ALDI District Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALDI District Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

District Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

Three Part interview process with two district managers and the director of operations. Took a long time to get a response and the questions seemed rather trivial. I was told that I had too much experience for the District Manager Position and that I would be considered for the store manager position. Odd and backwards by most standards and I can only assume it is because the district managers are meant to strictly be mouthpieces for the company and are hired right out of college.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a preinterview dinner the night before where they told us about the company and allowed us to ask questions because we wouldn't have time during the actual interview itself the following day. It was a great way to hear more about the position and to get a chance to make an impression before the interview. The actual interview the next day was about 20 minutes long with one of the executives from the presentation the night before.

District Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

2 rounds with a pre interview dinner. First interview basic. Second interview they took me to there campus in Denton. Visited a store that day with them also. They had a car service sent to my school to pick us up which was very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Greenville, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my schools career website. They chose me to do an interview and they had a preinterview dinner the night before. I think the dinner counted more than the actual interview so you should ask lots of questions and be social with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What is a hard decision you had to make and what did you decide?
      Leadership positions?
      What other companies are you interviewing for?   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I met the recruiters at a job fair on campus and submitted a resume. I attended the 2 hour pre-night dinner which is basically an info session and a chance to ask questions. The next morning was the first round interview which was strictly behavioral and straightforward. They want to make sure you aren't averse to hard work and can work in teams. I was invited to the second-round which is a full day at their office. We toured the warehouse and a store, and I interviewed with two different people for 15 minutes. Some other applicants had more interviews during this day than I did. I am now waiting to hear about 3rd round interviews.

District Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

The first round of interviews was fairly easy. They just want you to walk through your resume and know if you can commit the amount of time they want for the job. Also if you are willing to relocate. I'm awaiting the second round of interviews now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Champaign, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. The questions were not very difficult and were just basic questions about you and the company. The interviewer was very friendly and you are able to try and make a personal connection if you can. I was asked about all clubs and jobs that I had written on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

First you Submit resume and then they review and then 3 days later had a Phone interview. Then a second phone interview 3 days later. Then a short Assessment and then a Fly out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a managerial decision gone wrong. How did you handle that and what lessons were learned.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an experience you had working with diversity.   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I don't review often or ever bash a company, but Aldi is one of them.

Honestly, unless you are a caucasian man or looks like a rude boss. Which I've read about via Glassdoor before the interview. I attended anyway as a practice. They will not have any interests in hearing what you have to say. I am a petite Asian and I felt discriminated because the interviewer stopped me in less than 8 minutes. It was the shortest and most unprofessional interview I've been through.

I attended their info session before the interview and I already sense that it was a pretty stuck up company. They think because they pay you 80k is already a phenomenal offer. If you want a comparable or even higher salary, there's a lot of companies out there who offers 80k+ and they care about you as a new hire. I'm beyond glad that I didn't pass because I was able to find a much better job with a higher salary and have a work-life balance.

If you do get accepted, consider what you are getting yourself into. You will have no friends, other than hanging out with a few DMs during sparse meetings throughout the year. At the info session, they also mentioned that they don't hang out with workers at the store. You work weekends because it's considered a retail industry. Other than the monetary perks that initially get you on board, everything else sucks.

District Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I applied through my college. Attending the pre-night was required. It was mostly the Aldi representatives explaining what Aldi is about and their benefits. I interviewed with a district manager.