ALDI Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.5

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I applied at a hiring event. I filled out an application and had a short resume prepared. We waited in line until we were called back to meet with the store manager. This was a first line interview, so if selected at this point, I would need to be interviewed by the District Manager.

Interview Questions

• He asked about my previous employment history, whether or not I had reliable transportation, and why I wanted to work for their store.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Oldsmar, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Given one days notice. Interview at 6:00 am on a Saturday. I asked to reschedule because I was working that day, but they were adamant. I found the whole process unprofessional and I feel, looking back, that I should have refused. The interview questions were the usual unimaginative, "What's your biggest strength/weakness?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Easton, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

First interview was a job fair. Stopped by, gave a resume & application talk with interviewer about 10-15 minutes. Got a phone call the next day for interview the following week. Interviewed with Manager and it lasted about 30 minutes, very informative and positive interview. Answered a lot of questions, very knowledgeable. Got a phone call the next day for a 2nd interview with another manager. Interview was about 10 minutes, very short, not very open to discussion, definitely not a good vibe in the interview. Feel like I bombed it. Didn't get another phone call, instead I got a letter saying, "not at this time."
    1)Both interviewers were delayed 30 minutes late.
    2)Only did interviews on Mondays during the work day 9am-11am
    3)Didn't ask for references
    4)Even though my current company works with them, the store manager knew a lot about what we do. But the regional manager didn't know anything about what we do.

Interview Questions

• Screening question - Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
    • First interview - What does my current job entail?   1 Answer
    • Second interview - What is the best part of what I do now?
      What is the worst part of my job now? How would that change?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Website instructs you to go to an Aldi hiring event. This one was at an Aldi store; sometimes they are at hotels. I dressed business casual. Most of the applicants dressed casual to sloppily dressed. I waited my turn with the interviewer who just read a list of questions and took notes on my answers. He never looked me in the eye. I have great eye contact but he would never even know that. At the end, he said, "If we're interested, you'll hear within two weeks."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ALDI (Trenton, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I was asked 2-3 questions, that prompted more questions based upon my answers. This was a pre-screen process, not the actual interview. I was somewhat offended that I was not called in for an interview. He said you will be called within a week and if you make it through the final cut we will call you if not we will be filing your application in the trash. The gentleman interviewing me was fairly young and had much less retail/supermarket experience than me.

Interview Questions

• #1 Can you life 50lbs?   1 Answer
    • #2 What can you tell me about ALDI?   1 Answer
    • #3 Questions about availability.   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

Having talked with a manager trainee, as well with other employees, I was told that ALDI is not the best at getting back to you quickly, and that the key was persistence. And persistent I was, with my having already applied for this position 4 times.

All 4 times were hiring events. The first 3 were at different stores. They were quick in-and-out things where the person collecting applications asked only 3 questions:

* Do you have a high school diploma?
    * Do you have a reliable means of transportation?
    * Do you understand what this position entails?

No one seemed to care that I already had my application pre-printed and filled out, or that I had included a resume.

The 4th hiring even was different. That was held at banquet/conference room on the top floor of a local Marriott. At this event, candidates were shown the company's benefits information (which we could not keep), a where a recruiting rep had 5 to 6 people gather around the table as she collected applications, talked about the company, and asked if we had questions.

In all 4 cases, I never received an opportunity to take this process to the next level, despite the different application strategies I've used. I have my speculations, but prefer to keep them to myself as I have no concrete way of substantiating them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a high school diploma?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ALDI (Dayton, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Slam, bam, thank you ma'am. You show up at the hiring event, read a binder with Aldi info, and get a scripted, rapid-fire spiel about how your application and resume get passed along. A 45-minute drive to get less than 5 minutes of someone's time.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI in July 2016.

Interview

First step was a attending a hiring event. Called me two days later. Had a brief interview on the phone. Then set up second round interview for the day after. I am to meet an HR manager at a local branch for a 1:1 interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ALDI (Tulsa, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

A recruiter called me at work and asked if I would be interested in applying. They scheduled an interview for the next week. First interview was group and then a few were selected for 1 on 1 with dm. I wasn't impressed with interview process because I felt they were not able to answer the questions I presented. I have been with current employer for 10 years and decided it would not be the best career investment

Interview Questions

• What is biggest weakness   Answer Question
    • Where would ur most recent boss say you need the most improvement   Answer Question
    • Great challenge as a manager and told me that they noticed I had multi unit experience but they told me they do not usually promote within   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to make a hard decision   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to fire someone you didn't want to   Answer Question

The DM stated in the interview... I see you have muti unit experience but it is very rare Aldi promotes within. At that point I decided not to invest in the company

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I was been call and show up on interview with two stud-hist who are discriminated me and tel to me "You are very smart and over certificated candidate,give to as week and we will call you for second interview,but all is dirty lie ,they never contact me again.

Interview Questions

• how much experience I have in the retail/groceries store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Discrimination on base of not been natural born in the USA,and don"t to know somebody who will be yours Back Up.