ALK Technologies Interview Questions in Trenton, NJ | Glassdoor

2.5

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALK Technologies (Princeton, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

The process as a whole was very relaxed and it was easy to tell that the company had a relaxed and casual environment. I met with the manager of the GIS team looking to expand and the office manager who both asked similar questions. Both were easy to talk to and it was clear that the department was looking to expand and hire someone for the summer with significant GIS experience to allow the process to move faster to get the mapping software up faster.

Interview Questions

• The GIS team manager asked fairly mundane questions that could be answered by looking at my resume, but also asked me to walk him through a recent project that I worked on.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate the wage offered by ALK which was $13 per hour. I'm a student with undergraduate and graduate level as well as professional experience in the field with high understanding of GIS skills and capabilities and an undergraduate diploma. ALK refused to negotiate for a higher wage citing that the "casual atmosphere and experience" would add to the monetary compensation. I felt slighted by this and feel that the pay is far lower than it should be for someone with my experience and ability to jump directly into a project.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ALK Technologies (Princeton, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through referral. The interview was on-site, at Princeton. There was one test and 3 rounds of interview. The interview experience was great but once interview was done, the feedback was poor.

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALK Technologies (Princeton, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a standard interview with normal questions. It was an in person interview. There were two parts - one with the manager of a team and the other with an HR person. The process itself was very long. I did not hear anything for a few months.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ALK Technologies (Princeton, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Had to test my c++ skills and then had to meet with multiple people and a lot about algorithms and data structures. They asked a lot of tech questions like about databases and I had to write some of the answers down. They wanted to see how quick you where on your feet by giving hard questions and needed to know a lot about web development too.

Interview Questions

• What's the run time of a binary search tree?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALK Technologies (Princeton, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I received an email from HR a few days after applying and they scheduled a phone call to talk about my experience and background. This was about a 5 minute call. Next they invited me on site to take a written test in C++ which asked to debug sample code and implement a train tracker with a linked list. I was invited back for a technical interview soon after.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALK Technologies (Princeton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

It was pretty normal compared to most. You do get to talk to many people and get a feel for the work and the culture which is beneficial up front. They have you take a short coding test which is of average difficultly depending on your schooling. After that it's mostly technical discussion and your project/work history. No brainteaser type stuff so that's good.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALK Technologies (Princeton, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

1 Phone Interview. After that i was called on-site, where i had 4 face to face interviews - mostly with the senior developers of the company. The interview process was very friendly and all the senior developers are very helpful and help you out in case you screw up some of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Object Oriented Programming fundamentals, Data Structures - mainly related to C++, but you have the option of choosing your own programming language.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALK Technologies (Princeton, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

Brief over the phone interview, brought in for test then in-person interview. Coding test is simple C++

Interview Questions

• Question about using linked lists to implement a train tracker   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALK Technologies (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I interviewed for a C++ developer role. The process was very straightforward. After a brief chat with the HR person, you are invited in to take a short written programming test (about an hour or less depending on how quickly you finish) testing your basic understanding of the language and simple data strucutres. If you do well on the exam, you are invited back for a few interviews with technical staff. We mainly discussed my background and a couple of simple problems I might be faced with on the job and how I would solve them.

Interview Questions

• The written exam was pretty easy. One question was to find and fix all the errors in some code, and another was to implement a linked list.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't bother negotiating as I thought the salary was fair for entry level.

Marketing Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALK Technologies (Princeton, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

Sent my resume and a detailed cover letter directly to ALK's HR Manager. The next day I received an e-mail to schedule an initial phone interview. A day or two later, I spoke with the HR Manager. He asked the usual, basic questions ("Describe what you did in your previous role at..."), and then ended the conversation, asking about my salary history and expectations. When I asked about the next step in the hiring process, I was told I would be contacted shortly to come in for a face-to-face meeting. Sent the standard post-interview thank you. A week, and then two went by with no further communication despite the HR Manager specifically stating he would contact me to schedule a day/time for me to come in. Sent multiple follow-up e-mails every few weeks, and left him a few voice-mails (never, not-once answers his phone line). Never heard back. It seems a lot of individuals posting on this site have had similar awful, unprofessional experiences.