ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017
1,342 Interview Reviews

2.7

Graduate Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Thorough process that had 4 stages, from initial telephone interview through to group assessment. At the assessment we had to present our feedback from a store walk and what we had noticed. This seems to be a way for Aldi to mine ideas from candidates and steal their IP. You mustn't be afraid to talk over other people as the more abrasive people seemed to get further.

Graduate Program Interview

Interview

Online interview was relatively straight forward, very unconventional behavioral questions, but was fun.

Online testing was old, and outsourced to an agency, so the test was outdated - very similar to other tests available online.

Online tests also had a personality test, but im not sure how important that was.

Corporate Buyer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Batavia, IL).

Interview

Lengthy, challenging, and ultimately....a waste of time. A recruiting agency received my resume and contacted me. I did a short phone interview with their recruiter and then submitted results of a wpm typing test. I was then scheduled for a Skype interview which is when the recruiter finally told me that the position was not actually for a technology company (like I was led to believe) but instead for Aldi corporate. The Skype interview went well and I submitted my resume again via a secure portal and filled out applications for both the recruiting agency and ALDI. I also consented to a background check. My recruiter told me to set aside about 2 hours in order to go through a series of online assessment tests (math skills, reading comprehension, wpm again, Word, Excel etc) I did so on a Thursday and since the tests were challenging I took my time before selecting each answer- especially since I was not allowed to go back and change my answers. There was no time limit but of course my results would record how long I took. I was told that Aldi did not require these tests per se but that it was helpful in proving my strengths and vetting me as an applicant. I was eventually told that I did very well on all of my tests and that Aldi would love to do a phone interview with me. My phone interview took place on that following Tuesday and seemed to go very well. I was very prepared and my recruiter told me what to expect. The interviewer seemed cold but optimistic. I was told to expect a response within two days max. It was an entire week later that my recruiter finally notified me that Aldi was no longer interested in me as an applicant because while I scored very high I also took my time in completing the tests (less than the recommended 2 hours!). My recruiter communicated that they were confused with Aldi's reasoning and that they were even disappointed because they thought I was a great candidate and very qualified for the job and most of all- timing was NOT part of the grading scale for the tests. This entire process has become a giant waste of time and I should have never agreed to take these tests. I completely understand if they decided I wasn't the right person for the job or someone else was just a better fit but if that decision was REALLY based on my test results then why did they move forward with a phone interview almost a whole week later??? I would have loved some real and honest feedback instead of some poor excuse that makes no sense. Clearly, there's another unspoken reason as to why I wasn't considered any further....

Trainee Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atherstone, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Atherstone, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

First of all, long. I first applied to the role in November 2016, completing five stages throughout the process until my final interview in April 2017. The company expect you to put a lot of time and money into this application and given the rewards you are happy to do so. However, following the final interview there is no feedback given at all - you don't even get a call to say you have been unsuccessful, just a very short email! I noticed on here that there is little information on what to expect at the final stage interview with the regional director so the questions i have included are some that I can remember from there. Overall, they want to get to know the individual more so than focus on commercial aspects, although that is included, so be prepared for both. I am aware that depending on the area applied to the final stage can vary quite a bit but i heard it is generally asking questions about you rather than the company.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from any other candidate at this stage?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 20 years time? (If Aldi wasn't an option)   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between management and leadership?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply to the role, and also Aldi?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you have had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Store Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI in March 2017.

Interview

It took around a month for Aldi to reply to my initial application. The offered me an interview on a Sunday but as I already have a Sunday job I am committed to I was unable to make that date and rescheduled for the following Monday.
    I arrived a little early and was left waiting around an hour with 2 other applicants. When one of them went to complain about how late it was getting we were told there were not interviews scheduled in that store for that day - and were we sure we weren't supposed to be in another store? 45 mins after my interview was scheduled for I received an email telling me my interview was cancelled. They tried to reschedule for a Sunday which I said I couldn't do...then they tried to reschedule for the following Sunday. So it all seemed incredibly unorganised to me. I was disappointed with the experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Liverpool, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The first section of the interview process is very long there were alot of question which almost made it off putting to apply for, then there was a maths test as well as competency based questions

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

I did the online application and then got an email inviting me to complete an online video interview within 7 days. The video interview you had 3 questions to answer, one minute to consider your answer and 2 minutes to record your answer. I found it difficult to think on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific occasion where I demonstrated integrity and professionalism   2 Answers

Graduate Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

5 stages:

- Online Application
    - 3 x online tests
    - Video Interview
    - Group Assessment
    - Final Interview with Regional Managing Director

I am yet to complete the final interview but have been invited to do so in a few weeks.

The interview process is tough, but proper research and preparation will take you far.

If you get to group interview stage, remember that you're not in competition with the other people! You could all get the job and none of you could. It comes across if you're trying to out smart the others and it doesn't bode well for you. That said - make sure you stand out for the right reasons.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time where you have shown true dedication.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Norcross, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I attended a job fair where I had my resume and application already printed, however they provide the application on site. I had a two minute interview and was never called. I tried a second time with the same skills and got a call back for a group interview. The group interview was a tour and quick group questions like "why Aldi?". If you make it out the bunch they text the next day to set up an interview with a store mgr. the store mgr interview is typical, your strengths, and about your past experience. If the store mgr wants you at the store the district mgr will call to set up another interview with you within two days. The district mgr interview will give you a chance to tell about yourself and set up the drug test/ background check... You basically have the job before you enter the district mgr interview they just want to get the other steps handled. Long process, but worth it.

Interview Questions

• Job fair has no deep questions besides why Aldi?   Answer Question
    • The group interview you should study the store online and impress them with comments during the tour instead of questions   Answer Question
    • The store interview is your typical interview. Tell me about past jobs? Why Aldi? Are you prepared for Aldis work load?   Answer Question
    • District manager wants to be casual and feel your personality. How would you handle the line being backed up, but a customer needing help finding an item and you're the only one on the floor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job fair seems laid back, however they really want the first impression to be well dressed and have a good resume because they only speak to you for two minutes and don't ask much but tell a lot

Buying Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Batavia, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Long and exhausting process. One or two phone interviews, in-person interview with two buying directors, then pre-employment assessment test, then final interview again with two buying directors. All of that just to receive "we will not be extending an offer to you at this time" letter a week later.

The entire process took 1.5 months with 1.5-2 weeks in between each step.

I wish they just said no to me in the very beginning and did not drag me through an interview process. Such a waste of time and energy.