ALDI Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALDI Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at ALDI

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Murfreesboro, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

I've always wanted to work for Aldi but I could never make it to the Hiring Event. So finally i just took my application I printed offline to my local Aldi, just two days after the Hiring Event I missed. A week goes by and I forgot all about it and I'm asked to come in for an interview the following week. On the day of, I was sure to arrive 10 minutes early where the District Manager came to greet me into the office. Immediately i got comfortable as he asked me to tell him about myself like my intrests abd hobbies. He went on further asking about my previous jobs. I verified basic things address phone numbers. The interview lasted 10 minutes or less and he said he would see if he could set me up a second interview with the Store Manager. Same day i had a second interview with the store manager . He liked me snd made the call. When i left there an hour later I was offered the job. I accepted gladly. Following friday i took my drug test and now im awaiting Orientation! !!!!

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Aldi?   Answer Question
  • Name a time when a customer was upset, how did you solve the problem and what steps did you take to solve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied at job fair and got call back next day offering interview but group interview. I was kind of nervouse but I figured in that position i will be good at

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ALDI (Saint Charles, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

I attended the hiring event. There was a long line of people holding applications in their hands. You can complete it there but it's suggested that you bring a completed one with you. You stand in line, waiting your turn to hand your app and/or resume to one of the 5-6 interviewers. Once it's your turn, you will only talk to one of them. This process was just standing up, face to face. He/she will ask 3-4 questions. Then, they told me they would call within a week if they would like an interview. I asked what were they looking for in a candidate. His answer was vague and simple. He said they will base it on the interaction during that meeting there and look at the resumes. Also, I noticed that there were different piles where they would place the apps. He said in order to check on the status of your application you can visit any Aldi location. To me, it was a waste of time at the hiring event. I'd rather go directly to the store location to apply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waynesburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALDI (Waynesburg, PA).

Interview

After handing in a paper application, I went to the requested face-to-face meeting/interview with the regional manager -- then had to fill out ANOTHER paper application while I was there (I didn't bring any of the details I had written on my job application -- because I didn't think I would have to fill out another one at the interview) and wait in line.... for him to take the second application, ask me what hours I was available (which is ON the application BTW), never asked my name or told me his name, and then shuffled along to the next person. All in all, rude and arrogant.

Interview Questions

• What hours I would be available.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

easy. straight forward and to the point. be open and honest and everything will turn out well. the management for aldi are very understanding. just be truthful with what you need and what you are looking for

Interview Questions

• availability and if you have a ride or not to get to work. why you want to work there? the regular working interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Florence, SC) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process wasn't bad. The hiring manager was very understanding. She took the time out and was very nice during the interview process. That was one of the best interview processes that I went through.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the event you have a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Concord, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

Go to an open I terview, they give you a call back, meet with store manager do a walk through(store manager show you the store and explain the position and then you ask any questions you may have). You do well with the store manager they give you a ca'll to do drug screening,background check. Great overall experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a difficult customer and what did you do to handle or difuse the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

Went to hiring event, was asked to fill out form and asked a couple of simple questions. I was told I would hear back in about 5 days if they're interested, never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work at any time of the day and perhaps overtime?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI in June 2016.

Interview

Went to a job fair and was contacted the next day to set up an interview. Went to the interview which only lasted about 10 minutes. They said they'd call back the next day if interested, but they never did.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw your coworker stealing money?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if you saw your manager stealing money?   Answer Question
    • someone comes in and says that the plums they bought taste bad, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if you asked for a day off, but your manager never issued your request?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Saw an ad for a hiring event near me and attended. I turned in my application and they asked me simple questions like if I could lift 45 pounds and perform the duties of the job and then they said I would receive a call back if they were still interested.
    A week later I got the call to have an interview with the district manager at a nearby store. The interview was about 30 minutes and they wanted all my job history, reasons for leaving, why I wanted to work for Aldi and also educated me on the benefits and pay. He let me know I would be getting a call back for a second round interview.
    About 3 days later I received a call for my interview at a different store with their store manager. This interview also lasted 30 minutes and she asked similar questions to the first. She explained her expectations of her crew and then took me around the store and explained operations. At the end she told me I'd receive a call the same day for my final interview.
    I had my final interview with the district manager and this process was about an hour. He asked different questions about theft, drug use, availability and why I deserve the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.