ALDI Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALDI Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2017

2.6

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI in July 2016.

Interview

First step was a attending a hiring event. Called me two days later. Had a brief interview on the phone. Then set up second round interview for the day after. I am to meet an HR manager at a local branch for a 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ALDI (Tulsa, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

A recruiter called me at work and asked if I would be interested in applying. They scheduled an interview for the next week. First interview was group and then a few were selected for 1 on 1 with dm. I wasn't impressed with interview process because I felt they were not able to answer the questions I presented. I have been with current employer for 10 years and decided it would not be the best career investment

Interview Questions

• What is biggest weakness   Answer Question
    • Where would ur most recent boss say you need the most improvement   Answer Question
    • Great challenge as a manager and told me that they noticed I had multi unit experience but they told me they do not usually promote within   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to make a hard decision   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to fire someone you didn't want to   Answer Question

The DM stated in the interview... I see you have muti unit experience but it is very rare Aldi promotes within. At that point I decided not to invest in the company

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I was been call and show up on interview with two stud-hist who are discriminated me and tel to me "You are very smart and over certificated candidate,give to as week and we will call you for second interview,but all is dirty lie ,they never contact me again.

Interview Questions

• how much experience I have in the retail/groceries store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Discrimination on base of not been natural born in the USA,and don"t to know somebody who will be yours Back Up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Woodbury, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I went to a hiring event on a Thursday. Where i had a brief interview and they asked me basic questions. Can i lift 45 pounds, can i stand on my feet for long periods of time and do i have a high school diploma. I gave them my application that i filled out. ( make sure you print the application at home and fill it out beforehand) I was then told that i would hear from them no later then Monday and if i didnt hear from them by then, that they went in a different direction and good luck on my job search.

When Monday came I figured that they were going in another direction because it was 4pm and I hadn't heard from them. Then just before 5pm I recieved the call. They scheduled me for a 1 on 1 interview a week and a half later with a district manager.

When I arrived at my 1 on 1 the DM took me into the back for my interview. I was asked to go over the information on my application in regards to my current and past employment. The interview was very casual in my opinion. Dont get me wrong it was very professional but the DM made me feel very comfortable and at ease while answering there questions. I was asked why did i want to leave my current job and come work for Aldi. At the end of the interview i was asked if i had any questions for them which i did. I highly recommend doing your research and ask questions about the company. Do not only ask questions about pay and benefits but ask questions about where the company is going. Ask questions about your interviewer regarding how they like working there and how long they have been with the company. I feel as though the interview went very well. At the end of the interview I noticed that i had been in there for 1hr 20min which i take as a good sign since the time flew by and the interview was very educational for both parties.

I was told that they would get back to me in a week to week and a half and if they chose to move forward that they would set up a interview at there corporate office in PA.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current hob and come work for aldi?

What is a customer service issue you had and how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ALDI (Altamonte Springs, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I went to a "SO CALLED" hiring event. I just want to point out to Aldi generally a hiring event you actually do somewhat of an on the spot interview. I waited for a minute a younger girl came out of an office, she said full-time is 5am-11pm do you have a problem with that?, I said no. She said do you have a high school diploma? I said I have a GED. She said ok well we are just taking up applications if we want to go further with you then you will receive a call.

Interview Questions

• Full-time is 5am-11pm, do you have a problem with that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I took my application and resume to hiring event at a hotel on a Saturday. I was told if they were interested I would receive a call within the next week. I was called the following Monday for an interview with two District managers. I met with the two them who informed me that if they were interested that I will receive a call by the end of the week. I was called back for a second interview the next day. and now I am waiting on a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prior Lake, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Prior Lake, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Took over 3 weeks. I met 6 different employees of Aldi at 4 different locations and each spoke differently of the company and how things are run.
    It was a bit frustrating ,wondering and waiting .. But it all worked out and I found a job elsewhere for a higher salary!

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Very basic questions, nothing any professional wouldn't be prepared for. Just focus on selling your previous success and what your aspirations are. They really focus on making sure you know about Drug testing and background checks before formally offering the position as they don't want to put themselves into a legal nightmare

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous employer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Honestly, for such a well respected company the interview process was neither informative, nor effective. You basically show up for a cattle call with 100s of people and get interviewed for about 90 seconds. Especially when applying for any kind of supervisory position, this weeding out process seems woefully inadequate. I prepared a resume and cover letter specific to Aldi that the interviewing manager wouldn't take. He said, "we use the application." Well, thanks. You definitely got the "don't call us, we'll call you" feeling from the process. Qualified, interested, and took the time to prepare and dressed the part, but it was not necessary because the interviewing managers were clearly just going through the motions to get through the lines of people. I think a more effective solution would be to have separate lines or stations depending on the position you are applying for. Yes, everyone pitches in to get the job done at Aldi, but clearly there are some defined roles that are different. Asking the same basic questions of a cashier applicant as a management applicant seems, at best, inadequate. I would certainly want to know more from an applicant who desires to run a store or get into district/area management, than someone looking for a part-time job at a good starting hourly rate. Had much higher expectations.

Interview Questions

• The manager trainee needs to be available during any and all hours of operation. Would you be able to commit to this schedule, even if it were different from week to week.   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI in December 2014.

Interview

I attended a hiring event and although I did know what to expect, I was somewhat disappointed. After completing the application as required, I waited in line to speak to the one and only company representative. I was asked a short series of standard, boiler-plate questions (pretty much the same for every position) and was told if there was interest I would be contacted within 2 weeks. I offered my resume which was accepted but was told the application would be the main document reviewed.