AMD Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.9

Systems Validation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

No pretty hard technical questions.
    Just several questions about hardware configuration, then situational questions, for instance what's your reaction when facing over limit workload, etc.
    The interviewing process took about 20 minutes. Interviewers are kind.

Interview Questions

• How to quickly find which version of driver is broken out of 100 versions.(Suppose all versions before the broken one are valid and all after are broken too)   1 Answer

Pey Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ryerson University, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AMD (Ryerson University, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through school website. Easy process. Applied January 9th. Got accepted for interview 10 days later. Interview was on Jan 29th. Interviewers were kind and joked around a bit to keep a relaxed yet professional mood. The interviewers had 4 questions prepared for the applicants. After that a couple questions on resume, cover letter and an additional technical question.

Interview Questions

• If three people hand you work to do individually within a certain time frame and you know you can only handle two, what would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Digital Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

At first, the interviewer told me something about their team and then asked technical questions about RTL design. The interviewer was very nice and friendly. This is a short interview and the communication is very well.

Verilog Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Asked me technical questions, no behavioural questions. I didn't do too well on the technical questions but what got me the job was the problem solving question unrelated to the job. I was the only candidate to answer the problem solving question. They are looking for someone who can problem solve, even if your job knowledge is rusty.

Physical Design Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 AMD engineers on the physical design team interviewing me at my school. The interview began with them describing the position and what thier team did at AMD. This was followed by a series of technical questions with regards to logic gates and CMOS logic. There were no generic interview questions, Interview was purly technical. Unfortunately one of the interviewers would tell me I was wrong midway through my explanation which through me off completely, setting the tone for the rest of the interview questions poorly. Other than that the two AMD staff members were very kind.

Interview Questions

• Draw the NAND implementation of some digital logic.
      Draw and explain the CMOS implementation of a NAND gate.
      A series of questions with regards to a CMOS inverter (switching, what comes after a CMOS inverter, explain how a CMOS invetering works, etc.)
      Basic Linux commands

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

Asked technical questions, and some problem solving ones unrelated to course material. I applied via my university, and I only had to do one round. They are looking for people that can problem solve.

Interview Questions

• A simple coding question, a series of verilog questions, and a problem solving.   Answer Question

Multimedia Driver Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

2 interviewers. Both were friendly and provided support on tricky questions asking about content that is not taught in the classroom. Interviewers did not expect the candidate to have extensive knowledge of video/graphics/drivers - did a lot of explaining in the actual interview itself. Overall, the interview was a good experience and was completely fair.

Interview Questions

• Output of a function
      How does video processing/compression work

SMU Team Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

Interviewer was extremely friendly and nice. Asked a few questions about resume and then moved on to technical questions - did not ask for ridiculous detail on the resume projects since he understood the amount of time that had passed since they were done.

Interview Questions

• Maximum allowable clock frequency
      Identify any timing violations and how to fix them

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

The interviewer first gave a brief introduction of the position, then asked me to introduce myself. Afterwards, it was all technical questions. (Software programming ones) Then he asked wether I have any question for him.

Client Power Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took approximately 2 weeks and I had my interview at school. There were 2 interviewers and both had different questions to ask me. I had to answer a basic circuits question and then asked a bunch of technical skill questions regarding computers.

Interview Questions

• Place computer parts onto a motherboard appropriately   1 Answer