AMD Interview Questions in Bengaluru | Glassdoor

3.4

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

First round was a 1 hour screening test, comprising of 6 sections, out of which any 4 could be chosen. However, the Digital Design and Logical Reasoning sections were compulsory.
    The screening was followed with an interview. They mostly asked me data structures and algorithms questions with the focus revolving around caches.

Interview Questions

• You are given the following linked list: A->B->C->D->E->NULL. The head points to C currently, and C needs to be deleted while keeping the structure of the linked list intact. Note: This is a singly linked list.   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

1round have logical question (like two eggs given in 100 floor buliding) , digital , and verilog, testing and physical design in these, 2 subjects(digital and logical) are compulsory and verilog , testing and physical design are optional but 2 topic are compulsory

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was total 6 rounds of Interview, starting with SystemVerilog, UVM, projects, analytical,SOC level. did not find it much difficult.
    analytical questions were tricky, but enough time was given to answer each.

Interview Questions

• UVM question : Assuming, UVM environment has 3 different agents having scope to their own interfaces.

On driving wrong stimuli on agent1, there will be error pin asserted on interface3(monitor of agent2 sees this).
      soon after error-pin assertion, there should be a read transaction from agent2.

How do you make sure your agent2 drives a read transaction on every wrong stimulus from agent1, which was seen on a monitor of agent2 ?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Telephonic round for an hour, basic architecture and system and os level and programming questions. Relatively not too complex. Fly down the candidate for on-site face to face round. That was a full day affair, with four technical round and a manager meet followed by an hr round. Offered on the same day and have nearly a week to confirm acceptance. Technical rounds were programming, basic operating system concept, system and architecture related.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had applied through internshala. Then They called for Face to Face interview. it was technical , they ask on which language u are comfy with like general concepts. should be thorough with the concepts.

Interview Questions

• Pointers
      diamond problem in C++
      Linux: how to select a file recursively   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was really easy and they ask questions only what you say you are best at,so be careful about what you say.
    Study all the basics of C/C++.
    There were 2 face to face technical rounds for the interview .

Interview Questions

• -Dynamic memory allocation
      -Constructors
      -Data Structure
      -Logical questions
      -Basic Linux Commands   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I have applied through internshala and later they have shortlisted based on the resume. They called for an interview at AMD Bengaluru office.They have shortlisted based on embedded profile . I am M.Tech(Embedded systems) candidate.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tree data structure - (Inorder, preorder, postorder) - C program and recursive solution for it.
      2. Transpose of a matrix by passing the matrix to a function and returning it to the called function.
      3. Two dimensional array - dynamic memory allocation
      4. What is a thread?
      5. What is Machine learning? (I have mentioned in my resume and project)   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

HR from AMD sent mail in my linkedin profile

1)Telephonic discussion for an hour
    2) 2 rounds of technical discussion each for 1.5 hrs
    3) HR round with salary negotiation

All question are from design though the position is from verification engg
    I got call from HR after 3 days of F2F interview and negotiated for salary.

I had got AMD job 2 years back and I declined. She was asking me about the reason

Interview Questions

• telephonic :
      1) real number randomization with range 12.34 - 12.38
      3) PLL lock design
      4) Serial to Parallel design   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Got call for Telephonic interview, it was one hour.Then after some follow up with HR, got call for Face to Face interview. During Face to Face interview, asked about previous project experience. Asked few digital design questions. Positive Experience.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

There were three rounds. I cleared first two rounds. Third round was with manager, and it was a brainstorming round. They can ask you about anything. And the question is not, what you did. But, why you did that. Means if you have a chosen a path A, then what all paths you considered, pros and cons of each path, how did you finally arrive at path A. And how sure you are, that path A was the best. It was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my project, basic and advance digital design, CMOS concepts, STA, C, Verilog   Answer Question