ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,313 Interview Reviews

2.7

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Temple, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Called me for a interview after a week of submitting online app, got called for an interview . Went in it was the store manager doing the hiring process than the next day the district manager came in and interviewed me as well.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lower Burrell, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Lower Burrell, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

A table was set up in front of the registers where applicants were lined up for a quick standing interview. One person was asking a few general questions while quickly reviewing the application. Another person was observing.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALDI (Union, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a first "Meet and Greet" interview in a store in union NJ. A few days later I received a call to set up an interview. The woman explained it would be a quick initial interview. I explained that I had already had an initial interview and that this would be a second interview. She said ok that is correct. I then met at a store in Bloomfield, NJ for the second interview. Halfway through the interview it became very clear that this was an initial interview. The two people conducting the interview had no clue that I had already met with someone else. When I had an opportunity to say that I had already interviewed with another person they scrambled a bit but it was evident they were clueless. A waste of my time. They need to get it together.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us.   1 Answer

Corporate Buyer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Batavia, IL).

Interview

Lengthy, challenging, and ultimately....a waste of time. A recruiting agency received my resume and contacted me. I did a short phone interview with their recruiter and then submitted results of a wpm typing test. I was then scheduled for a Skype interview which is when the recruiter finally told me that the position was not actually for a technology company (like I was led to believe) but instead for Aldi corporate. The Skype interview went well and I submitted my resume again via a secure portal and filled out applications for both the recruiting agency and ALDI. I also consented to a background check. My recruiter told me to set aside about 2 hours in order to go through a series of online assessment tests (math skills, reading comprehension, wpm again, Word, Excel etc) I did so on a Thursday and since the tests were challenging I took my time before selecting each answer- especially since I was not allowed to go back and change my answers. There was no time limit but of course my results would record how long I took. I was told that Aldi did not require these tests per se but that it was helpful in proving my strengths and vetting me as an applicant. I was eventually told that I did very well on all of my tests and that Aldi would love to do a phone interview with me. My phone interview took place on that following Tuesday and seemed to go very well. I was very prepared and my recruiter told me what to expect. The interviewer seemed cold but optimistic. I was told to expect a response within two days max. It was an entire week later that my recruiter finally notified me that Aldi was no longer interested in me as an applicant because while I scored very high I also took my time in completing the tests (less than the recommended 2 hours!). My recruiter communicated that they were confused with Aldi's reasoning and that they were even disappointed because they thought I was a great candidate and very qualified for the job and most of all- timing was NOT part of the grading scale for the tests. This entire process has become a giant waste of time and I should have never agreed to take these tests. I completely understand if they decided I wasn't the right person for the job or someone else was just a better fit but if that decision was REALLY based on my test results then why did they move forward with a phone interview almost a whole week later??? I would have loved some real and honest feedback instead of some poor excuse that makes no sense. Clearly, there's another unspoken reason as to why I wasn't considered any further....

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ALDI (Moreno Valley, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Met at an ALDI distribution center for a 4-hour long interview and information session. Myself and approximately 30-35 other applicants for the internship were given a presentation on the company, a tour of the distribution center, and a Panera Bread lunch with ALDI District Managers who were available to answer our questions about the position. Each applicant was alotted one 15-minute interview with a company Director and had to answer four essays that were each a page long with questions such as "Why should ALDI hire you, What do you know about ALDI, etc". Some applicants were called back for two or even three interviews, and since I was not called back for a second and was rejected, I assume that applicants called back for second or third interviews were the ones ALDI was the most interested in. Overall a very nice experience with lots of learning and a good lunch although I did not get the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a large failure and how you handled that   1 Answer

Corporate Buying Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Batavia, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online, received an email about a week later from the HR department to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty straight forward approx. 20 min long where they went over the job description, asked why I had applied, etc. Next there were online assessments to complete. These were 4 online assessments, Word, Excel, Reading Comprehension and Typing, and these took just under 2 hrs to complete. Once these were completed I had an in-person interview with the two buying directors. Interview was business professional. The directors stated that this interview was an informal interview to get to know you. They read questions off a packet. The interview was around 30 mins long. I was really looking forward to the position and I had done extremely well on the online assessments. After about a week I got a generic no reply email from HR stating that they would not be extending an offer. They was no feedback as to why. The whole process took around 3.5 weeks. Considering that the HR recruiter was great on following up throughout the whole process I was disappointed that I was not giving a phone call or feedback regarding why the I was not extended an offer as this process was time consuming.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ALDI in May 2017.

Interview

Brought resume and application to a job fair where I met a regional manager. Just a quick intro and confirmation which location I was applying for and my availability. The next day the store manager called and scheduled a walk thru. I met with him and about an hour after I left the district manager scheduled an interview. He inquired about my employment history, and asked if I had any questions about the position. He asked me what I thought an opening shift entailed and what the company expected of its employees. He then hired me, pending a drug test and background check. I filled out a bunch of paperwork, went to take the drug test, and a few days later received confirmation that I could start the following week.

MIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through an in-store career fair; lasted just a minute. this was more or less just an application collection. The same day I received a call back for a second interview (group interview)about 10 days from the initial, this was the entire applicant pool from associates and shift managers to manager trainees; this one lasted less than an hour including a store tour. I received another call to meet with the store manager for an interview. Upon completion of this interview I received another call back to meet with the DM; this was approx 40 minutes and upon completion I was told my application would be passed along to the regional director and if they deemed fit I would have a call back by the end of the week. Three days later i received the call back for an interview at the corporate office. total time between initial career fair and interview w/regional director 50+ days

Interview Questions

• what was the most physically demanding job you've held?   1 Answer
    • during the group interview they asked what makes their stores different   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I was called for interview with district manager he seem very pleasant he asked a lot of questions mostly pertaining to work experience and making sure you understand that this is a fast paced job. After the district manager interviews if interested will call for second interview with store manager and show you around the store.

Interview Questions

• what do you think about working in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Interview

After seeing a posting on one of the job search sites, I arrived at a hiring event to deliver my application. They asked me if I was applying for part or full time and why I wanted to work for Aldi. It lasted less than two minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aldi?   1 Answer