ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,435 Interview Reviews

2.7

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Easton, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

First interview was a job fair. Stopped by, gave a resume & application talk with interviewer about 10-15 minutes. Got a phone call the next day for interview the following week. Interviewed with Manager and it lasted about 30 minutes, very informative and positive interview. Answered a lot of questions, very knowledgeable. Got a phone call the next day for a 2nd interview with another manager. Interview was about 10 minutes, very short, not very open to discussion, definitely not a good vibe in the interview. Feel like I bombed it. Didn't get another phone call, instead I got a letter saying, "not at this time."
    1)Both interviewers were delayed 30 minutes late.
    2)Only did interviews on Mondays during the work day 9am-11am
    3)Didn't ask for references
    4)Even though my current company works with them, the store manager knew a lot about what we do. But the regional manager didn't know anything about what we do.

Interview Questions

• Screening question - Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
    • First interview - What does my current job entail?   1 Answer
    • Second interview - What is the best part of what I do now?
      What is the worst part of my job now? How would that change?   1 Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied through a job fair in March. Received a call to set up for an interview. Called the direct personal number of the Store Manager cause the Aldi number always refer one to their website cause there is no direct number. Called this Store Manager several times and left messages. No responses, so I went into that store and was able to nail down a time for the interview. Interview came. Felt like it was rush cause the Store Manager seem impatience and disinterested. Once interview ended, stated I would hear either way in 7-10 days. Never heard a word.

Office Administrator Interview

Interview

The hiring events are pointless. The 1 min time that you have to speak with a rep there doesn't allow a chance for them to get to know you. Either go in with a grand speech of why you want to work there otherwise, don't hold your breathe for a call back.

Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ALDI (Crystal, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

They ask a lot of questions they wanna know about what you do to get to know you and see where your mind is at appropriately. They care about you

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you should be qualified to be at this job?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waxahachie, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Waxahachie, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was very quick, and honestly we just talked about my personal life and what I do outside of work. I had two interviews, the first one with the DM in which the talking occurred and the second one with the Store Manager of the store at which I would be working. The second interview consisted of mainly a tour of the store which was when I was pretty sure I got the job.

Interview Questions

Interview

Three Part interview process with two district managers and the director of operations. Took a long time to get a response and the questions seemed rather trivial. I was told that I had too much experience for the District Manager Position and that I would be considered for the store manager position. Odd and backwards by most standards and I can only assume it is because the district managers are meant to strictly be mouthpieces for the company and are hired right out of college.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Lawrenceville, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Brought Application with me - down loaded from website. There were no chairs for you to sit down, if you wanted to fill-out the application there. 5 Interview Questions - I was told - will call you in a week!

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Waukesha, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

be calm what to say what you do how you approach the cituation be calm clean good refreance good resume good background very good work history a lot of experience in stocking shelves

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI in July 2017.

Interview

I applied and waited for two months before hearing anything from the company, even while I was working for them on a contractual basis during that time. The first interview was with a district manager in the same area as me. A few weeks later, I interviewed with one of the division's Directors of Store Operations. After waiting to hear back within the amount of time I was told, I received no response. I followed up via phone and was sent an email several hours later with a letter that there would be no continuation of interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee take $1 out of the cash register, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer
    • Would you have a problem firing someone? What if they were a single mom?   Answer Question
    • What are your top three strengths? Three areas of improvement/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Schaumburg, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process with Aldi is very thorough. First, you will attend a group type interview. If selected to move on, you will then be asked to return for a 1 on 1 interview with the the district manager. You will then be contacted to meet with a store manager for a 3rd interview if they decide to move forward. This process took over 1 month in my experience. Do your research about the company prior to the first interview, there is a big emphasis on your opinion of the company history and how you would benefit them by joining.

Interview Questions

• Why Aldi? What is it about the company that makes you want to work there?   1 Answer
    • What do you like most about working in retail, customer service environment?   1 Answer