ALDI Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.4

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

It was three long interviews, they pry into your team work, and how hard you work. They make it very clear that you will be pushed hard and work very hard. They also want to know that you can delegate very well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you ran your last team and what were the pros and cons.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

There were allot of people, waited 45 minutes to be interviewed. The ask direct question, you must answer quickly and accurately. It's easy going yet slightly intense. The first interview is in the middle of the store. It's one on one but there are people interviewing with others right next to you. Do your research and know how to plug your research into answers

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied through a job fair in March. Received a call to set up for an interview. Called the direct personal number of the Store Manager cause the Aldi number always refer one to their website cause there is no direct number. Called this Store Manager several times and left messages. No responses, so I went into that store and was able to nail down a time for the interview. Interview came. Felt like it was rush cause the Store Manager seem impatience and disinterested. Once interview ended, stated I would hear either way in 7-10 days. Never heard a word.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was held in a nice hotel's conference room. You wait in line for two people collecting your resume, answering any questions and giving some general info, and sending you on your way. There are also resumes there to fill out if you did not bring your own.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware of the hours required for this full time position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

In person screening before interview. i Listened to at least 8 different applicants answer basic questions, but I got asked only a couple of those with no more than a quick glance at my application. It was blatant age discrimination I'm in my 50's but look early 40's. I had more management experience of the kind they were looking and I was dressed more professionally - only 2 of us out of 15 had a suit on. My screening lasted under a minute. Others I saw lasted about 3 minutes. I had looked forward to an in-person screening as I feel I present well, but it was over so quickly, the screener skipping the questions like "can you move 50 pounds..." He looked at my job history for literally 1 or 2 seconds-no possible way he read anything, yet asked about which job was most like a grocery store. He seemed to feel obligated he had to ask something-anything. He did not say what the two screeners were telling everyone: how the process moves forward, when you could expect a call by, etc. he just completely blew me off immediately.

Interview Questions

• Which job that you listed on your application is most like a grocery store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Buffalo Grove, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I completed a job application prior to my arrival. I presented it to a very dis-interested young woman who asked me if I was there for the open house. She conducted a 45 second interview at the checkout counter. I think it's rather insulting if you're asking an applicant to come prepared for an Open House hiring event to give them a bit more respect for the time they spent in preparing and driving to the location. Second, I wonder why you don't wouldn't consider individuals who not only have more life experience let alone work experience to be candidates for your District Manager positions?! I find it odd that you would not be interested in someone who has more experience especially when they've operated a business that's open 24/7 as I have for the last 15 years.

Interview Questions

• The only question they asked was why the change from hospitality to retail?   1 Answer
    • I would ask Aldi, how can you hire people fresh out of college to fill such a pivotal role as a District Manager? They set the tone for the store operation and are the leaders. You mean to tell me there aren't other capable people out there that have the experience, desire and knowledge to perform the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (South Windsor, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

You have a phone interview with the Recruiter then a call and physical interview with the district manager. You then go and meet with a store manager to walk the store. About two weeks later you get a call from the D.M to meet with the R.V.P. Once that's done they send you back to the D.M for a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellmawr, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Bellmawr, NJ).

Interview

Employee referral. First interview with district manager went great! 1hr and 30mins long. Waited 2 weeks for a call for 2nd with another district manager and a director. They had other interviews so felt rushed and lasted 20mins. Both very hard to read. Told if I got a call by 5pm the next day I would go on to my final. No call received.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your job history   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florissant, MO

Interview

Went to hiring event, I came with my application and resume. Answered two questions from recruiter. Recruter told me they would be in touch. Got a call the next day for interview with District Manager

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Keene, NH) in August 2016.

Interview

Received call after submitting my application at a job fair and set up a date for in person interview.

Had me sit under a light and not at a table so I could be nervous and he could see how I do under pressure.

Quick questions.

Interview Questions

• Start from the beginning of your working career and tell me every job you've ever had.   Answer Question