ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,148 Interview Reviews

2.7

1,148 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

It was three long interviews, they pry into your team work, and how hard you work. They make it very clear that you will be pushed hard and work very hard. They also want to know that you can delegate very well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you ran your last team and what were the pros and cons.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Greenwood, IN).

Interview

I first spoke to ALDI at a college career fair, followed by a nice dinner on campus, an on campus interview, online assessment, and on site interview speaking to many different managers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee take 10$ from the register?   2 Answers

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied on university recruiting site, interviewed on campus. If you apply, you will get interviewed. You will be invited to a info session prior to the interview to learn more about Aldi. They seemed to already determined who were going to get pick. They showed no interest in me.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest decision you have had to make in your life and what did you decide?   Answer Question

District Manager Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI (South Windsor, CT).

Interview

The first interview was a one-on-one with a campus recruiter, it went great. This was followed by a short online assessment and an invitation to a second interview at their office in CT. Upon entering the room, i was greeted by 4 gentlemen. One being another campus recruiter, the other two were important but I can't recall their titles (spring 2016) and the last gentleman was a senior personnel (highest title in the room). It was awkward and extremely uncomfortable having the senior gentle present because he was doing paperwork the whole time which is reasonable if you're just that busy but throughout the interview i tried to establish eye contact but it never happened and his body language was just unfriendly and unprofessional. Thank god for the campus recruiter because he was the only person in the room behaving like a human and made the interview bearable (we were the only ones talking). When the interview was done, there was still no sign of warmth from the senior gentleman who nonverbally controlled the room. He didn't bothered to ask for my transcript but gathering from the interview I knew I didn't get the internship and no longer had respect for the gentlemans (except recruiter). This was my first bad interview experience, ever. However, one can always learn from every experience. What initially attracted me to the internship was the level of responsibility that would be given and lets not forget the great compensation package but don't let that fool you. While all that is glitter is not always gold, I realized that even though my skills and work ethics may have matched the position, I didn't match the company culture. If you are someone who can follow the rules 100% and speak when you're told to speak, then this internship is perfect for you. My suspicion is that the culture is probably positive around peers and managers but that it would be wise to put on your robotic personally when you're in front of a senior personnel. Otherwise, the idea of working 60+ hours with another company for lower pay with a better culture fit seems more pleasing.

Interview Questions

• Average interview questions, its just a matter of trying to finish the interview as soon as possible so that you can exit the room.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

Having talked with a manager trainee, as well with other employees, I was told that ALDI is not the best at getting back to you quickly, and that the key was persistence. And persistent I was, with my having already applied for this position 4 times.

All 4 times were hiring events. The first 3 were at different stores. They were quick in-and-out things where the person collecting applications asked only 3 questions:

* Do you have a high school diploma?
    * Do you have a reliable means of transportation?
    * Do you understand what this position entails?

No one seemed to care that I already had my application pre-printed and filled out, or that I had included a resume.

The 4th hiring even was different. That was held at banquet/conference room on the top floor of a local Marriott. At this event, candidates were shown the company's benefits information (which we could not keep), a where a recruiting rep had 5 to 6 people gather around the table as she collected applications, talked about the company, and asked if we had questions.

In all 4 cases, I never received an opportunity to take this process to the next level, despite the different application strategies I've used. I have my speculations, but prefer to keep them to myself as I have no concrete way of substantiating them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a high school diploma?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ALDI (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Was in stockroom and employee came in to grab stuff and start knocking things around which was uncomfortable. Behavioral based questions. Your basic interview. Nothing too special just know about the company and be able to sell your experiences.

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment do you want to work in?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Ellyn, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Glen Ellyn, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Attend a hiring event and turn in an application to hiring manager or fill one out there. Then answer a question that is asked by the hiring manager. Then they tell you that they will can you in seven to ten business days.

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Batavia, IL).

Interview

You will do a minimum of 3 face to face interviews. You will have two separate interviews with Buying Directors and the last interview with one of them and their boss.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about your organizational and multi-tasking skills. If you don't have them, don't apply. You will need them for this job.   Answer Question

Cashier/Stocker HIRING EVENT REVIEW Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The event was from 10am to 2pm. There were two managers sitting at a table with applications and pamphlets regarding their expectations. I showed up a little before 10am, two other people decided to do the same.

Interview Questions

• After reading the pamphlet provided, they asked, "Are you able to perform all of the tasks that you read about? Do you have any questions?" That was it. I expected the event to be a little more lengthy, but due to there being 2 other people behind me they might have cut it short in order to speed things up, possibly to look over the applications given to them. They have had their sign up for months and they might have quite a few applications to look over.   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawano, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Shawano, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a "meet and greet" to drop off the application. The employee did not even introduce herself. I was expecting this to be more professional; I was not pleased with this aspect. When I heard it was a "hire event," I was actually expecting an interview. I wish I had known about the Glassdoor website prior to me going to apply; it would have been beneficial to know how their process works.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the job requirements?   1 Answer