during this presentation that they try to get you to ask every single question on your mind so you can’t ask any questions during the interview because they keep them so short.

The day of the actual interview was already disorganized. I received an email two days before my interview saying they needed to reschedule to an earlier time because the recruiters had to get back to the offices early (aka, they could leave early, so they thought they’d try). I was flexible and agreed to meet at an earlier time. There were three different interviews, two VP’s of an ALDI division, and another ALDI employee. The interview itself lasted 15 minutes, after talking with some of the other students interviewing for the job, they told me how short or long their interview time is. One girl’s interview started 20 minutes late, but still ended on her scheduled time (her total interview time was 8 minutes). We figured out that if the ALDI recruiter hears answers they don’t like and know right then they don’t want you, they will cut the interview short and send you on your way.

They asked basic questions, but I could tell this recruiter was looking for someone who wasn’t afraid to put in the work and be intimidating and assertive. They constantly reiterated how competitive and difficult this position is, so they will waste no time weeding out people they feel aren’t prepared to handle the job. The best way to approach this interview is to just be strong, confident, and connect with the recruiter in order get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (New Orleans, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was given an interview after talking with Aldi at the National Black MBA Association conference. Aldi had posted on the conference website that they will be set up and recruiting for that particular position. The first day of the conference career fair I talked with them and told them about how I could play a great role in their management position and was offered and interview for the next day.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in a management role at Aldi?   1 Answer
    • How much did I know about Aldi?   1 Answer
    • What district I would like to be located in and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

First a career fair, then a 30 minute on-campus interview. Correspondence was through email and Handshake - could have been better communicated on their part. Overall interviewer was really pleasant and engaged, told about not having work/life balance for first 3 years in position and working up to 80 hours a week until comfortable with the position. I appreciated the honesty but made the position unappealing.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked about experience, volunteer work, and extracurriculars on resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Valparaiso, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process starts with a dinner the night before. They do a really good job telling you about the position and the company. The first round of interviews is all behavior questions. Second round is a regional office visit. You go through 3 more short interviews, all behavioral, and then tour the warehouse, each lunch, visit an ALDI store and have the chance to ask questions to current District Managers.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the hardest part of the district manager position?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI in October 2016.

Interview

Introduced myself at school career fair and then was asked to submit my resume through university site. Was asked to an on campus information session and then interview the next day. Information session was just learning about the company from district managers & then the interview was 1:1 with a district manager and they asked a lot of STAR questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a really quick first round interview, mainly just asking about resume. Went to district headquarters for final round interview and had three 15 minute interviews. Interviewers were really harsh, kind of rude, didn't let me finish my sentences. I left the final round interviews not wanting to work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Oxford, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through career service through University. Went to an info dinner before in-person interview. Dinner was great and very informative about the job position and company overall. Interview the next day was not good. I answered every single question accurately and with enthusiasm while the interviewer just looked at me and said "mhm" and then asked another question just reading right down my resume for the entire time, never providing feedback or allowing for an open conversation. This was a huge turn off for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume, interviewed on College campus for 2nd round on top of an informational dinner, for round 3 had to go to houston headquarters for a very intense process: toured facility, had to answer 2 essay questions while waiting for 3 different interviews throughout the day

Interview Questions

• 1st round very casual, Tell me about yourself, situational   Answer Question
    • Had you take an assessment before 3rd round and asked you questions based on your weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (State College, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was asked to interview on my campus and it was a short 15 minute interview with basic interview questions. The interviewers are real District Managers who worked to become company VPs, so it isn't your average interview with HR.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiting in spring. Excellent pre-night presentation and networking session. Next day behavioral Interview was relatively simple with no surprises. 30 minutes one on one with school alum.