ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Field Operations Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in February 2018.

Interview

Because it is important to determine fit, I hoped to get to interview and meet several potential colleagues and that did happen throughout the process. Although the process did take time, it progressed as expected for a professional position and the hiring team kept me updated regarding next steps.

I did receive an offer and started as planned. It is truly an incredible mission with smart colleagues and everything I hoped for in my professional career.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview

Lengthy process with up to six [or more] interviews, most over phone and Skype. Often takes in excess of six months to hire. Very conversational and overall pleasant. Process is led by the local hiring manager, however interviews will be held through various levels of management across the country, generally ending with the VP or SVP at the National Executive Office in Memphis.

Interview Questions

• Heavily focused in behavioral interviewing. Lots of situational "tell me about a time when..." types of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They met my requested salary, so in my case there was no negotiation.

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. Heard back from the company within 1-2 days. Went to the in-person interview the following week. The interview was smooth and laid back. Interviewed with 3 employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team.
      Tell me about a time when you had to be creative to come up with a solution.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

10 minutes phone interview. This was very laid back and she made me feel comfortable the whole time. She asked about the experience at my previous internship, and my strengths and weaknesses. At the end of the interview, I asked her about 2-3 questions about the duties that the internship consisted of.

Internship Interview

Interview

They had not prepared questions, so the interview was unfocused. One interviewer abruptly walked out in the middle of the interview. The other interviewers were embarrassed and stunned silent for a few moments, but continued on. Clearly, the interviewers did not get along.

Interview Questions

I could sense tension among the women on the panel, and it made me apprehensive about what kind of environment I would be working in if I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a group of 3 people. It was a conversational interview. They asked questions about my work experience and knowledge of the organization. I was able to ask them questions. It was very important for me to have good questions to ask them.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most challenging assignments I've had in my work experience?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview

Received a phone call scheduling my initial interview three months after I applied. The interview went well (I thought) and they made a point of telling me they would let me know within the next week, as they had to have their decision into HR. Two weeks later I still hadn’t heard anything, so I sent a polite follow up email. Heard nothing. This is where things get bizarre....I then had an email from someone from a completely different department contact me about another position I hadn’t applied for. I really wanted to work for this company, so I thought, why not look into it. Was put into contact with someone higher up who asked if I wanted to discuss it seriously and then outlined the position for me. I literally had no background in that department or any experience, which I pointed out to them, and after that I decided not to pursue it. The whole thing made me very confused and it felt weird, because the second position people I talked to said they had been referred by the previous people I talked to...but one glance at my resume would let them know I wouldn’t fit that position. Extremely frustrating process, and disappointingly uncommunicative, unorganized, unprofessional from such a big organization.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was amazing! It took place in a conference room with the entire staff, which sounds intimidating, but was actually very fun and welcoming. Everyone asked their own questions - all were fair, characteristic based and interesting!

Interview Questions

• What was your related work experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a few weeks later. Because I was not in the location of the position, the next step was a Skype interview. I was interviews by two of the team members and they were both very nice. No oddball questions. Skype interviews are always a bit awkward, but the interviewers were very kind and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any unexpected questions. They mostly focused on experience, and it was difficult being a student to not supply responses related to school work as opposed to professional experience. Just use as many concrete examples of experience that you may have.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an unpaid internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was really disorganized. I had scheduled an interview and reconfirmed the time with the person I set it up with. When I showed up for the interview she was not there and no one knew that I was coming in for the interview. I was really disappointed in the way they handled the interview after.

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was thorough but not intimidating . We discussed the history of the company and the mission. I was asked about my presentation experience and leadership skills. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. I was able to meet my potential colleagues. I also was given an idea of the events and daily work life of the team.

Interview Questions

• What type of volunteer and presentation experience do you have   Answer Question