ALEKS Help Desk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALEKS (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Pros: salary range was up to 55K - reasonable for the title, yet not reasonable for "how busy they claim to constantly be". Office was clean and well kept. Was offered a drink when I talked to the COO. They offer decent benefits on paper, but I never did get to see the specifics. Heard they had a great kitchen for the employees, yet never got a tour or anything so I could find out.

Cons:

Told I would have an interview, showed up and it was an improptu test. Nothing like being deceived. The two gentlemen who introduced themselves to me, never bothered to give me a buisness card or even talked to me beyond telling me their names and roles. They simply tested me for about an hour or so. In the end, the tests were a waste of time (they didn't even read my resume, massive experience!). I was shown out the door afterwards with barely a "thank you". One of the most impersonal interviews I have ever been on.

Was invited back for a second interview, almost didn't go, but everyone told me I should, so I thought I would just go and see if things got better. Another waste of time, met with people who have NOTHING to do with the day-to-day operations of the position. Overkill! Why was I meeting a COO about a help desk position? Also, why did I meet with 5+ people over such a basic position? By this point, I already knew I wasn't interested in working here, but this was confirmed when EVERY single person I talked to just kept saying how "busy" it constantly is and how there isn't enough help. Nice! Nothing like telling the guy your interviewing that he will be subjected to more work than what one more hiree can handle. Good job giving your new prospect little hope the position will work out. Maybe you need to hire 2-3 more people? Just don't call me, I'm good.

Also, they knew I had a current job and my time was limited, yet both of these "interviews" could have been done on the same day. There was no good reason to force canidates to take multiple days off when one would have sufficed.

Interview Questions

• Was unemployed for almost 2 years (nearly a 99'er) during the "great recession". It was hard to find quality work (obviously) and I was drilled a bit too much on that I thought. Also, I am already doing the work they interviewed me for, why would they ask me if I "minded" doing it for them? Also, some interviewers repeated questions (and repeated "I don't want to ask you the same questions as the last guy").   1 Answer