ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017
1,193 Interview Reviews

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. It lasted approximately 30 minutes. The conversation did not flow as naturally as other interviews I had, but he covered all the basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was a time you made a decision, and later realized it was the wrong decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Fayetteville, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Bring your resume and expect to stand up and do a paper application. It an open interview which everyone get to listen to. The interview will last you about a minute to 8min. Very short questions and basics . For example why do you want to work for Aldi's? Are you looking for full-time or part-time?Which location do you want to work?

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Grand Prairie, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Aldi does not have their managers hire you. The only way you get hired is by going to their hiring fairs and being interviewed by the district managers. I was told by one aldi that they didn't have a job fair but then I went to another aldi close to me and turns out they did.
    I drove 30 minutes to the job fair for 3 stores. They only have the fair from 7am to 3pm. I handed out my application with a greeting and a smile. The woman then looked at my application real quick and then asked me a few questions. One which was my availability. I told her I got to school for 2 days in the morning but I am available for any other times. She wrote it all in a piece of paper then told me that they would call me in 2 WEEKS.
    I was pissed that I went through so much about finding out when the job fair was, driving 30 minutes, and getting ready for an interview just for her to say that they would call me in 2 weeks.
    I know they won't call me but I wished she wouldn't of wasted my time asking me those questions and I wished she was more honest.
    On the other hand she was nice but the other woman sitting beside her didn't even made eye contact with me and sat there looking like she was daydreaming.

Aldi District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Very basic behavioral interview. First round interview was 30 min basically getting to know you and your resume a little better. Final round interview was at a regional division and takes up most of the day. Again the interviews there were two 30 min behavioral interviews. Very stress-free interviews and more of a conversation than an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why did you apply for this internship? What experience have you had that can help you for this job? What makes you more qualified than other candidates?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Concord, NC).

Interview

If your picked they will txt call you if not you won't receive Anything or information. Actually went to two in a month hoping my chances will be better they were two different stores first store was crazy group interview 15 people and they only choose three out of all us. Second store interview there was bout 9 maybe and choose three I felt maybe they didn't choose me cause of my last interview I already had. Took bout two hours.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I applied online through my schools career website and received an invitation for an on campus Interview. The interview was about a half hour and straight forward behavioral based questions to get to know you. I received a second round interview to go to their distribution center and a store.

Interview Questions

• What was something you did that did not go as planned?   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Interview on campus following a informational meeting the night before. The interview was about 30 minutes long. Questions asked were behavioral and situational questions. The next steps following the campus interview is an interview at a diversion near you or one that they are interviewing for. I recommend reviewing your resume and come up with answers that will be used when asked situational questions if you were to become a district manager. Also, the more adaptable to different locations the better chance you have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Who are the top three most influential people in your life? Why?   1 Answer
    • What was the hardest decision you have had to make in your life so far and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Greenwood, IN).

Interview

There were over 100 students at the pre-night dinner. First round interview was one-on-one on campus. Consisted mostly of background and behavioral questions with a buyer who has been with ALDI for a long time. About a week later I got invited for second round in their corporate office in Greenwood, IN. There were 6 back-to-back, 15 minute interviews. They were structured, situational, and unstructured. Afterwards we got a tour of the office and warehouse and lunch. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. The process was intimidating but so worth going through. I received an offer exactly two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (New York, NY).

Interview

Email asking my college GPA then phone screen. I had a 2.85 undergrad but significant retail experience post-grad. The interviewer seemed to be rushing through it, lo and behold they had already mailed my rejection letter, post marked from the day prior... but apparently I'm the one too stupid to work for Aldi.

Interview Questions

• Why did you reach out to us? What would you change about your college experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Jefferson, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The overall interview process was a good experience but keep in mind that this company is definitely looking for a specific "type". ALDI explains this type as someone is a natural leader, organized, and assertive. Whether this "type" has anything to do with appearance or ethic background is debatable, but they are definitely looking for the best of the best. I will comment that I was the only non-white person interviewing past the first round. Also, while visiting the warehouse, I couldn't help but notice that all of the DM employees and upper-level management really lacked diversity. It is imperative that you are prepared and confident in every phase of the interview process.
    I applied to ALDI through my University career fair and go invited to the pre-interview dinner. The pre-interview dinner is required and they give you a lot of important information about the district manager position. They are extremely thorough with their presentation of the company and really emphasize the good aspects as well as the bad aspects of the position. The next day consisted of face-to-face interviews with current District Managers as well as ALDI VPs. During this interview, they are evaluating whether or not you fit the "type" that they are looking for. It is a behavioral based interview where you explain the items on your resume as well as leadership experience. Be confident about you endeavors and make yourself stand out. The interviewer will likely not show you much emotion and challenge you during this interview, so make sure you keep the energy high.
    About a week later, I received a call inviting me to the second round of the interview at the district warehouse. During this second round we met at a nearby ALDI location, did a tour of the store, and carpooled with the DMs to the district warehouse. Make sure you stand out as a leader and ask a lot of questions during this whole process. Once at the warehouse, you tour the warehouse, interview with multiple DMs and VPs and complete two written assessments on why you want to be a DM and why ALDI should hire you.
    If you make it past this round (I didn't), the job is basically yours. You will be contacted to shadow a DM and then meet with a VP to go over the specifics on accepting the job. You have to pass a drug screening and you will eventually start your "rewarding" (definitely lucrative) career with ALDI.