AMD Design Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Design Engineer I Interview Questions

2.7

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Design Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

I got this 45 minutes Phone interview because of employee referral. They sent me the email to set up a phone interview after 1 day, very efficient. During the phone interview, the interviewer asked me to help him go through my resume, and then asked me a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How to estimate the size of a computer memory; how to find out the reason why the area is lager than you expected after synthesis.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Design Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD in March 2013.

Interview

I got an email for a quick phone call. I then had 5 one-hour Skype sessions with 5 different people, with 15 minute breaks between each person. Each person had different areas of expertise and were all on the team that I was interviewing for. I got questions ranging from work habits to technical questions. I didn't have any written questions because this was a video call, so all of my answers were verbal answers.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most challenging problems you came across and how did you debug it?   Answer Question

Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

There were 4 one-on-one rounds each of around 50 minutes duration.

All are technical based and there was no HR round. You have to be very much clear about your resume, as they ask more about previous projects.

Interview Questions

• 1) Explain setup time and hold time.
      2) What happens when setup and hold times are violated?
      3) Make XOR logic from NAND gates.
      4) Hazards in computer architecture.
      5) Explain pipelining with examples.
      6) Previous projects. (This is very much important)   Answer Question

Design Engineer I Interview

Interview

Phone interview went on for 2 hrs. The manager was interested in my background and projects. Got an onsite interview call in 2 days. I had 6 rounds in the onsite interview, concentrating mainly on digital circuit design. Two of those rounds were implementation design, concentrating on RTL.

The questions were mostly from basics of circuit design. They tested timing, which is an important thing to prepare. FSM based design was tested.

Interview Questions

• Timing questions like critical path, setup and hold violations and ways to prevent them, dynamic logic and problems with timing there etc.   1 Answer