ALDI Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALDI Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Buffalo Grove, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I completed a job application prior to my arrival. I presented it to a very dis-interested young woman who asked me if I was there for the open house. She conducted a 45 second interview at the checkout counter. I think it's rather insulting if you're asking an applicant to come prepared for an Open House hiring event to give them a bit more respect for the time they spent in preparing and driving to the location. Second, I wonder why you don't wouldn't consider individuals who not only have more life experience let alone work experience to be candidates for your District Manager positions?! I find it odd that you would not be interested in someone who has more experience especially when they've operated a business that's open 24/7 as I have for the last 15 years.

Interview Questions

• The only question they asked was why the change from hospitality to retail?   1 Answer
  • I would ask Aldi, how can you hire people fresh out of college to fill such a pivotal role as a District Manager? They set the tone for the store operation and are the leaders. You mean to tell me there aren't other capable people out there that have the experience, desire and knowledge to perform the job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellmawr, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Bellmawr, NJ).

Interview

Employee referral. First interview with district manager went great! 1hr and 30mins long. Waited 2 weeks for a call for 2nd with another district manager and a director. They had other interviews so felt rushed and lasted 20mins. Both very hard to read. Told if I got a call by 5pm the next day I would go on to my final. No call received.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your job history   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florissant, MO

Interview

Went to hiring event, I came with my application and resume. Answered two questions from recruiter. Recruter told me they would be in touch. Got a call the next day for interview with District Manager

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Keene, NH) in August 2016.

Interview

Received call after submitting my application at a job fair and set up a date for in person interview.

Had me sit under a light and not at a table so I could be nervous and he could see how I do under pressure.

Quick questions.

Interview Questions

• Start from the beginning of your working career and tell me every job you've ever had.   Answer Question

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI in May 2016.

Interview

Very odd process. Replied to an ad. Immediately a screener emailed me to send my resume to her. After 9 emails inquiring if they had received my resume she replied ad aplolgized for not replying sooner. A gentleman called from that company and said if Aldi was interested they would be contacting me. Aldi called set a phone interview up. It lasted possibly 10 minutes. Asked simple questions. Was told if I did not hear from them by the end of the following week they had gone with other candidates. Received a call from a district manager for a 1 on 1 interview. This interview lasted 5 minutes. It literally was to see what color and age you were. The questions were the same already answered on the phone interview and could have easily been done over the phone. Was told I would be contacted in 2 days of they wanted to do another interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALDI (College Park, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at a open hiring event. There was a line but was moving fast. Two young people collects the resumes and ask simple questions like “why do you want to work for Aldi" . Never get called back even though my experience and education background surpass their requirement.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

Went to an ALDI hiring event. I would suggest that you have your application already filled out when you get there. You can find a PDF application on their website. They do not take resumes. There were many people struggling to fill out their application at the event. I walked in with mine already done and handed it in. Was asked a a few basic questions:
    Did I look at the job description?
    Did I have transportation?
    What days/hours could I work?
    They then said that they would call me if they were interested.

Interview Questions

• What days/hours could I work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Piscataway, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

I've interviewed twice with Aldi and I truly do believe they only want to hire younger employees. I interviewed w/ another candidate and the District Manager walked us through the store explaining how Aldi operates. At the end of the interview it was obvious the DM did not find me as a potential candidate. She told me if I didn't hear back from the company I should move on. Now the other candidate is standing right next to me and as we are leaving she calls the other candidate back into the room with her and I'm guessing she didn't have to wait until Friday. Either way I was totally turned off and I do believe as I mentioned earlier they only want young candidates. I do have experience and I am definitely not too old for any job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno, Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ALDI (Moreno, Riverside, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

My first connection was through a e-mail that was send to me by a screening company, that finds good potential candidates for Aldi that took a week. then they escalade the resume to Aldi if there interested they will give you a call to set up a interview. If you get Lucky you get a second interview where they tell you. will are going to make a decision by next week, so you get a thank you letter & says sorry but we are not interested on you good luck on your future job search.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

It was a 5 minute process. They took my application, asked me 3 simple questions and told me if they were interested in me they would call me back by next Friday. It was a good idea to already have an application ready. Also dressing professional helped.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for full time or part?   1 Answer
    • Do you have questions regarding the position?   1 Answer
    • You have a highschool diploma?   1 Answer