AMC Entertainment Film Crew Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMC Entertainment Film Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Carbondale, IL).

Interview

Submitted application online, gave me a phone screening, then called me in for in person interview. The in person interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. They asked questions about yourself, then questions about the stubs program.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits of AMC Stubs?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AMC Entertainment

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was in the process of finding a second part time job.

So my interview was for 6:30pm, I arrived a little over 5 mins early. I was given a stubs rewards pamphlet for me to memorize (if you haven't already, in which case I was more than prepared) and had you wait in an area for the Interviewer to arrive.

So the interviewer finally arrived and instead of going somewhere indoors to interview, we stepped outside and had the interview on a bench nearby. It gave off a relaxing vibe, which is great, but during this time of night, it was pretty chilly.

The first thing he asks is what my availability is like (which now I have to change). Then I was surprised at how many questions he asked me (about 7+??) and for the most part, I was prepared for it while a few caught me off guard. And oddly enough, they never asked me what my favorite movie was. But in the end, we did a little roleplaying where he pretended to be a customer and had me pitch the stubs rewards to him. Overall, I enjoyed my interview process with this manager because he gave off a very friendly vibe and was getting to know me while also interviewing me. He told me that if I got the job that he would give me a call tonight.

I received a call an hour after my interview to move on with the process. I haven't started my shifts yet but I am scheduled to go in two days from now to fill out paperwork.
    After that call, I received an email confirming of the scheduled time I need to go in (I said 10am but the email says 5pm) and also had me go through paperwork I needed to fill out online.

OVERALL, the interview process is easy. My advice is to study the questions you see on this site and you can easily get this job.

Anonymous Employee in Monterey Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Monterey Park, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First they called me and asked me a lot of dress code question like do you have piercings or tattoos. No crazy hair colors or hairstyles. After they invited me to an "info session" which is really a group interview. I got there and there was six of us. They had us memorize the stubs pamphlet and then they took us upstairs to one of the meeting rooms. In the group interview they only asked us two questions and after they said they would call back the people they wanted to have a second interview with. I got a call back and my second interview was one on one with the same person who interviewed me the first time. In the second interview they ask more personal questions and they have you try to sell the stubs reward card. I got a call back later that day saying I got the job. They are looking for people that are outgoing and are able to make small talk with complete strangers.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie and why ?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had to converse or work with people you do not know?   1 Answer
    • What is something that you are passionate about?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time where you as a customer have been treated poorly by an employee? What do you think they could have done to change it?   Answer Question

Film Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview

I walked in, told a film crew member I was in an interview and was to wait in the dining area. Manager came out and asked some pretty easy questions. Very friendly, felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Film Crew Member Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview

I applied and was called the next day to set up my interview. I went in the next day and waited in the lobby for about 15 minutes and finally met the manager. He took me to a back room and the interview took about 30 minutes. He was very understanding about me already having a part time job and needing another. 24 hours later I got a call from the hiring manager with an offer.

Film Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment in September 2016.

Interview

You begin with being called for a quick phone interview. Usually they tell you about the policy for hair and tattoos such as no tattoos visible above the collarbone and what have you and they ask if you can accept these terms. When you say yes, you schedule an in-person interview.

At the in-person interview I was interviewed by a manager and they asked questions about you like what's your passion in life and what's important to you when it comes to doing the job to the best of your ability.

The BIGGEST portion of the interview is when you roleplay the Stubs program. Make sure you know the benefits. It's okay if you get some information wrong, just saying that there's a special on Tuesday without knowing the exact special seems to be alright. You don't need to be super accurate, just show a good amount of knowledge about it. They will take 2-3 days and if they call you, you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Let's say one time you walked into a restaurant and the table wasn't clean, how did you react?   Answer Question
    • What's a passion of yours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

it was OK but i was just looking for a part time job but they still didn't hire me i felt like they led me on they really looked like they were agreeing with what i was saying but still never happened to call me i was upset they didnt but i got over it

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Leesburg, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

During the interview they made me feel as comfortable as possible, just asking about customer service experience and upselling experience. I felt like I had already gotten the job, and I did.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to deal with an unruly customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

It was about two weeks from when I applied when I got a call to interview. They called me on a Tuesday and I did the interview on a Thursday. The interview itself was not bad. The most important piece was definitely the stubs card, they will have you pitch it. Make sure to read the benefits. I also found it helpful to think of what you would say if the interviewer asks you what if they say if they tell you that they don't go to movies often.

Film Crew Member Interview

Interview

The interview is only 15 minutes long. Be sure to dress well, not be too tense, and make sure your review the stubs program cause they will ask you to pitch it to them as if they were a customer