ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.8

850 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Associate Interview

Interview

Open interview- Applicants are screened by the manager asking 5-6 questions. After which he said he would follow up with an interview in one week. He even mentioned beginning to train applicants on a forklift the following week.

Interview Questions

• How many hours do you want to work?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Long Beach, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I met Aldi at my school's job and career fair, then I got invited to an information session the next week. I then interviewed with them the same week as the information session.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you overcame an obstacle and had a good outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time there was an obstacle to overcome and it didn't end successfully.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Miami, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through school website and got an email a few days after the deadline saying I got an interview. You first have to attend a dinner presentation where they tell you about the company and what they look for in candidates.

District Manager Interview

Interview

Turned in my resume through my school's career website. I was notified I was selected for an interview and that I must attend a pre-interview dinner. The "dinner" was a presentation of Aldi and what it does and stands for. It really helped in making expectations clear. The interview the next day asked for about 5 basic behavioral questions. I was told I would know if I made it to the next round in a week. I received a rejection email exactly a week later.

Interview Questions

• What's something that you wouldn't like to do about this job?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

Interview

I attended a "Career Fair" for a new Aldi store that is opening. It was one woman with stacks of applications and a laptop in the room. She has a script she was going through for each person who turned in the application.

District Manager Interview

Interview

Applied through university's career services. After being selected for an interview and choosing my time, I received an email asking me to come to an "interview pre-night" or something similar. The dress was business casual. This information session lasted approximately 1 hour (as Aldi promised) and was conducted by the Director of Operations for the branch myself and my fellow students were applying to. She was very friendly and while the session, of course, portrayed Aldi in a positive light, it was genuinely informative and some good reading material on Aldi was given. We were also asked to fill out a sheet stating our location preferences.

The next day I had my interview. It was basic and my interviewer was the same Director of Operations though two district managers were also interviewing others. Questions were straightforward. One piece of advice, however: come prepared with questions. I had researched Aldi extremely thoroughly prior to the interview and thus had few questions about their business model or the position in question. As such, I came with perhaps 2-3 questions. After I asked these, though, she asked if I had any others in a way that implied I should have more. I was a bit surprised at this since we were already 5 minutes over the allotted time for the interview and I knew another student was coming right after me, but I understand. I think she was looking for questions about her personal experiences as a district manager rather than questions about the corporation.

Interview Questions

• Q: So you're a government major, why apply to this position?   1 Answer
    • Q: What are three words which describe you?   1 Answer
    • Q: What's the hardest challenge you've faced in life?   Answer Question
    • Q: Challenge faced at work?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

Well I was a bit late due to no fault of my own. The group interview was a bit long and I didn't participate the way I should have..I was all messed up from being late. Then we got to 1 on 1 interviews..the guy didn't seem interested in anything I had to say..didn't ask me much and the whole interview was literally 2 minutes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Was asked to come in for an interview after talking with a recruiter at my College Career Fair. Was asked to come to a second round interview. Questions were pretty general; they just wanted to get to know you personally.

Interview Questions

• How will the skills you've learned from your major help you in this position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for ALDI?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Lawrenceville, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Hiring Event
    I went to the hiring event on the a Friday, the 11th. You just turn in your application to the district manager and they ask a few questions. If you are looking for full or part time. If you can lift 45 pounds. Why Aldi? (They ask this every round, so be prepared to answer that) They say give them until Wednesday to call you back for the group interview on Thursday, if they are interested. I got the call on the following Tuesday.
    Tips: I think this is more based on your application/experience because I didn't think I made a very good impression at the hiring event. So don't worry!

Group Interview
    The group interview is like a walk through/tour of the store. Mine was led by the district manager and their trainee. There were about 10 candidates there. They ask what is different about Aldi from other grocery stores. The other thing they ask on the tour is what can you see is different at the registers? At the end everyone is asked the same questions and we took turns answering: Tell about yourself, why do you want to work at Aldi and what is the most labor intensive thing you've ever done? We were told that the next steps are to do 1-on-1 interviews with a store manager and the final interview would be with the district manager and that we can re-apply if we don't get called back. They also opened the floor up for questions. I was called later on that day.
    Tips: try to speak at least once during the tour, be confident/speak clearly, smile.

Store Manager Interview
    This interview took place on the following Tuesday at a different store's location. We briefly scanned over my application. I was asked: to tell a little bit about myself, What I knew about Aldi, my most difficult job, my last jobs responsibilities, how I would go about handling a conflict with a co-worker, how I would deal with a rude customer, what I think customers expect when going into a grocery store, what good customer service means to me, what I would bring to the company (as far as customer service), inventory/cash handling/deposit/till counting(balancing) experience, about my availability, how often I need shifts covered, why I want to work for Aldi. They asked if I had any questions. Then, told me I should expect to hear back in 48-72 hours.
    Tips: be honest and put your best foot forward.
    ***I didn't ask any questions at the end of this interview, so maybe that's part of where I went wrong. Definitely ask questions and show interest through the process!

This is the end of the third day and I haven't heard back so, I can't let you know what to expect from the final interview! :(

I hope this helps someone who is looking to apply in the future, as I would have loved to seen something like this before I interviewed.

Good luck!

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Alexandria, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I arrived to a hiring event hosted by Aldi. I was told to return 2 hours later for an interview. I arrive at that interview only a minute off of the scheduled time; the woman who was going to have the interview says this implies I'll have a tendency to be late in the future and didn't want to interview me any longer. Probably made up an excuse not to take my interview.