ALDI Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.5

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

It was three long interviews, they pry into your team work, and how hard you work. They make it very clear that you will be pushed hard and work very hard. They also want to know that you can delegate very well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you ran your last team and what were the pros and cons.   5 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Tuscaloosa, AL) in December 2017.

Interview

I went to a job fair they were having at a local hotel conference room. They had tables with application on them and a line waiting to speak with a woman sitting at a table. I came prepared with my prefilled application and a resume and went straight to the line. You could hear her asking basic questions like:
    Are you available full time or part time?
    Schedule restrictions?
    Why Aldi?
    Why did you leave your last job? Etc...
    When I spoke with her she did go into a little bit more detail because I was applying for a management position. Wanted to know about my management experience. How many people I managed. What type of retail was it? It was basically a screening. I asked a few questions and she told me I should hear something in the next week. She called me that night and asked me to come to the store the next day. Once there we met and did a "get to know you" type of interview. We also talked about benefits, pay, expectations, etc. Once that was over she asked me to wait around on the manager. Once he came and got me, we walked around the store he showed me day to day type of operations, then we went into a full blown interview with detailed questions while we were walking around. He was awesome. They have more interviews next week so I should get an answer after that. I'm feeling confident. It seems like a super fast paced environment and that is something I am looking for.

Interview Questions

• What do you think our management style here is by looking around?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monaca, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Monaca, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I attended a hiring event at an ALDI store. They had a small table set up with information and applications near the entrance for people to fill out. No one was attending the desk when I arrived so I had to have a worker find the manager to take my application. I had my application already filled out along with a resume, which they declined to accept. They asked me a few general questions pertaining to the position I was applying for and said they would call the next day if they were interested.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI in October 2017.

Interview

Open interview. Arrived at 7 am. Didn't want my resume. Handed them filled out application. Asked what store was closest to me and if there were any other stores I was interested in. Said the would call by the end of the next day to set up an interview. Never received a call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I drove one hour to what was considered a job fair. (In reality, it was merely a drop off your application or resume) A quick "this is all we are doing today, thank you" was my total experience for this. I did receive a call for an interview two weeks later and drove another hour for this interview. It was by far the worst interview I believe I have ever had. After the initial hello's, it seemed like I was questioned about my ability to do the job, the fact that I had a bachelor's and 28 years of managerial experience did not seem to even be considered and I, almost felt like, the minute the DM saw that I was older, hispanic, with a degree gave me the sense that she had preconceived idea about me. I asked about the DM program and was told that it was a long process for in-store personnel. Although ALDI has both an DM in training program as well as a internship program. If you do not go to A&M or UT or UofH. You will not be considered for anything such as this. I was told you have to have a Bachelor's degree in Business and at least a 3.5GPA, none of which is stated on their website. (By the way, I have a Bachelor's of Fine Arts and I graduated with honors with a 3.69 GPA) But I truly felt like since i was older and not the right color, I felt like I would not belong. Sure enough, this DM never called me back.

Interview Questions

• We have a lot of work that is done on a given truck day. Are you sure you will be able to do the work? (i replied "yes" I have worked for many companies where unloading and stocking a truck was common place) I was once again asked... "Are you sure you can do the work?"   Answer Question
    • I was told that ALDI believes in being truthful and honest. I was asked, "Are you sure I will not find anything negative in your work history?" I replied "no" I was then told, "So I will not find that you had been terminated, fired or ineligible for rehire anywhere?" I stated "no" again. I was asked, "Are you sure?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Chattanooga, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

After going to a job fair where I submitted my resumé and was asked a couple basic questions, I was called a few days later and had a phone interview. After that, there were 4 more interviews with store managers and district managers. I also had a job shadow. These were each scheduled a few days ahead. I felt positive
    throughout the process and received great feedback. Each step I was told when to expect a call for reaching the next level. I was genuinely expecting an offer, but never heard back after the job shadow following my 4th interview. I even reached out to confirm if I was still being considered, but I never received a reply. Disappointing to spend over a month of my time without them having enough respect to call or send a denial message. I am over 40, so I may not have fit into their company culture of hiring recent college
     grads.

Interview Questions

• All sorts of questions about strengths, weaknesses, sales experience, and work goals were asked. Similar questions were asked at each interview.   Answer Question
    • They ask if you can work long hours and do strenuous lifting/moving.   Answer Question
    • Hours begin at 5am most stores. They inform you of no work/life balance for the first year.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

There were allot of people, waited 45 minutes to be interviewed. The ask direct question, you must answer quickly and accurately. It's easy going yet slightly intense. The first interview is in the middle of the store. It's one on one but there are people interviewing with others right next to you. Do your research and know how to plug your research into answers

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied through a job fair in March. Received a call to set up for an interview. Called the direct personal number of the Store Manager cause the Aldi number always refer one to their website cause there is no direct number. Called this Store Manager several times and left messages. No responses, so I went into that store and was able to nail down a time for the interview. Interview came. Felt like it was rush cause the Store Manager seem impatience and disinterested. Once interview ended, stated I would hear either way in 7-10 days. Never heard a word.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was held in a nice hotel's conference room. You wait in line for two people collecting your resume, answering any questions and giving some general info, and sending you on your way. There are also resumes there to fill out if you did not bring your own.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware of the hours required for this full time position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

In person screening before interview. i Listened to at least 8 different applicants answer basic questions, but I got asked only a couple of those with no more than a quick glance at my application. It was blatant age discrimination I'm in my 50's but look early 40's. I had more management experience of the kind they were looking and I was dressed more professionally - only 2 of us out of 15 had a suit on. My screening lasted under a minute. Others I saw lasted about 3 minutes. I had looked forward to an in-person screening as I feel I present well, but it was over so quickly, the screener skipping the questions like "can you move 50 pounds..." He looked at my job history for literally 1 or 2 seconds-no possible way he read anything, yet asked about which job was most like a grocery store. He seemed to feel obligated he had to ask something-anything. He did not say what the two screeners were telling everyone: how the process moves forward, when you could expect a call by, etc. he just completely blew me off immediately.

Interview Questions

• Which job that you listed on your application is most like a grocery store?   Answer Question