ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017
1,317 Interview Reviews

2.7

Deputy Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Sent application in on a Saturday night one week later on a Sunday received information to have an interview the following Friday. With a area manager who was nice but spoke very fast it was over quick standard questions about me as a person and work history the on the Sunday after the interview I was asked to go to an assessment for two hours on the following Friday. I arrived waited around for twenty minutes then was ushered out into the store to look at the freezer section and then given someone to work with who was there like me to get a job. Then we were given two pallets worth of frozen products to put away as fast as possible. Not being told where or how we was supposed to do it. An assistant manager was supposed to be working with us but he spent the who time watching us on cctv apparently. Then the two hour assessment ended with NO feed back and I left. It was 8 or 9 days later I got an email to say I was unsuccessful with no option of any feed back at all. Poor organisation poor management no one knew what they were doing. Even if offered the job I would of turned it down. They basically got two hours free labour from the four of us that went to the assessment.

Interview Questions

• What have you done before.
      Tell me about you.
      Put some tins in a box and take them out again.
      For speed purposes.
      Then a maths question. All basic stuff.   Answer Question

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stourbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Stourbridge, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position of store assistant and the first was a series of online questions, some basic maths and situational questions, all of which were multi choice.
    Within a few days I received an email inviting me to an individual assessment. This consisted of an interview with the area manager during which I was given another 10 multi choice questions with 5 minutes to complete them. Just basic maths stuff again and being able to pick out correct barcodes and products.
    For a job interview it was fairly relaxed. I initially had to go through my life history and then I was asked why I wanted to work at Aldi, and what qualities and abilities I could apply to the role. There was also one scenario based question about a customer dropping some eggs on the floor and what you would do.
    Later that day I received an email inviting me to a store experience day. Mine was a week later and consisted of 2 hours in my local store where I spoke to the manager, assistant manager, and worked with some of the staff doing various roles to see if it still appealed.
    Although I was told it may take a few days to hear if I was successful, I received an email with a job offer within hours.

Interview Questions

• After going through my life history I was asked why I wanted to work at Aldi and what skills and abilities I could bring to the role as I had no previous retail experience. Other than that it was a general chat and explanation of the role.   Answer Question

Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ALDI (Crystal, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

They ask a lot of questions they wanna know about what you do to get to know you and see where your mind is at appropriately. They care about you

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you should be qualified to be at this job?   1 Answer

Store Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied online and a month later was emailed to come in for a 20 minute assesment.
     The area manager asked me to tell her about my self (hobbies & what I am doing at the moment), what I know about the company, why I want to work for Aldi, how will I get there (bus,car etc).Also she asked would the contract hours be acceptable, am I flexible and can I do weekends as well. Lastly she asked me 2 situational questions.

Interview Questions

• A customer is paying for a ham and says she has been overcharged for it. You realise there are two sections for the hams; discounted and the non discounted hams and she has picked up the latter assuming it was on offer. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

First stage was a group interview. Area manager gave a tour of the supermarket and along the way asked what makes Aldi different from other supermarkets. After that we were brought into the back as a group and ask us to introduce ourselves and answered some questions.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALDI (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Started with an Online application which is rather lengthy took a couple hours to complete. Then was invited to a group asseasment over 10 people turned up. Sat around the table and was asked to answer few questions individually (name, stores you want to work in and tell us an interesting fact about yourslef). Availability sheet to fill out also asking avout contract you'd like/min-max hours.
    Manager asked a few group questions for us all to input, if you've read up on the company this is a good time to point out some key facts. A few people didn't give any input at all. You could tell who'd done their homework. I made sure to give some input although it is hard when around 7 people are all wanting to answer. Next was a Scenario task to complete in group and to to discuss. Followed by a 5minute 10 question multiple choice sheet. Was then told to check emails to see if made the next stage. The assessment lasted around 45mins although it was an hour's slot.
    Had email to say I'm unsucessful for next stage individual interview. Really unsure why as I feel the group assessment wasn't a very fair way to get to know people, especially when such a large group. I've relevant experience and ticked 90% of the availability for shift boxes. I must've done rubbish on the test although Im pretty sure my math skills aren't that bad! Apparently there was over 10+ jobs available at just one of the local stores. Each candidate in the assessment was there for a mixture of the 3 stores.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something intresting about youself.
      What makes aldi different to the other big supermarkets?
      Why does aldi pay a high wage?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Leeds, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online with a questiinaire and received an email for an interview a couple of weeks later to call me in for an interview. The interview was about 20 mins long with about 3 wuestions and a 5 minute maths test at the end which was just basic adding and subtracting

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valpo, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Valpo, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

First was the hiring event. It was two people sitting at a table in a store. You just handed in your application and they'd wave you away. I actually got a call back a couple weeks later for an interview. I accepted. I got there to learn that it was a group interview of eight. Which I was never told. Essentially a manager took us around the store. Told us a few things about the job and Aldi itself. Then asked us questions. Which you had to fight to answer basically. Half of the people kept saying they agree with the others, because if you didn't get called on first you were screwed on trying to come up with an answer that wasn't the same as the rest. At the end the manager told us we'd get callbacks within a week. It's been over a week and I never got a callback as the manager said would happen. I called for a follow up and the manager just hung up. I called back thinking it was a mistake and left a voicemail asking for a follow up. I never even got the decency of being told they're not looking anymore. I made myself stick out as much as I could. I was the first there. The first to answer every question he asked us about the store because I did my research. I even took notes in a large notebook about how the job would work. I am extremely overqualified in person and on resume. I even had a job that payed $4hr above what they start, before applying at Aldi. It's basically impossible to get a job at Aldi unless you know someone. One of the people I interviewed with in my group had a sister working at the store we were at. She immediately made it known and of course from then on the attention was on her. Every time we were asked questions she'd say 'yes I agree with..*whomever answered before her*'. And she is already in training. Like I said. You basically have to know someone to get in. The hiring process is unprofessional and grossly discriminatory.

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI in July 2017.

Interview

Firstly there was an online test to checck our your level of customer service. After about 2 months I was e-mailed asking to attend an interview with the Area Manager. I had the interview and 5 hours later received an e-mail asking me to go in for store experience. I went to the store where I spent 2 and half hours unloading pallets, I was not shown the tills, cleaning, stock rotation or anything else. I only met the store manager briefly and she could hardly be bothered to make conversation with me and didn't even attempt to ask me any questions or get to know me. I received an e-mail 5 days later telling me I had been unsuccessful, which to be honest I was not surprised, even though I asked plenty of questions and worked really hard.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was the 5 minute test at the end with some simple maths questions, although I really felt the pressure because of being timed   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Croydon, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The store walk involved what it said on the tin, a walk around the store, but that was coupled with a set of questions about the store business model and what issues might occur which prevent the company from doing certain things or what things they were thinking of put in place. This store walk lasted about 15 mins and was then followed by a mini interview with the area manager

Interview Questions

• What makes you perfect for the role?   1 Answer