ALDI Interview Questions in South Bend, IN | Glassdoor

ALDI Interview Questions in South Bend, IN

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Associate/Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (South Bend, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

I went to the hiring event with my application already filled. I was greeted by the District Manager who asked basic screening questions: can you perform the essential functions of the job? Do you have a high school diploma or the equivalent? He told me that if I was considered, I'd be contacted in a week. I was called a couple of days later and had my first interview. This is the getting to know you interview, what do you do when you're not working, why are you looking for another job? Things like that. I was asked a lot of "mental" questions though so be ready for those. It was at this interview that I would potentially be going through a three round interview process. My second interview would be with a store manager going through the day to day operations of the store. My third would be a final "Let's make sure we're making the right choice" interview. When it was over, I got the same "We'll call you in a week if we want to advance". I got that call another couple of days later. This interview was actually my third round interview because the district manager was taking a few days vacation and he didn't want to hold up the hiring process. This interview wasn't difficult, but it's definitely personal. I was asked about past drug use, theft, shift availability. When that interview was over, he immediately scheduled me for my final interview with a store manager. This interview was not difficult either and the manager will take you around the store and let you know what's expected of you. They get a delivery truck every day of the week and you're expected to clear a pallet of goods in about 30 minutes. I felt pretty good after this interview ended, but I never received another call back.

Interview Questions

• Who would give a weak reference?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (South Bend, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university's career website. The night before the interview, I attended an information session dinner. The next day was the first round of interviews on campus. If granted a second round, Aldi will arrange transportation to the division warehouse where you will interview with several directors.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over somebody else applying for the position?   Answer Question