ALDI District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.9

234 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Burlington, VT) in October 2017.

Interview

Saw ALDI at the career fair at my school. Gave them my resume, and got a response a few days later to come to an informational session, the next day was an on-campus interview. I got a response a few weeks later asking to do another interview over skype with the district manager VP.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you made a decision that ended up working out badly.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Wheeling, WV) in October 2017.

Interview

After I applied I received an email about my interview and a information session the night before. The info session helps to get an in depth understanding of the company. The interview itself was rather standard.

Interview Questions

• Why made you interested in Aldi?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Springfield, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

It was an on campus interview with an Aldi Vice President. He was very nice, mostly asked behavioral questions. Although, the interview went well, I didn't get an offer. It is a very good position and it's very competititve.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and quite behavioral-oriented. The interviewer gave a very in-depth description of the job that I was interviewing for, and how they personally had moved up to the position that they currently held in the company. I felt that some of this was unneeded information since I (as most people do before an interview) had done extensive research about the company and the job. The interview lasted about thirty minutes, and the interviewer was very enthusiastic and answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you exhibited a great deal of responsibility.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Interview

It was a typical corporate internship interview. I could immediately tell that it was not the right position for me. The interviewer was nice but we both knew it was not going anywhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Bloomington, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy going and conversational. The interviewer was nice and asked mainly behavioral questions with a few situational questions thrown in. He left a lot of time at the end for me to ask any questions you have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (South Windsor, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

First they invite you to an informational program where they talk to you and you see a presentation and videos about the job. Then interview with Director of Operations and District Manager, then invited to interview with Vice President.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Springfield, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

My first two interviews were with a recruiter (which I didn't know right away)
    1st was on the phone the 2nd was in person

After that I was recommended to go for the district manager position instead of the store manager position I was originally going for.

I had a total of 3 more interviews and a half day job shadow.

My last interview was with the VP

So, 5 interviews total plus a half day work shadow

You have to pass each part of the process to get to the next so I did extremely well; however, I was not offered the position.

This process is as long as you make it
    I had them push me through fast so it took like a week but it could take much longer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Why Aldi   1 Answer
    • Other questions to prepare for:

What is leadership

Described you're own leadership

Tell me 3 weaknesses and 3 strengths

Tell me about a time you...

Made a mistake

There are several behavioral type questions

Use the STAR method to ensure you hit the key points without wandering and taking forever to answer

Situation
      Task
      Action
      Results

Or at least describe the
      Situation
      Action you took
      Results

This will help you stay on track and sound much more professional   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI in July 2017.

Interview

I applied and waited for two months before hearing anything from the company, even while I was working for them on a contractual basis during that time. The first interview was with a district manager in the same area as me. A few weeks later, I interviewed with one of the division's Directors of Store Operations. After waiting to hear back within the amount of time I was told, I received no response. I followed up via phone and was sent an email several hours later with a letter that there would be no continuation of interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee take $1 out of the cash register, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer
    • Would you have a problem firing someone? What if they were a single mom?   Answer Question
    • What are your top three strengths? Three areas of improvement/weaknesses?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Applied first through University career services website, then got an email inviting me to a preliminary interview on campus. Prior to the interview, we were invited to an information session the night before the interview day. They talked about the company and all of the benefits and took questions, which altogether lasted about an hour and there were about 80 people there between the DM internship and the DM full time positions. Next day was the first interview.

This was a 20 minute interview with 1 or 2 basic behavioral questions and the rest just running through my resume. I got an email a couple days later saying I was invited to the final round of interviews roughly a month later at one of their distribution centers. The prepared a lot for the final interview by reading a bunch of interview questions on here, and they all were pretty accurate to what I faced in my final rounds.

The day began with 3 rounds of 15-20 minute interviews with the VP of that district and a couple of DMs. Each interview had a specific focus, with one essentially going through my resume and asking some behavioral Q's, the next being more focused on the job and how my experiences correlate to their job, and the final one being a mix of the two. When you weren't interviewing, you were in a conference room with the 10 or so other interviewees, and made small talk. After everyone had finished their interviews, we had lunch in the conference room with all of the interviewers and talked casually. Then we took a tour through the distribution center for about 45 minutes, and then drove to a nearby store location, where we took a 45 minute tour of the store itself, lead by 3 or 4 younger DM's from the area. That concluded the interview process. I got an offer via email the next day.

Interview Questions

• An 10 year employee takes $5 from the register, what do you do?   1 Answer