AMC Entertainment Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMC Entertainment Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate Interview Questions

2.0

Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment in May 2016.

Interview

applied online and in within a week was called in for a group interview. When I arrived there was about 3 other people and a manager and hiring manager were present they basically asked us to try and sell them a item that they never tried before along with going into detail with what the polices and dress codes were. They called me the next day and told me I was hired along with telling me to come in and pick up my shirt. Started training 3 days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AMC Entertainment

Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Glen Ellyn, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

asked you basic question of how to handle the job. What you have to do to sell Stub cards. What he would ask as if the position was right for if you wanted to pick up garbage and clean theaters.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Spokane, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a typical interview where they ask all the basic questions, the only unique thing was that they wanted you to give a pitch as if they were a customer to sell there rewards card.

Interview Questions

• what was your biggest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a group interview a week or two later. Went in with about 10 other people. Interview was a little hard for an usher position in my opinion plus some people there seemed overqualified plus were college graduates (but it might be because the job was at a theater in Downtown Disneyland); they asked about what movies mean to you and why they are important, etc. They also asked alot about customer service because they have a good rep for customer service. Said they would call people later that day for one on one interviews, but I never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• "Have you ever had an example where you had a bad experience at a business but they fixed it with customer service?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Tukwila, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, a few weeks later I get a call to set up an interview. When I came to the theater, I was handed a black binder with the AMC Stubs info and the company handbook. I sat there for about 10 minutes, then the manager came and took me into a room where another manager was sitting. They asked me several info questions then the interview questions. They said they would call me back if I got the job but I heard nothing back from them.

Interview Questions

• You had to sell the AMC Membership Stubs program as a roleplay event.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eagle River, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Eagle River, AK) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was quite fast and easy, no hard rocket science questions. Stubs is what they are about, you have to sale in order to keep your job. They want you to sale AMC stubs, so they ask you to rehearse a sales pitch and sale the stub. All in all, very fair interview

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite movie?   1 Answer

Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very simple. I applied online, and got a call within two weeks. The supervisor at the time called me on the phone, asking if I was still interested in the position, if I had any visible tattoos, and when I would like to come in for an interview. I came into the theater for the interview where I was interviewed by the general manager. While I was waiting for an interview before me to be completed, they asked me to read about the Stubs program. When I came into my interview, they asked me questions such as "what is your greatest accomplishment?" and "How would you sell a stubs membership to a customer?". It was a very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• Selling the stubs program was probably the most difficult question, however they won't expect you to be perfect because chances are you do not know much about the program.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Decatur, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Group interview. We had to "sell" AMC stubs cards, to see how well we could upsell their products. It was three people per interview, and one person played an employee and the other two were potential stubs members. The employee had to convince the customer to spend $12 per year for AMC stub card.

Interview Questions

• We had to sell the stubs cards   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online that took about 30 minutes. They called me the next day to set up a interview in person. I arrived 15 minutes early and it was a one on one interview. There are a few parts to the interview.

The first part is that they ask you a couple of questions.
    1. Talk about a time when you accomplished a goal.
    2. Talk about a time when you were a customer at a place that was dirty.

The next phase is getting your availability to work down. By the interview, they have asked me for my schedule two times already. It is odd that they ask the same question on the website, the phone, and in person.

The last part of the interview asked me to read about the AMC Stubs loyalty program. You can go a long way to impress your interviewer by reading about this before hand and NOT looking at the pamphlet during the interview. My interviewer said that I was the first person who was familiar with the Stubs program.

Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment in August 2013.

Interview

It was rather easy hiring process. I filled out an online application and got a phone call a few days later. I had a couple interviews with different managers. In the first interview they asked me to pitch the AMC Stubs program. Then they asked me about my best customer service experience at a store, and how I reacted to a dirty business. My advice is to be cheerful, outgoing, and use your common sense when answering the questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the last time you visited a messy store and how did that effect your experience? (This question was hard since I hardly ever go shopping, and never really go to messy places)   1 Answer

Negotiation

None