AMD Interview Questions in Boxborough, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.9

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had filled up an online application on the career website. After one week received the call for the interview through online process. The interview lasted for the 30 minutes. Discussed in depth about the projects I had on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were from resume, I was asked in detail about the project. And some questions relevant to project like synthesis tool,etc   1 Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The resume was submitted online on the company website. The team manager called after couple of weeks for the first phone interview. The manager asked the technical person on the team to conduct technical interview the following week. The technical interview covered basic questions on the object oriented programming skills. The overall tone of interview was positive.

Interview Questions

• what are main differences between UVM monitor and UVM driver classes?   1 Answer

Graphics Verification Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

First, a basic telephonic interview. Basically, asked about the resume.
    Second, on-site interview. coding round and VLSI. I didn't know much about the VLSI. Easy to crack if you know your thing.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Four 1-hour phone conversations with research team members and 1 hours web presentation in front of research team members. Conversations were scheduled one after another. It all took a little over a week.

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to background knowledge and current developments in the area. Also, some typical questions about cache hierarchy and architecture to test thinking. Some questions related to what would be involved in the project at this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked HD for 20% a raise with respect to my previous salary but got only 10%.

Design Verification Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through University. Got call from Hiring Manager , 45 min of call , asked regarding the background , skills and knowledge about the programming skills. Next round was technical, questions pretty much based on verilog and c++. After 2 days , got a call for on-site interview. 5 people took the interview about 30-45 min each. Questions based Design concepts and Verification Methodology, C/C++, Verilog and Scripting.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you implement FIFO in hardware?   2 Answers

Senior ASIC Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email that asked me to schedule a phone interview. I also received a call form the recruiter regarding interview scheduling. I was told that the interview would be mainly a general one and nothing technical would be asked. Some of the questions asked in the interview-
    - Why do you think you are most suitable for this job?
    - How are your skills relevant to this position?
    The questions were easy and mostly of HR type. Never heard back from the company regarding their decision.

Interview Questions

• (Unexpected) What the types of caches?   3 Answers

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter was well organized. Phone screen by hiring manager was detailed, pointed but well directed. On-site interviews were detailed. Led by multiple people one at a time. Topics ranged from deeply technical to interpersonal matters. Interviewers were considerate of time and kept a friendly ambiance throughout.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult project scenario, what was tough and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews over 4 weeks. Generally discussed about current research projects. I was invited to meet the team in Boxborough, MA in December. I had around 7 personal interviews including one during lunch. The interviewers were pretty good asked questions on microarchitecture, projects, object oriented concepts, verification and logic design.
    I was informed by the recruiter that they'll have a decision by next day. I was told that the team was interested in my candidacy but wanted to conduct one more interview over Skype. I didn't here back from them for about 4 weeks when they told me that they have already identified a other candidate.
    Overall it was very poor and unprofessional job by the team manager and the recruiter.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online for internship. Was questioned on basic logic design. Few other verification related questions. Was also given a puzzle to solve. The interviewer was very encouraging. Talked about my course work. Also asked a lot of basic questions about computer architecture. Also a few questions regarding the object oriented programming. Concepts like inheritance, polymorphism, operator overloading etc.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer to have setup or hold violations after the chip is manufactured?   2 Answers
    • How would you verify a 3 bit and 64 bit adder? Would you adopt the same strategy?   3 Answers