ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017
1,317 Interview Reviews

2.7

Store Associate Interview

Interview

After seeing a posting on one of the job search sites, I arrived at a hiring event to deliver my application. They asked me if I was applying for part or full time and why I wanted to work for Aldi. It lasted less than two minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aldi?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

So far I'm in the 1st stage of the 3part interview process. I went to a hiring fair on 4/4/17. They basically had us fill out an application and once we turned it in we were asked could we do the duties listed on the app. I said yes and was told If they were interested they would call back within a week then I left. I received a phone call for my 1st interview 2days later and missed the call. I was bummed out b/c I called back the next business day left a voicemail and heard nothing back that day. Lucky for me they called again that following Monday and we schedule my interview for that Wed 4/12/17. It was a one on one and it lasted about 30 mins. I feel pretty confident in how it went I'm currently waiting to hear something back fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for aldi's?   1 Answer

Shift Leader/Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Murfreesboro, TN).

Interview

Hiring job fair, if you pass that, they call you back to speak with DM (1wk wait for my situation), called back after a week for personal interview with store manager, took another week to wait and here, then offered job..

Interview Questions

• Best quality and worst quality about yourself   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ALDI (Trenton, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I was asked 2-3 questions, that prompted more questions based upon my answers. This was a pre-screen process, not the actual interview. I was somewhat offended that I was not called in for an interview. He said you will be called within a week and if you make it through the final cut we will call you if not we will be filing your application in the trash. The gentleman interviewing me was fairly young and had much less retail/supermarket experience than me.

Interview Questions

• #1 Can you life 50lbs?   1 Answer
    • #2 What can you tell me about ALDI?   1 Answer
    • #3 Questions about availability.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied through a career fair at my university and was invited to attend a "dinner", it's not a dinner but rather only finger food. They talk about the position and pay attention so you can have questions for the next day. The next day I had a one-on-one interview with the VP of the area. It was a very quick interview 10-15 min and most of it was them asking questions about the position. The questions he did ask me were about my resume so be ready to talk about it and try to turn it into something good for aldi. Heard back about a week later and was told i was invited for an on-site interview in O'Fallon, MO. Haven't gone yet.

District Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a preinterview dinner the night before where they told us about the company and allowed us to ask questions because we wouldn't have time during the actual interview itself the following day. It was a great way to hear more about the position and to get a chance to make an impression before the interview. The actual interview the next day was about 20 minutes long with one of the executives from the presentation the night before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Tulsa, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

Group interview where they take your application and ask you if you've read the job description. They make sure your contact information is correct before you leave. They will call you to be interviewed by the district manager at which point the district manager informs you, it can take up to two weeks for them to call you back to be interviewed by the store manager if you are selected to move forward.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Oxnard, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Career Fair. Waste of time. I thought there gonna be more serious process for choose the right candidates to the next interview. Unfortunately they just collect applications. They great and say goodbye. Thats all they do. I dont know why they do this but they waste other peoples time.
    This first step you could do just send an email or apply online, that would be the same result.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your application with you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI in April 2017.

Interview

Met an Aldi Recruiter at my Universities' career fair in which they told me about the 10-week summer internship position and what it entailed. I was invited by the Aldi representative to attending an informational dinner the following evening. The dinner had a presentation from the VP of the division as well as two DM of local Aldi locations. The presentation gives you all information that you need to know about the role and you can discover what they are looking for. TAKE NOTES the material they give is really helpful to know and will help in the later stages of the interview.

The day after the dinner I was invited to an interview with on of the District Managers. The interview was very straight forward, mainly explaining my CV and behavioral questions. Two days later I got an invitation to interview at the Aldi Regional Headquarters, which was two weeks away.

At the Regional Headquarters, I met other applicants and had to do a written essay. The questions were along the lines of 'what draws you to become a DM for Aldi' and 'why would you be a successful DM'. There were 30 minutes given to write both essays. After the essay, we all interviewed with three different Aldi employees, all at different positions. Questions were not too tricky. Remember one which was 'what is the biggest impact you have made on a project' the remaining questions were just going over CV. After the interview, we were given a tour of the distribution center then given a tour of an Aldi store. Two weeks later I was told I had the position, I started the position two weeks after receiving the offer letter.

Overall very professional interview process, very happy with the experience

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

In person screening before interview. i Listened to at least 8 different applicants answer basic questions, but I got asked only a couple of those with no more than a quick glance at my application. It was blatant age discrimination I'm in my 50's but look early 40's. I had more management experience of the kind they were looking and I was dressed more professionally - only 2 of us out of 15 had a suit on. My screening lasted under a minute. Others I saw lasted about 3 minutes. I had looked forward to an in-person screening as I feel I present well, but it was over so quickly, the screener skipping the questions like "can you move 50 pounds..." He looked at my job history for literally 1 or 2 seconds-no possible way he read anything, yet asked about which job was most like a grocery store. He seemed to feel obligated he had to ask something-anything. He did not say what the two screeners were telling everyone: how the process moves forward, when you could expect a call by, etc. he just completely blew me off immediately.

Interview Questions

• Which job that you listed on your application is most like a grocery store?   Answer Question