AMD Interview Questions in Bengaluru | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

3.4

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was total 6 rounds of Interview, starting with SystemVerilog, UVM, projects, analytical,SOC level. did not find it much difficult.
    analytical questions were tricky, but enough time was given to answer each.

Interview Questions

• UVM question : Assuming, UVM environment has 3 different agents having scope to their own interfaces.

On driving wrong stimuli on agent1, there will be error pin asserted on interface3(monitor of agent2 sees this).
      soon after error-pin assertion, there should be a read transaction from agent2.

How do you make sure your agent2 drives a read transaction on every wrong stimulus from agent1, which was seen on a monitor of agent2 ?
      1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Telephonic round for an hour, basic architecture and system and os level and programming questions. Relatively not too complex. Fly down the candidate for on-site face to face round. That was a full day affair, with four technical round and a manager meet followed by an hr round. Offered on the same day and have nearly a week to confirm acceptance. Technical rounds were programming, basic operating system concept, system and architecture related.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had applied through internshala. Then They called for Face to Face interview. it was technical , they ask on which language u are comfy with like general concepts. should be thorough with the concepts.

Interview Questions

• Pointers
      diamond problem in C++
      Linux: how to select a file recursively

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was really easy and they ask questions only what you say you are best at,so be careful about what you say.
    Study all the basics of C/C++.
    There were 2 face to face technical rounds for the interview .

Interview Questions

• -Dynamic memory allocation
      -Constructors
      -Data Structure
      -Logical questions
      -Basic Linux Commands

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I have applied through internshala and later they have shortlisted based on the resume. They called for an interview at AMD Bengaluru office.They have shortlisted based on embedded profile . I am M.Tech(Embedded systems) candidate.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tree data structure - (Inorder, preorder, postorder) - C program and recursive solution for it.
      2. Transpose of a matrix by passing the matrix to a function and returning it to the called function.
      3. Two dimensional array - dynamic memory allocation
      4. What is a thread?
      5. What is Machine learning? (I have mentioned in my resume and project)

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

HR from AMD sent mail in my linkedin profile

1)Telephonic discussion for an hour
    2) 2 rounds of technical discussion each for 1.5 hrs
    3) HR round with salary negotiation

All question are from design though the position is from verification engg
    I got call from HR after 3 days of F2F interview and negotiated for salary.

I had got AMD job 2 years back and I declined. She was asking me about the reason

Interview Questions

• telephonic :
      1) real number randomization with range 12.34 - 12.38
      3) PLL lock design
      4) Serial to Parallel design

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Got call for Telephonic interview, it was one hour.Then after some follow up with HR, got call for Face to Face interview. During Face to Face interview, asked about previous project experience. Asked few digital design questions. Positive Experience.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

There were three rounds. I cleared first two rounds. Third round was with manager, and it was a brainstorming round. They can ask you about anything. And the question is not, what you did. But, why you did that. Means if you have a chosen a path A, then what all paths you considered, pros and cons of each path, how did you finally arrive at path A. And how sure you are, that path A was the best. It was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my project, basic and advance digital design, CMOS concepts, STA, C, Verilog   Answer Question

Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Pretty exhaustive. First a telephone round with the hiring director. Then an onsite interview with the director again followed by interviews with the peers. Questions were ranging from past work experience in managing large scale programs, challenges faced, etc. There focus was also on transitioning teams to agile way.

Then another series of telephone interviews by couple of other directors and with the Corporate VP. Turns out in the group I interviewed for the VP interviews every single person who joins his team. In all I spoke to 8 different people. Overall the interview experience was exhaustive and long. I felt it was too much for a Program Manager II role.

Circuit Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

applied online, the team manager contacted , scheduled a telephonic interview, Interview started with listed projects on the resume. Technical basics.